RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Blood Knights - 50% Off on Steam (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23293)

Couchpotato February 7th, 2014 00:18

Blood Knights - 50% Off on Steam
 
Blood Knights is the next daily deal on Steam for 50% off. Now I agree with Joxer, and I can't recommend this game. Despite what I think some of you might be interested.

Quote:

Combine your vampiric skills with the sharp edge of your blade in this medieval vampire hack‘n‘slay. Battle through hordes of monsters to restore your honor after you, a legendary and feared vampire hunter, have been turned into a vampire yourself!

Deck13 (Venetica, Jack Keane) brings you an action-packed RPG, where you can play solo or co-op: Switch between the close-combat warrior and the crossbow wielding vampiress at any time while in singleplayer; or play co-op with a friend, joining your forces to defeat the onslaught of the evil hordes. Strike down your enemies using devastating close-combat and ranged attacks or whirl your enemies around and suck their blood using your vampiric abilities.

More information.

Acleacius February 7th, 2014 00:18

They still haven't added Venetica on Steam, from the looks of things a much better game than this one.

Couchpotato February 7th, 2014 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acleacius (Post 1061239915)
They still haven't added Venetica on Steam, from the looks of things a much better game than this one.

The publisher went bankrupt so I have a feeling it will never come out on Steam.

zz February 7th, 2014 01:43

For games I'm not familiar with, I just look at the "hrs" on each of the reviews on steam. A good game will show 40+ hours for each person (the higher the better).

This game shows 9, 10, 2, 7, and 4 for the first few reviews. That is a simple rule of thumb to follow if you want to make sure you get value out of your money. Just look at the hours.


For example, Borderlands 2 is on sale (again) and the hours are 671, 95, 257, 143, 238. Now that is value, especially combined with the sales.

Capt. Huggy Face February 7th, 2014 03:44

671? Man, that guy is crazy. I got bored pretty fast with Borderlands. Of course, I don't play online.

Nyx February 7th, 2014 03:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz (Post 1061239919)
For games I'm not familiar with, I just look at the "hrs" on each of the reviews on steam. A good game will show 40+ hours for each person (the higher the better).

This game shows 9, 10, 2, 7, and 4 for the first few reviews. That is a simple rule of thumb to follow if you want to make sure you get value out of your money. Just look at the hours.


For example, Borderlands 2 is on sale (again) and the hours are 671, 95, 257, 143, 238. Now that is value, especially combined with the sales.

Don't be silly. Blood Knights is a 6 hour long game. Your "rule of thumb" is completely invalid. You can't compare a short story driven game to borderlands 2 which is a much larger game that people spend a lot of time on.
Or if you're implying that you want to play a 6 hour long game 20 times over then this isn't the game for you obviously. But for a low price it's certainly worth getting. Blood Knights is far from a great game but it's fun enough to justify getting on a good sale.

mercy February 7th, 2014 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face (Post 1061239927)
671? Man, that guy is crazy. I got bored pretty fast with Borderlands. Of course, I don't play online.

+1. Papercut "graphics" isn't really my style.

joxer February 7th, 2014 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061239916)
The publisher went bankrupt so I have a feeling it will never come out on Steam.

It won't. But is still available on GG:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-VENETICA/venetica

A great game, gamersgate sometimes won't allow you to buy it because of some region lock sillyness. It would be nice to have it also on GOG which doesn't care where you live, so please vote here:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/venetica


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch