Diablo 3 - Q3 Beta "Likely"

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Gamasutra reports Blizzard are aiming for Diablo III beta testing in Q3 and are "working hard" for a 2011 release:
Blizzard president Michael Morhaime is "pleased to report" the developer has begun internal testing of the upcoming dungeon crawler; external testing is targeted for the third quarter ahead of a possible late 2011 launch.

In a Gamasutra-attended conference call, Morhaime said "I am pleased to report that we began internal company-wide testing last week. The game is looking great, and we are currently targeting a Q3 launch for external beta testing."
Thanks, zohaib.
More information.

Meh, just announce a release date at Blizzcon this year, and I'll be happy!

What would be their motivation for that when SC2 reviewed and sold so well?

It's a conceit, but it could theoretically sell well AND be innovative :)

SC2 sold because of its name, and we don't know how it would have been received - had it been more than a visual upgrade of a 12 year old game.

It's a conceit, but it could theoretically sell well AND be innovative :)

SC2 sold because of its name, and we don't know how it would have been received - had it been more than a visual upgrade of a 12 year old game.

I can counter that argument with what about DA2 it tried to be innovative and look at all the negative feedback. That is why the industry mostly sticks to what sells and not what pushes innovation. When a game is nothing like its predecessor people are put off by it.

I can counter that argument with what about DA2 it tried to be innovative and look at all the negative feedback. That is why the industry mostly sticks to what sells and not what pushes innovation. When a game is nothing like its predecessor people are put off by it.

DA2 innovative?

Please tell me you're joking :)

Anyway, I don't think the bad feedback is because of changes - but because the changes sucked.

DA2 innovative?

Please tell me you're joking :)

Anyway, I don't think the bad feedback is because of changes - but because the changes sucked.

Still in the words of the developers they did try to be innovative.:p I see nothing wrong with SC2 the way it is. It's what the fanbase wanted and it was successful. See if its not broke dont fix it works well. Though I hate the forced battle.net connection. Now if they could make games faster than the 6-10 year development cycle they love then I would be happier. But thats the Online part and there obsession of making it perfectly balanced.

I think if there is any title on this earth that is going to stick to it's tried and true formula, Diablo is it.

Back
Top Bottom