The Escapist - 2012: Five Favorites

aries100

SasqWatch
The Escapist has penned an article about five favorites from 2012. Diablo 3 is one of these five favorites:
2. Diablo III
Okay, so the loot drops were completely random, and only suited your character, or any character for that matter, one in twenty times. Sure, you could use the Auction House to pick up gear that suits you, but the economy was so wonky you had to farm for days to afford even a single upgrade, assuming it was still available by the time you accrued the gold to buy it. Perhaps the character customization was a little too user-friendly, making customization largely a farce, especially in higher difficulties. I won't deny it had problems. I also won't deny that it was some of the most fun I've had all year.

More information.

"some of the most fun I've had all year"... this guy must really like clicking on things

The way the article is described here is extremely misleading as it seems to imply these are somehow the official 5 favorites as dubbed by The Escapist. That makes it sound like a group decision by vote similar to other publications' game of the year or official top "insert number here" pieces. It's not - its just one of several individual Escapist staffers' top 5 lists.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/fivefavorites2012

So far this is the 5th and most recent staffer's list to be posted and since its the only one of those to mention Diablo 3, I wouldn't call it entirely representative. Heck, more of their staff list FTL in their top 5 than that.

Back
Top Bottom