RPGWatch Forums
Page 2 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Gold! (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14352)

Couchpotato July 30th, 2011 08:28

Quote:

"It doesn't reach Killzone 3 levels of splendour, but it's impossible not to be wowed by the neon-drenched presence of Hangsha in China."
"It's not as direct as a sci-fi COD, nor as expansive or open as Fallout," he writes. "Instead it's somewhere in the middle."
See another example how everything gets compared to Halo/COD/Killzone when the fools should know its a different game.

Nerevarine July 30th, 2011 08:36

It doesn't reach the levels of Killzone 3 and CoD?

Then there is hope for this game after all! :)

Couchpotato July 30th, 2011 08:53

No matter what anyone says I have been waiting for this game for years. I will love and replay it at least 5 times. Hopefully it sells well and funds future DeusEX games.

Nerevarine July 30th, 2011 09:10

I have high (but realistic) hopes for this one too, along with a bit of concern, seeing as how none of the original Deus Ex developers are a part of Human Revolution. I'm not expecting HR to be as good as the original, but I am very pleased that there will be a new Deus Ex game that, at the very least, is trying to capture some of what made the original so great; player freedom in deciding how to complete the game's objectives being one of the big ones.

zakhal July 30th, 2011 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerevarine (Post 1061083813)
It doesn't reach the levels of Killzone 3 and CoD?

Then there is hope for this game after all! :)

What does that mean!!!? I mean Killzone is hardly a level to be proud of. I would never buy CoD. The only reason I play killzone is because of the sharpshooter:
http://dvice.com/assets_c/2010/12/Sh…auto-53183.jpg

Nerevarine July 30th, 2011 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakhal (Post 1061083819)
What does that mean!!!? I mean Killzone is hardly a level to be proud of….

I was being sarcastic, which doesn't always translate well in written form :). I was making fun of the review which criticized HR for not being like CoD or Killzone - as if those two games are something that a Deus Ex game should aspire to.

zakhal July 30th, 2011 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerevarine (Post 1061083825)
I was being sarcastic, which doesn't always translate well in written form :). I was making fun of the review which criticized HR for not being like CoD or Killzone - as if those two games are something that a Deus Ex game should aspire to.

Ok. Indeed for me the fact that they are "not like CoD or Killzone" is only a positive thing. +5 to the games review score.

Nerevarine July 30th, 2011 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakhal (Post 1061083829)
Ok. Indeed for me the fact that they are "not like CoD or Killzone" is only a positive thing. +5 to the games review score.

Indeed. The fact that the reviewer would expect a Deus Ex game to be similar to Killzone and CoD makes me wonder if he even knows what the game is supposed to be about.

DArtagnan July 30th, 2011 11:46

Just ignore the reviews and trust me instead ;)

Well, unless the actual game is very different from the leak.

azarhal July 30th, 2011 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061083811)
See another example how everything gets compared to Halo/COD/Killzone when the fools should know its a different game.

Somebody asked the reviewer why he took those game as comparison on twitter, he's answer is that you have to compare games to modern game otherwise people don't know what you are talking about.

Strangely, I haven't played Killzone or Halo. I stopped playing CoD after #2.I guess I'm not modern enough.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:18.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch