Rune - Skipping Early Access

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming report that Rune will be skipping Early Access as the full release is planned for this year.

Human Head Studios has announced that after securing additional funding sources, it will be able to skip the Early Access phase for Rune: Ragnarok, and release it in its full glory. While the team hasn't specified yet when the game will come out, it has confirmed that it will released in 2019.

[...]
More information.

Probably would be interested if it still wasn't an online server based game-world.:cool:

Probably would be interested if it still wasn't an online server based game-world.:cool:

Are you sure it's an always online game? I didn't see any information that mentioned this.

Are you sure it's an always online game? I didn't see any information that mentioned this.
Yes it's similar to Conan were you can play SP on a private server.
After nearly 20 years of working on other games like “Prey” and its cancelled sequel, Human Head Games is returning home with “Rune: Ragnarok,” a resurrected follow-up to “Rune,” the studios first project that launched all the way back in 2000. It’s something that they’ve wanted to make for a long time.

“The original game is a very linear, story based adventure where you follow Ragnar on his journey. This is an open world game with a lot more player choice,” Human Head Games Project Director Chris Rhinehart tells Variety. “We want fans to know that this is a modern take on Rune, we’re working to combine that nostalgia from the first game with things people want now.”

“Rune: Ragnarok” is an open world, third person, action-adventure title set in Human Head Games’ loose depiction of Midgard, a fantasy world influenced by Denmark. It can be played alone on private servers or online with up sixty four players in a single session. It has both PvP and PvE elements where players can team up and raid fortresses together or kill one another for loot.
Link - https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/run-hands-on-1202849445/

It can be played offline (or at least not with other people), but a game that is from the ground up designed to be "enjoyed" with other people, on Conan-like servers will never be a great single player experience.

Scratched that game from my wishlist as soon as it became clear it focused on the multiplayer route.

Well, count me out then. I played and enjoyed Rune back then as a single player game. And I really don't understand 'you have to connect to a server to play singleplayer content' thing. Please don't give me that anti cheating crap as an excuse. I don't give a damn to that because I don't play multiplayer either. Anyway, their loss not mine, since there are enough offline single player game in the market.

Back
Top Bottom