RPGWatch Forums
Page 642 of 646 « First 142 542 592 632 640 641 642 643 644 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What games are you playing now? (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139)

Winterfart May 28th, 2020 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucifer656 (Post 1061605067)
red dead redemption

Kill all the snakes!

JFarrell71 May 30th, 2020 07:14

I've been playing Wasteland 2 some lately. I played it at release in 2014, liked it, but never quite finished it. I've not played the Director's Cut before. The perks are a nice addition, and I suppose the precise targeting is too though my Rangers aren't good enough yet to take those penalties, but the voice acting…wow, the voice acting is bad. Some of the worst I've ever heard. Nobody has been what I'd call good. A lot of voices don't match the characters at all. Some of the line deliveries are terrible ("Oh, mom" says the worried son in a way that sounds more like mom did a dumb thing again), and one guy mispronounced ugh, of all things. I did something I've never done before: I muted the voices.

Pladio May 30th, 2020 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061605339)
I've been playing Wasteland 2 some lately. I played it at release in 2014, liked it, but never quite finished it. I've not played the Director's Cut before. The perks are a nice addition, and I suppose the precise targeting is too though my Rangers aren't good enough yet to take those penalties, but the voice acting…wow, the voice acting is bad. Some of the worst I've ever heard. Nobody has been what I'd call good. A lot of voices don't match the characters at all. Some of the line deliveries are terrible ("Oh, mom" says the worried son in a way that sounds more like mom did a dumb thing again), and one guy mispronounced ugh, of all things. I did something I've never done before: I muted the voices.

My. Problem with the game was that although on paper it has everything I tend to enjoy such as Tb combat, lots of options for char creation and development, choices and consequences for quests, etc. It just didn't feel fun. I can't put my finger on any one element. Maybe this was one of them for me. I think combat felt very lacklustre too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pongo May 30th, 2020 11:14

Still playing the Tyrants of the Moonsea NWN mod. It started really well - the Hillsfar section was particularly well done with some interesting twists that I wasn't expecting. The further I go, though, the more linear it feels sadly; and some of the latest areas are starting to feel a bit rushed. I'm still enjoying it overall and l'll finish it to see what happens.

Couchpotato May 30th, 2020 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pongo (Post 1061605352)
Still playing the Tyrants of the Moonsea NWN mod. It started really well - the Hillsfar section was particularly well done with some interesting twists that I wasn't expecting. The further I go, though, the more linear it feels sadly; and some of the latest areas are starting to feel a bit rushed. I'm still enjoying it overall and l'll finish it to see what happens.

Yeah that's how I still feel playing that mod. It was supposed to be better for the Enhanced version. As the original was rushed & barely finished due to lack of funds.

It was supposed to be a premium NWN mod but that program was cancelled.

Pongo May 30th, 2020 11:39

Thank Couchpotato, that's interesting. I'm playing the EE version - I didn't play the original version so I can't compare really, but it still starts strong and gradually gets weaker as it goes along. Worth playing if you like NWN but not one of the better mods.

Couchpotato May 30th, 2020 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pongo (Post 1061605357)
Thank Couchpotato, that's interesting. I'm playing the EE version - I didn't play the original version so I can't compare really, but it still starts strong and gradually gets weaker as it goes along. Worth playing if you like NWN but not one of the better mods.

It's actually the third mod from the author.
  1. AL1: Siege of Shadowdale (Canceled Premium Module)
  2. AL2: Crimson Tides of Tethyr (Canceled Premium Module)
  3. AL3: Tyrants of the Moonsea (Canceled Premium Module)
All three can still be downloaded on the NWNVault.

joxer May 30th, 2020 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061605132)
That probably was the plan to make a sequel but something happened behind the scenes between both studios. Avelloneshed some light on that, but it was on the Codex.

I have no idea what was on Codex but I do remember some of CA's thoughts written elsewhere about life that can sum up in one sentence.
He did not want to play for a team he doesn't like and CEO couldn't accept such behavior.

As it happens he had a choice to show the middlefinger to the modern corporate culture where a teamplayer has no right to object on other team members added by CEO. Many weren't that lucky or should I say brave? One must pay bills, so it's not really go pro or go home, it's go pro or go hobo.

That aside, a sequel won't happen. The game tried something new but wasn't interesting enough to be mentioned as classic or mustplay in some future. Which is a shame.

Couchpotato May 30th, 2020 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061605362)
I have no idea what was on Codex but I do remember some of CA's thoughts about life that can sum up in one sentence.
He did not want to play for a team he doesn't like and CEO couldn't accept such behavior.

As it happens he had a choice to show the middlefinger to the modern corporate culture where a teamplayer has no right to object on other team members added by CEO. Many weren't that lucky or should I say brave? One must pay bills, so it's not really go pro or go home, it's go pro or go hobo.

True but I was talking about stuff that happened with Paradox and Obsidian.:)

joxer May 30th, 2020 12:44

Okay, it's just I don't know what was written on Codex about anything.
IMO you don't need a specific confirmation from anyone in this case though.
Paradox = everything must be DLC:The Game
Obsidian = DLC:The Game is unacceptabe

Easy logic. ;)

Winterfart May 31st, 2020 17:17

Started Elex.

I believe I can fly.

JDR13 May 31st, 2020 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterfart (Post 1061605494)
Started Elex.

I believe I can fly.

That's like saying you just discovered chocolate, but you're 8 years old.

Winterfart May 31st, 2020 19:26

Yeah, I'm just at the beginning and it's already awesome. It's good jank!

That's another game I snubbed for no reasons at the time, and exactly like for Kingmaker I feel stupid now.

crpgnut May 31st, 2020 22:49

I burned out on Elex, but I really liked the first area, Beserkers?

Kordanor May 31st, 2020 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061605514)
I burned out on Elex, but I really liked the first area, Beserkers?

Yeah, Berserkers were the first Settlemet you met, and which is also one of the three factions you can (and must) join. Personally chose the Berserkers as they seemed to be the sanest ones.

Winterfart June 1st, 2020 15:09

Well the Berserks seem to love their laws a little too much for my taste (they're kind of fanatical actually), and the Clerics are very religious (wich translate to "idiot" in my mind).
The Outlaws seem to be my kind of bunch: they like freedom and they use the most important resssource on the planet to make… Drugs!?
Sign me up, that's so stupid I have to be part of it.

But I'll probably make three playthroughs anyway to see everything.

Pongo June 1st, 2020 22:11

I'm going to fire up Dragon Age Inquisition tonight. I played it on release and quite enjoyed it, but it didn't leave much of an impression and I quit shortly after the Hinterlands. According to Origin I still managed to rack up 28hrs of gameplay, which I'm a bit surprised by. I'm going to go with a mage or rogue this time instead of a fighter, I hear it's a better experience. Probably human I guess. Hopefully I'll get sucked in this time.

duerer June 2nd, 2020 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061605368)
Paradox = everything must be DLC:The Game
Obsidian = DLC:The Game is unacceptabe

Easy logic. ;)

Hmm, I've worked with Paradox on some projects, they were quite nice guys actually.
I think the Obsidian/Paradox divorce was about that Paradox had great expectations… especially after Px hit the motherlode with Crusader Kings and Cities…
… but the numbers, oh those ugly numbers weren't lying. To my knowledge, the O/Px collaboration was a financial disappointment.

txa1265 June 2nd, 2020 15:10

Picked up Bioshock Infinite for the Nintendo Switch as I haven’t fully replayed since the game first came out … so why not?

Overall I would call it a solid port - the visuals look quite nice (about equal to what I see on my Surface Pro 7 with i5) and performance has been flawless so far (only a couple of hours). Controls are also quite solid … but serve as yet another reminder that I continue to be utter crap with a console controller! :D. Nothing new, just that I have to play on ‘Normal’ rather than ‘Hard’ that I can manage on the PC.

(As an aside, I heard mediocre reports on Bioshock 1 & 2, so I skipped those … and while the Borderlands Collection also landed, playing Borderlands 2 on the PlayStation Vita was an exercise in frustration so I decided to give them a pass).

duerer June 4th, 2020 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by txa1265 (Post 1061605591)
Picked up Bioshock Infinite for the Nintendo Switch as I haven’t fully replayed since the game first came out … so why not?

Ahhh, the infamous Infinite…
To me, it was a big letdown when it came out and played through…
I think this is the typical self-obsessed AAA art game for the sake of being "artsy" and "meaningful".
- the gameplay is tried and tested, no issues here,
- the celebrated graphics is looking good, but surprisingly feels misplaced at times,
- the highly praised story is actually very simple and has serious pacing issues.

Anyways, IMHO a pretty decent shooter game, with a surprising misdirection.

Mr Levine, may I honorarily call you as Kojima-san of the West? ;)