Piranha Bytes RPB - Name = "Risen" ?

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Straight from the rumor department:
PC Games.de posted a newsbit speculating Piranha Bytes´ upcoming RPG will be named Risen. They refer to a now deleted thread on the fan site WorldofPB. It seems the publisher Deep Silver has registered the Risen brand last February, and several websites including the word Risen have also been secured, some of them by Piranha Bytes members. PC Games concludes (transl.):
And therefore we consider it possible to very probable that the name of [Piranha Bytes´] RPG will be Risen.
More information.

Risen he?
sounds interesting.
With that title you can still go so many ways.
Or the the obvious ways: the big bad evil has risen or the legendary hero has risen after his parents were killed who were farmers.

Although I do trust PB to surprise us all as they did with Gothic

The stock market has risen and the hero must make haste to sell his stocks in various corporations in order to retire to his beach house on the main land.

Deep Silver uploaded a teaser page at rpb.deepsilver.com . Just a countdown and a pic. In 7 days we´ll know more.

I´m really happy to be with you all here!:w00t:

The release of "Drakensang" at last - the ultimate outing of "Divinity 2" - the unveiling of RPB´s name!

These promise to be quite exciting months in the coming for us RPG´ers!:boogie::clap::highfive:

Ragon, the divine Drakensang Mage of RPB
:floating:

Been saying this for quite a while: The future of RPGs is looking good at this point. Sure, the next few years probably won't be as good as the late 90s, but a whole lot better than average. A few titles I'm excited about:

1. RPB - I have sky high expectations for this one.
2. Dragon Age
3. NWN2: SoZ
4. Drakensang
5. Two Worlds: The Temptation
6. Gothic 3 add-on
7. Gothic 4
8. Alpha Protocol
9. The alien game from Obsidian
10. Dungeon Hero

.. and so on and so forth. Man, it's good to be a gamer. :)

Suppose that becomes a character in all those games? :lol:

Me, I'm in both Divinity and I think in Sared - but I think only as a grave inscription, because I never found "my" name there.

Plus, what few know, my name is in the list of the credited fans of Broken Sword 3. ;)

I agree, it's a good time to be a cRPG'er.

A heretical thought just occurred to me, though. Could the RPG renaissance have something to do with... Oblivion? That was a huge commercial success. Could it be that this caused investors and studios to sit up and take notice, and make it that much easier to pitch a cRPG project to them? The timing is about right -- it takes a few years for a project to mature, so on the calendar at least this batch just might be "Children of Oblivion."

If so, we have a lot to be thankful for, as little as we may like Bethsoft, or Oblivion itself, for that matter.

That´s the same as on the rpb.deepsilver.com homepage. In 6 days they´ll reveal if the name is really Risen. So far it´s unconfirmed.

I understand now, thanks Gorath. Seems a great mystery in having a countdown for just the game title confirmation, i suspect even greater info's to be revealed. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom