Encased

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Encased is a modern single player sci-fi post-apocalyptic isometric role-playing game. It's all about exploration, adventures, and survival inside a sealed territory.

Our game is heavily inspired by the famous isometric RPGs of the late 90's and early 2000's. However, we aim not only to repeat the essential aspects that made those games golden classics, but also to improve and evolve the genre even further.

The player is a participant in a project researching the technology and artifacts of a long-gone civilization. Wondrous discoveries, mysterious artifacts, and dangerous anomalies are constant companions.

The story campaign will last twenty-five to thirty hours with significant replay potential. Play any character you want and watch the world change in response to your actions.

The game will feature turn-based combat. All mechanics are designed to give players a large number of tactical choices, freedom of action and an ability to approach every combat situation in a unique and creative way.

Features

Call of Adventure

Challenge the danger. Explore the remote desert encased within the unbreakable Dome. Fatal anomalies, rare artefacts and the breathtaking ruins of an ancient civilization await you!.

Deep Role-Playing

Character development will be based on a deep and extensive role-playing system of our own design, but it is inspired by classic role-playing games. There are no classes in the game, the player will be able to dispense attributes and learn skills at their own discretion.

Ultimate Freedom

The game will take place in an open world. After introduction, the player will be free to go anywhere and to explore the world as they please. The world consists of separately loaded locations. When moving from one location to another and traveling around the world, random events can occur.

More information.

@Myrthos;, additional infos on this game, could you please update them? :)
Encased

Developer: Dark Crystal Games

SP/MP: Single-player
Setting: Post-Apoc
Genre: RPG
Combat: Turn-based
Play-time: Unknown => 30-40 hours
Voice-acting: Unknown => full

Regions & platforms
Internet
· Homepage
· Platform: PC => PC and console (PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
· To be announced
· Publisher: Black Tower Entertainment => Koch Media (they confirmed on Discord they were switching publisher, not keeping both)

Thanks I updated it, with the exception of the publisher. Usually Deep Silver, as a Koch subsidiary, does the publishing of games. So, my guess is that it will be Deep Silver doing this. If not, it would be the first game in our database that Koch actually publishes :)

Thanks I updated it, with the exception of the publisher. Usually Deep Silver, as a Koch subsidiary, does the publishing of games. So, my guess is that it will be Deep Silver doing this. If not, it would be the first game in our database that Koch actually publishes :)
Possible, we'll know more tomorrow in Koch Media's stream I suppose.
Consoles (XBox One and PS4 for now) will be released later, apparently.
Thanks!

Developer has been shut down and is now defunct. No more games or support.
Partial Translation. ^^
Dark Crystal Games, developer behind Encased role-playing game, has closed its doors. This was announced by journalist and developer Peter Salnikov in the latest issue of 'The House of The Dev' podcast.

Dark Crystal Games was founded by former developers of the St. Petersburg division of Larian Studios. Encased became the studio's debut project, which the developers planned to develop through Steam Early Access, but over time the RPG found a publisher in the person of Koch Media and its label Prime Matter. Together with the new partner, developers were planning to release the game on consoles with fully voiced dialogues, but it will never happen.

A year after the deal was announced, the PC version of Encased has left early access, and received mixed reviews from the press and the RPG genre fan community. Several months after the release, the developers continued to release updates with free content and improvements.

I had an interview a few months back with one of the main developers but it was cancelled due to him leaving the studio. Right there I knew something was wrong with the studio.

That's a shame. Encased seemed pretty good for a first project. I was looking forward to seeing what they would do next.

Back
Top Bottom