Pantheon - Kickstarter Updates #13 & 14

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
As usual Visionary Realms has released two new updates for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

Update #13 - "Community Q&A Video #4"

Hot off the presses, or the reel, or the SD-card, comes Q&A Video #4. We've gathered some of the most asked questions and put them together in this video to get you your answers.
Update #14 - "Introducing... The Crusader"

The Crusader

The Crusader is a powerful knight whose devotion to king or deity is so great that he has been blessed with divine powers. A paragon of virtue, the Crusader commands the battlefield and defends the weak. Brave and bold, the Crusader is always at the front of any fray, guarding his allies against harm with armor and faith.

What is a Crusader?

The Crusader is a knight sworn to serve their king and country, to protect the lives of those who cannot protect themselves. A Crusader will pledge his or her allegiance to one of the kings or pantheons. They will abide by their laws, serve the people, defend their lands and travel great distances to strike down the enemy. This is the life of the Crusader, to prove their allegiance to any they serve. As the Crusader fights in the name of their god or king, their loyalty grows which allows them access to a vast assortment of benefits blessed by their lord. Their unwavering faith grants them the ability to deliver divine judgment and intervention. Many stories tell of the “white knight” in full plate armor on the hilltops accompanied by their squire proudly carrying the king’s banner. Wherever the Crusader may travel, whoever they may serve, word of their high loyalty spreads and the citizens will offer themselves up to become a squire under their stead. The squire yearns to please the knight, as they know they can easily be replaced. As the Crusaders loyalty and fame become stronger, so too does the squire that follows them. It has been known for Crusaders to change their allegiances from one country to another, though there may be consequences involved.
More information.

Brad McQuaid has nothing to do with Vanguard anymore. Blame Sony Online since they pulled the plug on the game, and three other MMOs this week.

The announcement Reyla linked to was signed by John Smedley, the President of Sony Online Entertainment. I believe he was Brad McQuaid's boss at Verant while Everquest was being developed.

Hopefully you just got McQuaid confused with smedley. smedely is a publisher ceo, who makes greedy corporate decisions, to rip off fans. McQuaid is a talented game designer who got mixed up with alcohol and drugs, but seems to be recovering.

The guys working on this (including McQuaid) are some of the most talented and innovated mmog game designers in the industry. Mmogs might not be your interest, but from about 2000 to 2010, it was the major source of Coop gameplay in the industry (or at least the closest thing we had to Coop games).

The only, ONLY bad thing I can say about McQuaid is that he tends to sell the products that he makes at some point. I'm hoping that, with Pantheon, he decides to keep it going forever and not dump it at some point. I have faith in his skills to create a good game, but I get really scared when I think of him in total control.

Back
Top Bottom