Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Indiegogo Campaign

Dhruin

SasqWatch
If you're thinking Sword of the Stars: The Pit sounds like a well-known space 4x strategy game, that's because this "light-hearted action RPG, in the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games" comes from Kerberos and is set in the SotS universe. Kerberos has a campaign at Indiegogo looking for $60k ($8.4k, 18 days to go), using the "flexible funding system":

Tired of swords and rats?
Yearning to find a rocket launcher instead of a magic wand?
Looking to find a Brawler Suit of powered battle armor, instead of platemail?
Time to dive into The Pit!
Sword of the Stars: The Pit will take you back to the best of the Rogue-style dungeon diving games, up the ante with modern action/rpg gameplay, and catapult you into the future of the SotSVerse.
(Actually, come to think of it, it's impossible to get tired of swords and rats. We'll have those too.)

Tell Me More About...THE PIT!

Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a fun, fast, light-hearted action RPG, in the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games.
We've been working on it for a few months, and the game is presently at the Alpha phase. The goal of this campaign is to push the game forward to its Beta state.

With your support, we'd like to make this game our first self-published title.

More information.

Did they ever finish repairing their disastrous release of SotS II? I bet there still are a lot of pissed-off people. Can't help a fund-raising drive. They might've done better leaving "Sword of the Stars" out of the name of this one.

Did they ever finish repairing their disastrous release of SotS II? I bet there still are a lot of pissed-off people. Can't help a fund-raising drive. They might've done better leaving "Sword of the Stars" out of the name of this one.

I played it in release year ago and it was incomplete and unplayable. I quit playing then because it was pointless.

However they released "all clear" patch week ago and I restarted playing. According to steam Ive logged 26 hours in the last week. The game has depth, its enjoyable, highly addictive and it works. I dont know how the AI stands the test of time but for now its the new king of 4x space strategy.

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2012/10/sword-of-the-stars-2-all-clear-flag-was-activated/

Eurogamer Denmark re-reviewed SOTS2 and changed their score from 5/10 to 9/10 based on the all-clear version.

Apparently there are two DLCs in works.

Currently the game is constantly in my thoughts. Have to work for now though, but Ill play it again today once my work is finished. Its addictive.

In my current game turn is 200 and I just reseached dreadnoughts and lancers (super fixed lasers that simply cut through hulls). I started to design my mega-super-dreadnaught but noticed that If i put lancers into it I dont have enough power left to run x-ray point defense systems. I could use gauss but those are not so good as point defense. Ill build one prototype with gauss pod but I focus my research on better energy sources so that I get more juice for my dreadnaught. Once I get shield developed I need even more energy.

Last edited:
The pitch leaves something to be desired.

"Tired of Diablo? Get ready for Diablo in space!"

I played it in release year ago and it was incomplete and unplayable. I quit playing then because it was pointless.

However they released "all clear" patch week ago and I restarted playing. According to steam Ive logged 26 hours in the last week. The game has depth, its enjoyable, highly addictive and it works. I dont know how the AI stands the test of time but for now its the new king of 4x space strategy.

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2012/10/sword-of-the-stars-2-all-clear-flag-was-activated/

Eurogamer Denmark re-reviewed SOTS2 and changed their score from 5/10 to 9/10 based on the all-clear version.

Apparently there are two DLCs in works.

Currently the game is constantly in my thoughts. Have to work for now though, but Ill play it again today once my work is finished. Its addictive.

In my current game turn is 200 and I just reseached dreadnoughts and lancers (super fixed lasers that simply cut through hulls). I started to design my mega-super-dreadnaught but noticed that If i put lancers into it I dont have enough power left to run x-ray point defense systems. I could use gauss but those are not so good as point defense. Ill build one prototype with gauss pod but I focus my research on better energy sources so that I get more juice for my dreadnaught. Once I get shield developed I need even more energy.

That all sounds very interesting. I may have to check out the sequel again. I wanted to buy it several times, as I enjoyed the first, but my research always scared me away. Thanks for the heads up.

Looking at pit its way too bland as indieproject. There are so many roguelikes allready. They should have been more ambitious. If this fails hopefully they learn and create a more interesting indieproject. Something like i.e Faster Than Light put into sots world would be instant hit.

Actually its good to test their projects saleability this way. They can instantly see if its hit or miss before wasting time into it.

Back
Top Bottom