upcoming MMO titles...

Ammon777

Sentinel
What games are you guys watching out for?

Sorry about saying "I quit MMOs" for a few weeks! I am back!

I am looking forward to (in somewhat order of preference):

Here is my up-to-date list (updated Sept 29, 2007):

-- Darkfall Online (my baby)
-- 38-Studios MMO (confirmed to be a fantasy MMO)
-- Unleash the Fury
-- Bioware MMO (Forgotten Realms Online? or possibly Star Wars Jedi MMO?)
-- Heros Journey (very iffy, but they have a nice engine)
-- Age of Conan
-- Stargate Worlds
-- Warhammer Online
-- World of Darkness MMO
-- Immortal Destiny (similar features to Darkfall)
-- Zenimax MMO (maybe Elder Scrolls Online?)
-- Warhammer 40k MMO (eventually...)
-- Secret World (modern Earth MMO)
-- Red-5 Studios MMORPG (fantasy)

Currently playing World of Warcraft and EVE Online.

Last edited:
Playing WoW, have been for almost two years. Will not get the Addon but rather take the opportunity to play Gothic 3 and probably NWN 2 for a while until...

... until Vanguard comes out. That'll most likely be my next big MMORPG. :) Would like more info though, specifically regarding the classes. But either way it'll be a nice change from WoW's cartoon look.

Played WoW since the beta, and will play the add-on. After that, I'm done with MMOs for a while - it's just too time consuming for me these days.

I never stay at MMO's for a long time, as they usually don't hold my interest for long. I guess I must check out the Warhammer MMO though, as it seems very promising. Even though EA has got their dirty hands on the developers. We have to hope that EA wont rape Mythic (the developers of WAR) as it has so many others.

EDIT: Cleaned up the grammar.

Last edited:
I quit WoW...almost a year ago now. How time flies. Since then, I've dabbled in EVE Online, Saga of Ryzom, City of Heroes, and even tried to go back to my first MMORPG, Dark Age of Camelot (boy was that a mistake). At present i'm playing nothing at all but am eagerly anticipating Funcom's Age of Conan as one of the first real grown up MMORPGs.

I got to see gods & heroes demoed at E3 this year and it blew me away. If it can deliver what it is promising and as pretty as it looks I will be there. :D Also Lord of the Rings, well because it is LotR. :p And Conan for about the same reason. lol

I recently quit wow for the third and final time. Not really interested in the expansion or most of the community in wow :)

Currently on my watch list:
Bioware MMO
Age of Conan
Warhammer Online
Tabula Rasa
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Star Trek Online

Watching but Skeptical
Lord of the Rings Online
Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising

Won't touch with a 10 foot pole:
Vanguard
DC Comics Online (whatever its final name is I dont recall)

Wishing for:
Star Wars Galaxies 2 (with 0 input from sony thankyou :p)
Ultima Online 2
Fallout MMO

A Fallout MMO....Now that would be something S.P.E.C.I.A.L (pun intended :) )

No really, I would play it instantly. But alas, the Fallout rights are currently with Bethesda. And i'm not very attracted to the idea of a first person Fallout MMO with manual combat. I'm really not looking for a Post Nuclear Planetside.

A Fallout MMO....Now that would be something S.P.E.C.I.A.L (pun intended :) )

No really, I would play it instantly. But alas, the Fallout rights are currently with Bethesda. And i'm not very attracted to the idea of a first person Fallout MMO with manual combat. I'm really not looking for a Post Nuclear Planetside.

Very true! But I have to reserve my own ideas about bethesda's work with fallout til I actually get my hands on it. It cant be worse than tactics :p

Hmm, initially tactics also dissapointed me, but after I accepted that it was just a different kind of game (and not a succesor to Fallout 2) I enjoyed it alot. It's a little bit like Jagged Alliance, with all the tactical combat and equipping of your squad-members.

Warhammer Online - playing a Squig Herder sounds like my kind of pet class. I play both WHFRP and WHFB (busy painting me new night goblins) so unless they drop the ball I'm interested.

Age of Conan sounds intriguing and something I'm keeping tabs on.

I'll probably give WoW another spin once the crusade goes by.

Any possibility of being able to be Skaven in Warhammer Online? I'd love that.

Alas Gulshog, it's not possible to play as Skaven. At least not from the start. It would be perfect material for an expansion though.

I would love Ultima Online 2. That would be so awesome...

I have never played any MMO's apart from Savage and Diablo 2. Are all these up coming games the kind where u have to pay monthly subscribtions? Im really looking foreward to Age of Conan, but if I have to pay money to actually play the game, I probably wont get it.

Savage and Diablo arent MMOs. And yes, you have to pay money per month to play because its an online game that requires world servers, plus monthly expansions via patches, ect... However, please dont turn this thread into another "why do we have to pay monthly fees" topic. I want to know what MMORPGs people are looking forward to, i dont want to explain WHY we play them, here.

Ammon777, like u said yourself:

"I want to know what MMORPGs people are looking forward to, i dont want to explain WHY we play them, here."

I said "Im really looking foreward to Age of Conan". So really I wasnt off topic. :)

Uhh.. okey. Just so you know, Age of Conan will have a monthly fee, though. :)

Actually Age of Conan is doing something somewhat different from traditional mmo's. You see the game starts as a single player rpg. For the first 20 levels. You will have to be connected to their servers but wont be playing with the other players yet. Once you hit level 20 you have the option of continuing on into the mmo where you will then have to pay a monthly fee. But you can play the single player portion, up to level 20, as long and as many times as you want sans subscription.

Back
Top Bottom