RPGWatch Forums
Page 58 of 58 « First 8 48 56 57 58

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pathfinder: Kingmaker (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40946)

wolfgrimdark March 3rd, 2020 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061598412)
Is there a mod that does away with the kingdom building? I loved the first chapter of the game and just got dreadfully bored once I got the stupid keep or whatever it was. What about timed quests? Is there a mod that does both?

The game itself has an auto-kingdom option. Enable it and no more kingdom management at all. No need for a mod when the game has its own option to remove it.

Not sure on the timed quests as it doesn't bother me so had no need to research it.

Pladio March 3rd, 2020 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061598412)
Is there a mod that does away with the kingdom building? I loved the first chapter of the game and just got dreadfully bored once I got the stupid keep or whatever it was. What about timed quests? Is there a mod that does both?

I think there's an option that says Automatic kingdom building and you don't have to worry about it.
Not 100% sure if you then just assign advisors or something.

Zloth March 5th, 2020 05:50

I finally finished the game, btw.

A word of warning to anyone who makes it to the end: what you think is the end is actually the beginning of several quests. You'll think you're about to face the final big baddy, only to find you need to gather another bunch of somethings. (Though, to be fair, the last group of 3 somethings are directly along your path.)

Also, be sure to bring plenty of Diamond Dust around in the end game. I just pulled a big pile of it out of my common chest around half way through the game and pretty much forgot about it. Then I ran out with about 3 spawns to go! Facing Big Baddy without my communal stone armor made it a good bit harder.

I would actually advise against the DLC. Honestly, this game has TONS of content as is. I think it would be best to wait until you actually finish this monster and then buy the DLC if you want to play through a second time.

Pladio March 10th, 2020 14:01

I'm playing through the game finally and enjoying it. I don't think rtwp is great but I don't think turnbased would make sense for this game as there are too many fights.

I am enjoying it but not sure I will last.

I thought I was halfway through and I think I'm still in chapter 2 [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Zloth March 15th, 2020 21:37

I happened to play one of my old videos from Divinity 2 when getting toward the end of this game and… hold on, my character has Nyrissa's voice! I looked up the voice actress (Amelia Tyler) looked into her list of game roles and found she also played Malady in Divinity: Original Sin 2.

TomRon March 21st, 2020 15:32

Just finished the game…oh my. This has been without a doubt my most enojoyable gaming experience since…forever I guess. Extremely satisfying and actually fun the whole way through, can't say that about many 100hour+ games. I only wish you didn't get to keep all the companions for one playthrough, since I've already done all their quests replaying isn't quite as a tempting as it would be if I hadn't seen most of the content already.

wolfgrimdark March 24th, 2020 20:18

I realize most around here don't care about graphics in a game like this. I still do myself though. This mod really makes a difference in the clarity of many textures, for anyone who might want it here is the link:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/171?

The 256 npc textures upped to 1024 and they were provided by Owlcat - Mortheim community manager.

Hexprone March 24th, 2020 20:43

What's going on with Octavia and Regongar?

I've just finished the Season of Bloom, and all the other characters have given me at least the first step of their personal quests, and a few have given me the second.

Nothing at all from Octavia and Reg. Is this normal? Is there a specific plot event later on that kicks off their quests, or have I messed something up?

Arhu March 24th, 2020 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark;1061600533This mod really makes a difference in the clarity of many textures, for anyone who might want it here is the link:

[url
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/171?[/url]

The 256 npc textures upped to 1024 and they were provided by Owlcat - Mortheim community manager.

I started playing again yesterday after a half year hiatus due to a few game crippling bugs. Since all my mods stopped working I'm playing vanilla at the moment. Which mods are worth having with current version 2.08 besides this one?

wolfgrimdark March 25th, 2020 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arhu (Post 1061600555)
I started playing again yesterday after a half year hiatus due to a few game crippling bugs. Since all my mods stopped working I'm playing vanilla at the moment. Which mods are worth having with current version 2.08 besides this one?

I haven't had any issues with my mods and I am on the most current version of the game. Was playing last night and its been good.

What mods are worth it is extremely relative :-) But here are the ones I am using. Mostly visual related. The Bag of Tricks I use for visual as well - to make my character one size larger in scale and make my wolf look like a Worg. Oh and it also lets me name my animal companion with a personal name.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/…41235a74_b.jpg

Can click if need full size for readability. Its just an image I threw up on Flickr.

Zloth March 26th, 2020 04:07

Camera rotation FOR SURE!

I definitely liked the turn based mod. It really helped me understand what was going on in combat.

rjshae September 4th, 2020 17:24

It's amusing that I ignored a side quest with Valerie for too long and now the Kingdom is falling apart with rioting in the villages. Heh.

purpleblob September 5th, 2020 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjshae (Post 1061614342)
It's amusing that I ignored a side quest with Valerie for too long and now the Kingdom is falling apart with rioting in the villages. Heh.

I'm not quite understanding what happened here.

Spoiler

In general, its good to address companion quests asap.

Also, you can set kingdom difficulty to effortless without impacting overall game difficulty - DC checks are much lower on effortless to successfully deal with kingdom problems and opportunities.