RPGWatch Forums
Page 11 of 35 « First 9 10 11 12 13 21 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pathfinder (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48405)

wolfgrimdark September 13th, 2021 00:11

@purpleblob1 - Thanks for the feedback. Azata is also my favorite. Even though Lobo is a rough and tough character he believes firmly in individual freedoms, hates slavery with a passion (as he was once a slave), and he really sucks at following orders and rules. Azata is a perfect fit and also being a nature focused person loves the butterflies and nature themes, as well as being able to make things "green". Azata is my cannon play through.

Aeon interests me for my Dhampir - a more cool and logical monster hunter who focuses on demons and other monsters that invade our realm from another plane. Still, like you, I have a super hard time playing the lawful classes even if in real life I tend more towards law and order then chaos. Plus Azata seems to like collecting outcasts and unusual people so a Dhamphir who follows Desna (which he does) also works well. After all she even accepted a demon.


@joxer - thanks for the feedback. We have different play styles though. Based on your comments you play with an eye towards utility and function, picking what is the most effective classes and abilities. That is so not me. If I can optimize within my role playing then fine but I won't pick a mythic path based on whether its uber powerful or not. I will pick based on interest and what fits the character :) I appreciate your posts though and have picked up some good information. Like I was able to get a certain companion in chapter 2 a little earlier for example … just completed Drezen today. Trying to get Lobo to where I left him in Beta - at the end of chapter 4.

In general I don't know how many play throughs I have in me, too soon to tell. I know my Tiefling Fey Sorcerer/Rogue will be a perfect fit for Trickster. Lobo is Azata unless I change my mind at the last minute and go Mythic Legend but doubtful. Most likely it will be my Dhampir who ends up rejecting it all and going mythic legend.

I want to play the Reformed Fiend Barbarian class and go Angel at some point. Just to experience the Angle side.

That is about all I have in my head now. The only other path that I might try is Gold Dragon.

Yet things could change once I actually finish the game at least once. I can easily change my mind on these things lol.

EDIT: I adore Seelah, she will be with me in every play through. I am not a big fan of Paladins either but think she breaks the mode and hence is a truly good Paladin. Too many Paladins come off as arrogant and self-righteous. She seems like a truly good person and in my mind closer to NG then LG.

I like good people but when they put the law above good that is when I have a problem with the lawful good alignment. There needs to be some flexibility and room for mercy along with justice and law and order.

So I don't hate Paladins at all but I tend to dislike most of them but some of that is based on past experience with them in stories and games. I tend to fall more for the rugged individualists like chaotic/neutral good Rangers and Barbarians.

The definition of a monk varies from culture to culture, as does cleric. They are not all defined by a Christian religion. As Pladio pointed out the Templars are more a military order of the church as well.

JFarrell71 September 13th, 2021 00:32

I don't know how many times I can play such a large/long game, but if the mythic paths are different enough, I may at least start to play a second time. I'm definitely intrigued by several paths. I also find almost all of the companions interesting on some level, and I tend to stick with a core group in a single playthrough. So playing again but using different companions is a definite possibility.

I'm going to do Azata first. I'm a Desna worshiper and good, and it sounds interesting.

Aeon is actually the second most appealing. I really like the sound of traveling into the past.

At that point, if I get that far, I might try an evil path. Lich, maybe. Maybe transitioning into Swarm-That-Walks. I also have interest in Trickster. Angel and Demon are second to last and last, respectively. I would never do Legend.

Maylander September 13th, 2021 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer (Post 1061654360)
Another question : Very early within the game, Selah seems to be more missing than hitting enemies. Is there some way to "fix" that ? Do I have to put more points into something ? I noticed that her "athletic" is very low, so I put one or two points into that (I think I'm at level 2 with my new characters now).

Keep increasing her Strength, as Paladin is a Strength based class and gains both damage and hit chance from Strength. That means items, buffs and attribute increase every 4th level.

Also, there are a number of buffs that will help people hit more, ranging from Bard songs to Cleric buffs like Bless.

Finally, selecting a weapon type and getting Weapon Focus and similar feats will also increase her chance to hit.

PS. It is worth noting that weapon enchantment also increases chance to hit, so a +2 weapon has a greater chance to hit than a +1. This also means that spells that increase the weapon enchantment will not only lead to higher damage, but also an increase in chance to hit.

Pladio September 13th, 2021 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061654412)
I don't know how many times I can play such a large/long game, but if the mythic paths are different enough, I may at least start to play a second time. I'm definitely intrigued by several paths. I also find almost all of the companions interesting on some level, and I tend to stick with a core group in a single playthrough. So playing again but using different companions is a definite possibility.

I'm going to do Azata first. I'm a Desna worshiper and good, and it sounds interesting.

Aeon is actually the second most appealing. I really like the sound of traveling into the past.

At that point, if I get that far, I might try an evil path. Lich, maybe. Maybe transitioning into Swarm-That-Walks. I also have interest in Trickster. Angel and Demon are second to last and last, respectively. I would never do Legend.

I find the Aeon the most appealing in that regard, but I find that I can't bear lawful in these kinds of games. So I may end up with Trickster. Not certain yet as I am not sure what other Chaotic alignment Mythics there are.

I didn't play much this weekend, but will play more during the week I think.

Maylander September 13th, 2021 10:14

A tip for combat on the world map: Get Cure Wounds if you can. It's incredibly strong, and can basically make up for enemy commanders blasting your troops with spells, as you can just bringing them back, since Cure Wounds has similar strength, but costs less energy (2 instead of 4+).

purpleblob1 September 13th, 2021 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pladio (Post 1061654434)
I find the Aeon the most appealing in that regard, but I find that I can't bear lawful in these kinds of games. So I may end up with Trickster. Not certain yet as I am not sure what other Chaotic alignment Mythics there are.

I didn't play much this weekend, but will play more during the week I think.

Azata is CG, Trickster is CN, and I think Demon is CE?

Couchpotato September 13th, 2021 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 (Post 1061654437)
Azata is CG, Trickster is CN, and I think Demon is CE?

Remember the loading screen has a quote that ponders can a demon ascend. We already know you can play a Neutral good Angel and get a different ending as well.

Something to ponder on. A good aligned Demon.:thinking:

Arhu September 13th, 2021 11:38

Random tip that you guys probably knew already: you don't have to stick to either turn-based or RTwP. I was going turn-based all the time in the prologue and some brawls took suuuuuuch a long time. Now I do RTwP for easier fights and fights with lots of actors; turn-based for those I have to pay closer attention to. Best of both worlds. Just press T for instantly switching between the two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 (Post 1061654349)
When you place your mouse on each scroll, it lists everyone who has this spell in their spellbook. If no one is listed, then no one has that spell in their spellbook.

Thanks. I thought it meant "available for learning". Still, that's not very useful for learning new spells when you have 100+ different scrolls in your backpack at some point or are browsing for new spells to purchase. Even worse is if you can cast both divine and arcane spells, because they all look the same and half of the available scrolls, being divine, can't be copied to your spellbook anyway.

What I was hoping for is a visual indicator on the scroll icons, like in Baldur's Gate. Red: can't use. Green: Can learn. Normal: Can use or already known. So when you look for new spells at a scroll vendor you can quickly see which spells you haven't learned yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark (Post 1061654367)
Unrelated has anyone done much with Aeon MP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pladio (Post 1061654434)
I find the Aeon the most appealing in that regard, but I find that I can't bear lawful in these kinds of games.

I decided on Aeon the moment I finished my plan for the party setup. I'm a slow player though, so I can't actually comment on actual gameplay. My main character is true neutral rather than lawful, though. I intend to stay that way and only act lawfully when it's dictated by the Aeon path and serves the "cosmic balance". AFAIK you can stay within one step of the mythic path's alignment. Hope that holds true.

Only thing that irks me is when I have to choose a "good" option when it really is the sensible thing to do, because then I have to balance with an evil choice at some point. Woljif helped me out here: I made a sinister suggestion to him and he simply said "haha, you're kidding, right?".

Otherwise my first pick would also have been Azata, for the whole dream theme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 (Post 1061654437)
Azata is CG, Trickster is CN, and I think Demon is CE?

I pondered about mythic alignments too. Originally I thought they all adhered to one of the 9 alignments, which would have pleased my inner sense of balance, but while it may generally be true, according to the Pathfinder Online Encyclopedia it's not as clear cut as it is for Azata and Demon.

Edit: Owlcat adjusted the alignments a bit for their game.

Spoiler – Alignments as per Pathfinder Encyclopedia


In the game it's probably more along these lines:
  • Angel: LG - Compatible: LG, LN, NG, or TN
  • Gold Dragon: NG - Compatible: Any good?
  • Azata: CG - Compatible: CG, NG, CN, TN
  • Aeon: LN - Compatible: LN, LG, LE, TN
  • Trickster: CN - Compatible: CE, CN, TN, CG
  • (Spoiler): LE - Compatible: Evil?
  • Lich: NE - Compatible: NE, LE, CE
  • Swarm-that-walks: NE - Compatible: Evil?
  • Demon: CE - Compatible: CE, NE, CN, TN

So, the Trickster also covers N and CN, while evil got an extra path.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061654439)
A good aligned Demon.:thinking:

I read somewhere that you have to be within one step of the mythic path's alignment, otherwise you'll get a let's say, re-education quest. So if you pick Demon while being good, you'll have to do a quest that makes very sure that you are, in fact, chaotic evil. Just hearsay, though.

purpleblob1 September 13th, 2021 11:40

I just looked at the achievement to see which path is most popular:

Initial path: Angel > Azata > Lich > Aeon > Trickster > Demon
Later path: Gold Dragon > Legend > Swarm & 10th secret path

Quote:

Thanks. I thought it meant "available for learning". Still, that's not very useful for learning new spells when you have 100+ different scrolls in your backpack at some point or are browsing for new spells to purchase. Even worse is if you can cast both divine and arcane spells, because they all look the same and half of the available scrolls, being divine, can't be copied to your spellbook anyway.

What I was hoping for is a visual indicator on the scroll icons, like in Baldur's Gate. Red: can't use. Green: Can learn. Normal: Can use or already known. So when you look for new spells at a scroll vendor you can quickly see which spells you haven't learned yet.
@Arhu You get colour indicator too - one's you can't learn are indicated as yellow colour.

Couchpotato September 13th, 2021 11:47

If anyone is curious with my Lexicon spoiler above.

Spoiler – Not the 10th Secret Ending Apparently

purpleblob1 September 13th, 2021 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061654447)
If anyone is curious the 10th secret path is linked with my Lexicon spoiler above.

Spoiler – 10th Secret Ending

No, this is not what I'm talking about.

Spoiler

Couchpotato September 13th, 2021 12:42

My bad but the Devil Mythic path is hardly a secret to get.:P

Though this game has far to many choices and secrets you can easily miss. Basically you get locked out of content if your not paying attention or follow certain paths.

Pladio September 13th, 2021 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061654453)
My bad but the Devil Mythic path is hardly a secret to get.:P

Though this game has far to many choices and secrets you can easily miss. Basically you get locked out of content if your not paying attention or follow certain paths.

I think that's the point though.

For me the game length is too prohibitive to play through multiple times, but I think that having diverging paths is great gameplay.

It's part of the reason I enjoyed games like Gothic, Fallout and Age of Decadence.

It's part of the reason I hated Oblivion, where you could do everything.

Couchpotato September 13th, 2021 14:04

Well not everyone enjoys that type of game. It affects sales as well.:)

Don't take my word for it just search google for the articles. As for me I'm officially taking a break as I'm burned out and can't see how people can spend 100 hrs on one game.

Excuse me while I go play Assassin Creed Valhalla or maybe Odyssey again. I did try Encased for a few hours but that damn narrator voice-over bothered me to much.

vanedor September 13th, 2021 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 (Post 1061654354)
Hk and clerics are way more powerful than footmen and archer at this stage - you get to upgrade your troops in chap3 which makes army battle more fun/less tedious. Also, you don't have to defeat all enemy armies now, you can come back to them in chap3. It also seems like mage generals are more powerful than others.

It sucks that balancing is so out of whack with army battle. Some units/leaders are just straight up underwhelming and you won't know it until you spend your resources to hire them and try them out in battle.

Thanks.

I finally managed to defeat the army blocking my way to Dezen. My army is now basically just 47 Hellknight with nothing else left. I hope it won't gimp me too much for the next chapter (or I guess I will have to "skip day" a lot).

vanedor September 13th, 2021 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maylander (Post 1061654435)
A tip for combat on the world map: Get Cure Wounds if you can. It's incredibly strong, and can basically make up for enemy commanders blasting your troops with spells, as you can just bringing them back, since Cure Wounds has similar strength, but costs less energy (2 instead of 4+).

Thanks for the tip. I didn't see it so far but if it's ever proposed to my general, I will certainly take it.

Pladio September 13th, 2021 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061654461)
Well not everyone enjoys that type of game. It affects sales as well.:)

Don't take my word for it just search google for the articles. As for me I'm officially taking a break as I'm burned out and can't see how people can spend 100 hrs on one game.

Excuse me while I go play Assassin Creed Valhalla or maybe Odyssey again. I did try Encased for a few hours but that damn narrator voice-over bothered me to much.

Oh hundred percent. Can't ever please everyone :D

Pladio September 13th, 2021 16:18

1 Attachment(s)
So I have a few questions:

1. Seelah levelled up to 5 and got an Animal Companion. Why does the animal companion have the possibility of picking Scribe Scrolls of Brew Potions as its feats ?

2. The animal companion also has some feats like Mounted Combat or Indomitable Mount which Seelah has too. Am I meant to pick these types of feat on the mount itself or on Seelah ?

Edit:
3. Lann has Monk feats like shaitan Style, do these work with Archery ?

4. What feats are useful on Ember?

Maylander September 13th, 2021 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanedor (Post 1061654467)
Thanks.

I finally managed to defeat the army blocking my way to Dezen. My army is now basically just 47 Hellknight with nothing else left. I hope it won't gimp me too much for the next chapter (or I guess I will have to "skip day" a lot).

You will have to be a bit careful, and will also most likely have to spend a fair bit of gold to get the funds needed to build both a new army and important structures (such as stables and the archery building) at the same time, but you should be fine. You'll just have to forget buying fancy, magic items for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pladio (Post 1061654475)
So I have a few questions:

1. Seelah levelled up to 5 and got an Animal Companion. Why does the animal companion have the possibility of picking Scribe Scrolls of Brew Potions as its feats ?

I think it's just because they can pick up anything they're eligible to get. In fact, you should definitely give them +1 Intelligence as soon as possible, so you can give them things like Outflank, which requires 3 Intelligence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pladio (Post 1061654475)
2. The animal companion also has some feats like Mounted Combat or Indomitable Mount which Seelah has too. Am I meant to pick these types of feat on the mount itself or on Seelah ?

Those are on the rider, so the rider can help the mount if X happens and the rider has high enough mobility to intercept etc. You should only take those if you have the associated skills, or your DC will be much worse than what your mount already has, which means you have no chance of helping the mount anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pladio (Post 1061654475)
Edit:
3. Lann has Monk feats like shaitan Style, do these work with Archery ?

I don't think so. A few things do work, though, like Flurry of Blows, Ki Strike Extra Attack and Perfect Strike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pladio (Post 1061654475)
4. What feats are useful on Ember?

Evil Eye, Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration and Restless Slumber are the most important ones I think. The rest is mostly flavor. Here's a good build though:
https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder…s/builds/Ember

Couchpotato September 13th, 2021 17:09

I made it to the Abyssal city in Act 4 or 5 who the hell knows as the game doesn't tell you. Anyway man I hate it's layout, to much backtracking and moving parts.

Anyway back to my previous reply ATOM RPG: Trudograd releases today so off I go to play the first part and the expansion instead of the Assassin Creed games.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:14.
Page 11 of 35 « First 9 10 11 12 13 21 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch