Skyrim - Skywind Developer Diary #5

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on Developer Diary #5 for Skywind.

The team behind the ambitious Morrowind Remake mod for Skyrim, Skywind, has released its fifth developer video. According to the team, the project has made immense progress since the last video. Therefore, this video will give you a better idea of where the project stands now.

[...]

More information.

This already looks incredible and I really, really hope they will succeed! Going back to Morrowind is a long-time dream of mine. It is by far the most interesting TES setting to date. What's keeping me back is the combat system and some of the broken mechanics.

I'm currently replaying the Skyrim TC Enderal with the Forgotten Stories enhancement. If you are looking for your TES fix this might be it. It is basically Skyrim mixed with a bit of Gothic. Production values are incredible and the story is interesting. You need Skyrim to be installed and then you can install Enderal directly via Steam like any other game.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

They (SureAI) are currently also adapting the predecessor Nehrim (TC for Oblivion) in the same way for Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1014940/Nehrim_At_Fates_Edge/

The team also did two (!) TCs for Morrowind back when, which are set in the same world as the other TCs.

I really hope to see their own game in this setting at some point.

Mixed feelings about this. Part of me just wonders why they don't spend that time making a new game, even if it's on a much smaller scale.

But Morrowind was aweomse and, if they do it justice, going back there would be great. I just hope they don't butcher it. I've already seen a few things in the vid above which I don't like tbh.

Skyrim had the absolute best Ice Cave shader graphics in an RPG so far, I've played!!

Back
Top Bottom