Original Sin - Update #4, Reward Updates, Undies, SP Video and Zandalor

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The fourth Kickstarter update for Original Sin ($270K out of an asked $400K) brings us new reward updates based on the feedback they received thus making them more attractive, a story by the hand of the resident Divinity mage Zandalor, more on Zandalor's undies and a video showing the single player mode of the game.

Here are a few of the award updates:
Digital Artbook and Digital Map ($75 and up)
If you pledge $75 and up, you will receive the digital artbook and a digital version of the map along with your rewards.
Physical Artbook ($95 and up)
If you pledge $95 or up, and your reward tier contains the physical Collector's Edition Kickstarter Box with printed manual, soundtrack CD and cloth map, this box will also contain a physical artbook!
Name the undead ($125 and up)
The "Name the undead" reward, which is available from $125 onward, will no longer simply be an undead in your personal copy. We will gather names from all supporters that pledged $125 and more, and put them in one big pool. Several undead creatures in the final game (ghosts, skeletons, zombies in all their glorious variations) will pick a random name from this pool.
Design a henchman ($250 and up)
The "Design a henchman" reward, available from $250 onward, has also been upgraded to being included in the final game, and not just your personal copy. That means everybody who plays the game might encounter your henchman.
We will gather names, stats and looks from all supporters that pledged $250 and more, and put them in one big pool of Kickstarter-created henchmen. Everybody will be able to hire these henchmen via representatives of the inter-dimensional mercenaries guild. Depending on your personal preferences (Do you need a healer, a priest, a ranger, a rogue...) the agent will make a recommendation and you will then be able to hire them.
Combo designer ($500 and up)
Concerning the combo designer that starts at $500, here is a clarification. Your item combo will be available to everyone. You will come up with two items combining into one item. You define the use of that item. If we don't have any of these items, we will create them. You will be able to name the items and write its description (lore or history).
Create an item ($1000 and up)
The item you create (starting at $1000) will be a unique item (i.e. it will be a reward for exploring or a quest). There will be some constraints (balancing/type) but we are open minded. If you want a specific flower pot, we'll do that. If you want to create a unique weapon, you can. You will name it, tell us what it should look like, what its stats and special properties are, and you can give it a description (for instance a history).
One of the four statues ($2500 only)
Pledge $2500 and you will become one of the four statues of Prophecy. Yeah, yeah, but we forgot to mention: the statue in the game will be custom modeled so that the 3D model in the game actually looks like you! Oh, we forgot to mention - they are related to the genesis of the mighty Bellegar!
More information.

Even with the placeholder art, the game looks pretty. Looking forward to this one a lot.

Divine Divinity was an excellent rpg… sort of a blend of Ultima7 with Diablo style combat.
They got off track with the last two games, but this one looks great. Pledged! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to playing around with the editor as well.

OK, yesterday I post how cool it is that the FAQ says you can roleplay two characters at once. Today there's a video where he's roleplaying two characters at once. I'm being stalked, aren't I?

P.S. Divinity 2 was cool! I hope the Dragon Terror Patrol shows up in OS somehow.

I would have to give one of them an AI. Playing both would just be having a conversation with myself which would feel wierd and looked wierd in the video.

The jumping ship at the end of the video made me chuckle :D

I guess they are trying to give everyone multiple personality disorder.

who would want to have a dialog .. where there is nothing impredictable.
I am kinda upset with the fact that its a boy and girl duo .. pretty mainstream stuff .. and feminist , but receiving confirmation from yourself is the worst masturbation ever. Its so sad
Also , the game should look grittier, I feel they dropped the art design a notch from D2

All in all, i'm trying to convince every1 to put some money in this. Its funny though, one would expect the skeptics to put more money in a game they can see progress - why did wild man receive such attention?

Is that Swen Vincke who does the introduction? I got a kick out of his Guns N' Roses t-shirt. :)

I think OS is looking really good so far, but I'm not convinced that I like the level of humor in the game. I'm afraid they might be overdoing it.

I think OS is looking really good so far, but I'm not convinced that I like the level of humor in the game. I'm afraid they might be overdoing it.

+1 . different tastes I guess. They feel just like old Adam Sandler, tone down like he is writing for his kids. Are they designing for their kids? Just wondering..

Yeah that is Swen who is outside their office in his t-shirt in a temperature of about 6-7 degrees.

Will stats like 'skepticism' and 'faith' have any bearing mechanics-wise? I'd hate having to powergame my dialogue ("I want more skepticism so let's pick the skeptical line")

Will stats like 'skepticism' and 'faith' have any bearing mechanics-wise? I'd hate having to powergame my dialogue ("I want more skepticism so let's pick the skeptical line")

I think they are just part of the "personality" system the game have.

I would have to give one of them an AI. Playing both would just be having a conversation with myself which would feel wierd and looked wierd in the video.

Agree

Also , the game should look grittier, I feel they dropped the art design a notch from D2

I do tend to prefer grittier looking games in general, but OS just looks good. For so much supposedly only being placeholders, it already looks polished. It just seems to play so smooth in the videos.

Agree

I see some negatives but you know what, I don't care! I have been one of the bigger skeptics about this game (especially the co-op vs. single) but I am getting more and more excited about it. I am currently pledged at $25 but am thinking about upping to include Dragon Commander.

I don't know how anyone can not like Swen. His enthusiasm about his games is so infectious, and his honesty in discussing the industry is refreshing.

I am kinda upset with the fact that its a boy and girl duo ..
They'll allow different combos. From the kickstarter comments about 4 hours ago:

Larian Studios LLC said:
@LC: There will be. Admittedly we changed direction on this recently, but we learnt from all the feedback that we need to allow more freedom here and man/man and woman/woman are being included as we speak. We're going to be rewriting our historical statements in 1984 style and soon deny that we ever said otherwise.

How is not having a man/man and woman/woman combo duo important? Unless this is just for co-op they will need to revise the entire game, and write more dialogue just to include this.

But really I'm curious. Anyone?……

Last edited:
I doubt they need to revise the entire game. From the, admittedly small, part I played there was nothing that wouldn't have worked in a man/man or woman/woman combo. Also none of the text was gender specific.

I'll probably keep it a guy and a girl anyway. It'll make the bickering more realistic.:D

right, me 2 if I play with my gf. But not having a choice would've sucked . Like marriage

Also none of the text was gender specific.

Then it should be easier to accomplish then. Still not important to me, and have to wonder how many of the backers pushed for it.

Back
Top Bottom