Gothic 3 Combat skills... something missing?

CarcusRex

Watchdog
I'm at lvl 22. I'm playing with balancing and AI turned on. I just realized that with the master swordsman skill, I don't really have any new moves. I can basically do the same moves with my lvl 1 guy that I can with lvl 22 guy with master sword skill... rt click hold block; rt click quick jab; lft click full swing; lft click hold power attack; and rt & lft click pierce. All the same with or without master sword skill. Is there really anything to having this skill except gaining the prerequisit for two weapon fighting?

I seem to remember that in G1 & 2, with increased skill came new moves. Am I missing something?

Another thing bugging me is that I have a poisoned sword. When I hit an opponent with it, I tested to see if his health bar deminished over time, or even turn green, but niether seems to happen. Anybody else notice this?

No, you're not missing something. In Gothic 3 your moves stay the same, but your chance to hit will differ. So yes, a master sword skill is usefull if you want to do more damage, but it doesn't change any cinematic.

I don't know yet how it is in the patched version, but I remember that you had to jab (you know that pause an then you stick the sword in front of you. It makes your oponent stumble a bit) the other person to make the poison active.

Thanks for the info. I gotta give that jab-poison thing a try... hope it works. I know I'm in some serious $hit when I get poisoned... wouldn't mind returning the favor. :)

Back
Top Bottom