Gothic 2 Gothic II Community Patch

Acleacius

SasqWatch
From looking at the readme, the 1.0a seems to be an addition of the features from Heights of Power mod to the original patch since Ironkeep studios has decided not to continue developing HOP. I have played a game with HOP and like it a lot. In my opinion it isn't as hard as the authors suggest because although the enemies are harder, your character is more powerful due to the revised LP costs and extra XP for quests. In other words, you'll be at a higher level than in the vanilla game.

Ahh, I didn't realize it was actually adding the HoP content, only thought it focused on fixes like text, bugs and some balancing issues. I better read it again, actually the updated readme only seems available in the download not the post, making it more confusing.

Thanks.

Actually, according to the readme (and yes, you have to DL to read it) the HOP parts seem to be separate in the form of an alternate balance option like in G3. I haven't tried it yet.
So, you could just run it without and get the fixes without the additions.

edit: I asked Korianous, the author, about the relationship and this is his response:
"Alternative Balancing has scaled back the enormous XP gains from HoP, and the rebalancing is done in a bit more sensible manner. It doesn't cater as much to powergaming as HoP did. The monsters have been also rebalanced more thoughtfully, instead of incredibly tough, like HoP, many will have unique strengths and weaknesses. IE, some enemies may be completely unaffected by arrows, but incredibly vulnerable to blunt weapons. You'll just have to play to see . "

Last edited:
Oh good to know I can just use the basic fixes and thanks for the info fragonard. :)

Back
Top Bottom