RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pathfinder (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48405)

Alrik Fassbauer September 5th, 2021 16:03

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help
 
Hello,

I figured we would need a dedicated thread for helping each other with questions, so I made one.

A few game related discussions have already been over there : https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48375

Happy Playing ! :)

Alrik

Redglyph September 5th, 2021 16:35

Thanks @Alrik Fassbauer! Very good idea :)

wolfgrimdark September 5th, 2021 18:09

I am never very good with things like this as a lot of the useful stuff is already done in-game in the tutorials or tips you read. Things like setting abilities/spells to auto-trigger, tab to highlight items, etc. Or they are specific to a class build (like I have one character who is very high in stealth and trickery, with the fast stealth trait and the expeditious retreat spell … which means exploring while stealthed, or invisible, to take out traps and see what is around is very fast).

COMBAT TIP:

GREASE SPELL (and related):

The best combat tip I have picked up so far is to use grease and other crowd control spells. Granted they don't always work, and can also effect your own party, so I usually avoided them in games. However, in this game, as well as BG3, I am finding carefully placed grease spells are ultra handy to how slow down attacking enemies.

ACID/FIRE THROWING:

Not sure why but the fire potions you thrown include friendly fire but not the acid ones. Useful if you want to throw things and not worry about hurting friends.

DIALOGUE/INTERACTION:

Many classes have the guidance spell, its a cantrip, that lasts one minute. The creature gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. That one extra point is worth the small time cost to cast it, if you want to get that little extra edge on passing a skill check. I always hot key this spell to case before a skill check or dialogue.

If I think of anything else will come back.

Redglyph September 5th, 2021 18:25

Don't miss the auto-assign on the rest interface. It wasn't there in the beta, or at least not before beta 3. It's very handy! The interface keeps the configuration as long as you don't change the party composition (same as the combat formations).

The corruption get nasty very quickly, so avoid it at all cost. I'd rather assign a 2nd character at the expense of the other posts, just to increase the odds of passing the check.

Cooking is usually worth it when you're going to a new place, make sure to select the dish that corresponds to the buff you'll need (I know, it's a bit speculative).

Redglyph September 5th, 2021 18:36

Chapter 1

Those two have annoyed me in the past, so I'm giving a few hints. I'll add more later.

I need to find 5 Magic Essence items.
Spoiler

I cannot enter a room in Gwerm's Mansion!
Spoiler


Chapter 2

There's an altar down there at Lost Chapel, with something in it. What do I do?
Spoiler

JFarrell71 September 5th, 2021 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark (Post 1061653299)
The best combat tip I have picked up so far is to use grease and other crowd control spells.

Yes! Same. I generally avoid all such spells myself, especially in a RTwP game. Very useful here. A judicious use of "Pit" at a gate was incredibly useful for me in one large fight.

Redglyph September 5th, 2021 22:14

I've just used both grease and pits in the Grey Garrison where a lot of enemies had to pass through a choke point. Worked like a charm!

Of course after that you have to be cautious around those areas, grease remains quite long. There is a Skip Time command, the icon is a rotating hour glass (bottom left of the screen), you can use that to wait until the spells wear out. Very handy, I remember going for a coffee in Kingmaker when I had no solution but to wait.

JFarrell71 September 5th, 2021 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 1061653344)
I've just used both grease and pits in the Grey Garrison where a lot of enemies had to pass through a choke point. Worked like a charm!

Of course after that you have to be cautious around those areas, grease remains quite long. There is a Skip Time command, the icon is a rotating hour glass (bottom left of the screen), you can use that to wait until the spells wear out. Very handy, I remember going for a coffee in Kingmaker when I had no solution but to wait.

You don't have to wait. Just use "dismiss spell". I assume the character who cast it needs to be the one to dismiss it, but I don't know that for sure.

Alrik Fassbauer September 5th, 2021 22:43

None of my characters has Grease yet … And I'm still within the Prologue …

It was hard for me to find out how to access the items on the belt … I rather accidentally cliked on that capital B and then I found it out ! Same goes for changing weapons …

Now at least know how to use items from the belt, and spells and scrolls, too …

Spoiler


When I'm after the story line resting place (journal entry), will additional resting hurt the story line ?

Apart from that, the game reacts rather sluggish … Is this because my PC is so slow, or because the game isn't optimized yet ?

wolfgrimdark September 6th, 2021 00:02

Aye clicking around is useful!

Resting is good but it comes with the cost of corruption unless in a safe place (like a home base or friendly tavern or city) as each time you sleep corruption builds up and after a while has harsh penalties. You can slow it down by having a party member, or two, perform a ritual around the camp. You do this through the resting interface that comes up when you rest. Along with setting guards, camoflage, and cooking meals - find recipes and cooking food at camp adds some nice bonuses for the following day. You can find recipes for companions that are there favorite food as well.

You can also use camp time to make potions and scribe spells onto scrolls. Need to get an alchemy kit (they come in different levels for making better potions) and scroll kits (different levels for different spells). Only need to buy once though as they then become permanent and don't weigh anything. So make the investment and then done. You do, however, need ingredients for cooking, potions, and scrolls. You find that stuff while exploring and can also buy some.

I don't think resting will hurt the story as far as finishing a main quest. BUT resting can cause time to go by which in turn can have consequences.

Let me give a vague example:

You might get an optional quest where you have to find some people and do X so you later can have them later on in the story. If too much time goes by maybe those people won't be around anymore or maybe some of them die. I can think of a few examples in the first chapter where if you let a lot of time go by you can still do certain parts of the quest but it won't be the optimal solution/result.

It isn't really a timed quest, where it fails if you don't do it in X time. Instead life goes on so if you spend time doing other things well some things in the world will go on there own and change.

No different then if you approach a quest and solve it with option B but if you had solved it with option C there would be another outcome.

So sleep/time does have some impact in that sense. Also the corruption issue I mentioned. Beyond those two things I don't recall finding any other serious repercussions of sleeping too much in BETA which I made to chapter 5 (or whatever chapter was the end of the BETA as I got that far).

Role play wise you also may not want to sleep if you have a quest that feels urgent even if it isn't timed. But that is just for RP.

Sluggish - It can be at times and I have a beast. I found it most of that was because I was running Discord and some other apps at the same time. I found getting out of discord, FRAPS, browsers, and not ALT-TABBING really improved the smoothness of the game.

It can be demanding and I don't know your PC. You might want to consider lowering some graphic settings (read them - some indicate in the help text it can cause slow downs and to only use if your computer can handle it, like the option to improve load times). Also disable any other things running on your PC you don't need.

Now on that spoiler:

Spoiler




Might be some others I am forgetting or not thinking about - its a huge game and I also might not be aware of something simply because I only did it once, or always did it X way.

purpleblob1 September 6th, 2021 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer (Post 1061653350)
Spoiler

I play on normal difficulty and it took me a few tries - its considered a tough optional boss in prologue.

Spoiler


Quote:

Apart from that, the game reacts rather sluggish … Is this because my PC is so slow, or because the game isn't optimized yet ?
The game runs fine on my PC but I'm not sure how powerful my PC is.

Drithius September 6th, 2021 00:29

Itsa Mario Purply! :dance: It's nice to see you!

Corwin September 6th, 2021 00:31

I've been told I need to complete certain quests in chapter 1 before a major Demon attack. What's the trigger for that attack so I know when to expect it. I tend to be a SLOW completionist, plus I use TB!! :)

JFarrell71 September 6th, 2021 00:36

The first demon defense fight is awful, awful, AWFUL design. For a game ending battle it would be okay. But for a fight 2% into the game. Utterly ridiculous. I can see that Owlcat still has no idea of what a fun challenge is. There are ENTIRELY too many enemies in this STUPID battle.

I've played far too long to return the game, but I'm hot right now. I have zero desire to fight this again. I went 22 rounds into it and they were still coming in waves and waves. For all I know, I''m halfway through this STUPID, STUPID battle.

wolfgrimdark September 6th, 2021 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061653367)
The first demon defense fight is awful, awful, AWFUL design. For a game ending battle it would be okay. But for a fight 2% into the game. Utterly ridiculous. I can see that Owlcat still has no idea of what a fun challenge is. There are ENTIRELY too many enemies in this STUPID battle.

I've played far too long to return the game, but I'm hot right now. I have zero desire to fight this again. I went 22 rounds into it and they were still coming in waves and waves. For all I know, I''m halfway through this STUPID, STUPID battle.

I agree this is a very hard fight and my dogs got very upset when I first did it as I was yelling at my computer and hitting my desk and they think I was mad at them. That always calms down my temper lol.

That being said I really like this battle and think it is vital to the game and glad they have it, although I know your temper is hot and so probably don't want to read that.

I think it is important because its before your character becomes epic, a mythic player, and hence helps provide some contrast to future battles - which can also be just as hard (the gargoyles come to mind) - because at this stage you are sill a bit of a nobody who happens to show promise. You are a smaller cog working with everyone else to protect the home base. And I felt all the enemies really sent the message that this was a final stand and conveyed how dire the situation is.

I also like that it helps give the feeling of going from rock bottom to the top as you slowly move along in the game. This is that first big step, the first big fight, and hence important.

Another reason I think it is vital is it slams home the story - the city is taken over by demons, this is the last safe base, and it makes sense they would launch a major attack to take you down.

You can gain allies to help improve the odds but it is still very hard. I did it once on hard/fair difficulty with Lobo (my feral warpriest) in Beta. I wanted to know I could do it on equal standing with the enemy. It took me many tries and my best fight only got a moderate approval from Irabeth (versus a full victory).

Since I know I can do it, if I spend the time and effort, I did it this time on story telling mode and literally breezed through it. I had no desire at all to go through it again with the same character. I don't like stressing in a game.

Doing the same with Wulver, my Sacred Huntsman. In Beta he also did it on hard/fair difficulty and he got a full victory but he was a bit easier to manage than Lobo as he had his wolf and wasn't as directly in melee. When Wulver gets to it this time I will most likely lower it again.

I like knowing I can conquer something but once is really enough. There are also some fights I did in Beta I was just like, hell no and put it on easy mode :P I play to have fun and if combat is stressing me I lower the difficulty.

Now and then I do get in the mood of "I am going to WIN this no matter what" and will put in a lot of time and usually I can do it on hard. But I have to be in the right mood.

Anyhow sorry it was frustrating. My only advice is to lower the difficulty and play on RtwP mode as it will be very fast and over with.

EDIT: Combat can wear me out at times so when I get tired with combat I will simply lower the difficult. I am one of those odd players that tends to get less enjoyment out of lots of combat in games. I like it for the story, the lore, the music, the companions, everything else. I also enjoy some combat but not like others do who see it as the main focus. So when in the mood for combat I tend to play on hard and when not in the mood I put it on easy.

purpleblob1 September 6th, 2021 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corwin (Post 1061653366)
I've been told I need to complete certain quests in chapter 1 before a major Demon attack. What's the trigger for that attack so I know when to expect it. I tend to be a SLOW completionist, plus I use TB!! :)

A few things you should do before Defender's Heart battle:

Spoiler


Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061653367)
The first demon defense fight is awful, awful, AWFUL design. For a game ending battle it would be okay. But for a fight 2% into the game. Utterly ridiculous. I can see that Owlcat still has no idea of what a fun challenge is. There are ENTIRELY too many enemies in this STUPID battle.

I've played far too long to return the game, but I'm hot right now. I have zero desire to fight this again. I went 22 rounds into it and they were still coming in waves and waves. For all I know, I''m halfway through this STUPID, STUPID battle.

I disagree - I thought it was a fun combat, at least in RTwP.

Spoiler

JFarrell71 September 6th, 2021 02:07

I tried it again. 42 turns this time and no sign that there's an end to the enemies. Am I missing something here? Please tell me that I am and that it's not just a matter of beating X number of enemies (with X apparently equalling 666 because FUCK). If there's no trick to this I'm going to quit. It's not fun. It goes on fucking forever. The only thing I can imagine doing at this point is setting everything to super easy.

Btw. I supposedly got the assistance of the Thieflings when I helped one out from under some rubble and mentioned Irabeth's name but that seemed to make zero difference in the fight. I got no help from anyone. The invisible dwarf guy showed up but all he did was take out a few plot demons, no actual combatants.

wolfgrimdark September 6th, 2021 03:03

I don't know if they help out much in this fight (more for a later battle) but:

Spoiler


What do you have enemy set at for in difficulty? Sounds like you might have the extra/enhanced which adds more. I only play on standard. Adding in more enemies to me isn't a fairness issue so I always leave that at standard. Unlike say damage - which you can set so player does more and enemy does less. I only use that if I want to breeze through a fight.

I just did the battle last night but don't hold me to my faulty memory - oh and only masochists would do this battle in TB mode IMO :P I always do it RtwP.

Here is what I can think of that may help or outline:

Spoiler


Get as much gold as you can. I usually make about 12K in gold by battle time which I use for potions and scrolls and a decent weapon and armor.

That is all I can think of at the moment.

wolfgrimdark September 6th, 2021 03:13

Some more tips:

Haste spell is your friend. I max out on that whenever I can in scrolls and magic. Super useful and IMO one of the strongest spells. I was using it even in the very high levels.

ANIMAL COMPANION TIPS:

These are things I totally missed initially and I think many players may not be aware of ???

- Animal companions can drink potions IF you put them in their belt slots. So they can heal themselves that way

- Animal companions can wear bracers, so boost their AC with bracers of armor (if not conflicting with barding)

- If you want to play a Dhampir or other negative energy character you can have an undead-touched animal follower that also heals by negative energy.

JFarrell71 September 6th, 2021 04:01

Thanks for all the help Wolf. I just beat it. I didn't end up lowering the difficulty (mine is set to slightly easier than core). It seemed like they were endless so I decided they probably are, and focused on killing the arsonists faster. It still took a long time…40 turns… but only one of my characters was down this time. I didn't want to give up, nor did I like the idea of making it a cakewalk, so I decided to try once more. Whew.

wolfgrimdark September 6th, 2021 04:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061653377)
Thanks for all the help Wolf. I just beat it. I didn't end up lowering the difficulty (mine is set to slightly easier than core). It seemed like they were endless so I decided they probably are, and focused on killing the arsonists faster. It still took a long time…40 turns… but only one of my characters was down this time. I didn't want to give up, nor did I like the idea of making it a cakewalk, so I decided to try once more. Whew.

Oh nice, well if anything I typed helped in anyway then happy it did :-)

They could be endless - I am not sure as I always shifted my focus when the stage advanced to the next point … although I think the previous area slows down a bit (the waves) once the focus moves to a new area. Could just be it is more a survival like battle where you simply have to hold out long enough to get through each of the main stages.

Redglyph September 6th, 2021 09:20

For the Defender's Heart battle, don't hesitate to rely on the other soldiers, let the enemy come to them to get some relief. Try different positions for your party and avoid to be on the most frequented paths of the enemies.

Get Daeran if you can, unless you have a good cleric. He's very helpful to keep the party alive by channeling positive energy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 (Post 1061653370)
A few things you should do before Defender's Heart battle:

Spoiler

Redglyph September 6th, 2021 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corwin (Post 1061653366)
I've been told I need to complete certain quests in chapter 1 before a major Demon attack. What's the trigger for that attack so I know when to expect it. I tend to be a SLOW completionist, plus I use TB!! :)

To add to what Purple said, the trigger to the end of chapter 1 is very clear, and you are asked confirmation before going there:
Spoiler


All quests with a red hourglass must be completed before the end of the current chapter, otherwise they'll fail (their phrasing on the UI is a bit confusing).

Redglyph September 6th, 2021 09:42

I can't seem able to edit my posts anymore, server gives me a 403. So in addition to the DH above:

Battles at the Defender's Heart and the final of chapter 1 were easier for me in RTwP, because I could overwhelm the enemy. I could finish one wave before the next arrived to join.

And for the final battle:
Spoiler

Pladio September 6th, 2021 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061653371)
I tried it again. 42 turns this time and no sign that there's an end to the enemies. Am I missing something here? Please tell me that I am and that it's not just a matter of beating X number of enemies (with X apparently equalling 666 because FUCK). If there's no trick to this I'm going to quit. It's not fun. It goes on fucking forever. The only thing I can imagine doing at this point is setting everything to super easy.

Btw. I supposedly got the assistance of the Thieflings when I helped one out from under some rubble and mentioned Irabeth's name but that seemed to make zero difference in the fight. I got no help from anyone. The invisible dwarf guy showed up but all he did was take out a few plot demons, no actual combatants.

I remember the battle taking long, but it certainly isn't infinite.

Also, the thieflings you helped is not for this battle.

wolfgrimdark September 6th, 2021 13:22

@Redglyph - I have been getting that error a lot. I found going into advanced mode helped once or twice but not always.

I covered most of what was said in my earlier posts but that bit about completing all quests first … is a little off. There is one with a priest and visiting them later … you can't complete that until afterwards when the full map opens up so don't worry about that one. I only mention it as it has a red hour glass, maybe a bug, as other quests you get that have to be finished later were correctly tagged.

Also the garrison (end) battle is clear but the battle to defend home base (tavern) isn't. That seems to be more random and the game tells you that at any time you could be called in to protect the place.

I have done the first chapter many times and sometimes it was after I had done a ton of things and other times was much sooner. You get to pick when to do the final battle for the chapter but not the time to protect home base. Those are two different battles. Only the final one for the chapter closes out the chapter.

People seemed to be mixing up the two.

joxer September 6th, 2021 13:35

Some "reviewing" went in this thread instead of elsewhere.
Guys please tips and hints only.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer (Post 1061653350)
Spoiler

When I'm after the story line resting place (journal entry), will additional resting hurt the story line ?
Apart from that, the game reacts rather sluggish … Is this because my PC is so slow, or because the game isn't optimized yet ?

- For the spoiler, explore everything before returning to it. There is a colors puzzle to provide something very useful not just there but in the long run too, the problem is you need to brute force it (hint: one color is a dud, another wants double).
- You hurt nothing by resting except the party efficiency. Don't worry, you will be able to "reset" it in the chapter finale.
- The game was made in Unity. As such expect low optimization levels, you need a beast of a PC to not see any problem. I don't think lowering graphics will help much, loading times from SSD are oddly slow for a game that looks like this and the game does microfreeze sometimes on dialogue choices, how's that even possible don't ask me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark (Post 1061653369)
when I first did it as I was yelling at my computer and hitting my desk… That always calms down my temper lol.

I play to have fun and if combat is stressing me I lower the difficulty…
Anyhow sorry it was frustrating. My only advice is to lower the difficulty and play on RtwP mode as it will be very fast and over with.

I can understand yelling, but furniture destruction… Try not to. ;)
That is the best hint in this thread. The game is not fun but annoying? et it to be fun, that's why all those options exist.
Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 (Post 1061653370)
A few things you should do before Defender's Heart battle:

Spoiler

Those hints are for alpha and beta probably.
In the release game you can do the base defense automatic sidequest after you do everything else - all you need is not to return to your chambers (room) before you clear the whole map.
I did not clear the market place before clearing all areas in the outer ring and nothing got problematic. But then again, we all play sides before proceeding mains, right? ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark (Post 1061653373)
I don't know if they help out much in this fight

Get as much gold as you can. I usually make about 12K in gold by battle time which I use for potions and scrolls and a decent weapon and armor.

The fight is base defense? Or another?
Here is my hint and not only for this battle but for others too.
The game has a loading tip to care about spellbooks before resting.
Here's a hint related to that: animals, elementals and other creatures on your side are your friends - especially against an enemy that lowers opponents' level. Use them.

About gold make sure you have 7.5K of it at your disposal. You will need that amount of gold in the next chapter and yes you actually can gather enough of it, but try not to buy every shiny trinket that will become obsolete in the next chapter.
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark (Post 1061653374)
Haste spell is your friend.

ANIMAL COMPANION TIPS:

I absolutely agree on the first tip, make sure your mages copy it in the book!

On the second point, and although the game will write it eventually, make sure your animal companion has INT 3. Don't worry if you started with INT2, you will have a chance at certain level to "fix" it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 1061653309)
Chapter 2

There's an altar down there at Lost Chapel, with something in it. What do I do?
Spoiler

That is most probably beta info and does not work like that in the release version.
You do put all three items on (in) the altar, but their order is irrelevant. When you put them, three buttons appear (hands) and you need to play a song, hint: MRLM.
After the cutscene check the altar again, a fourt nifty item will appear in (on) it.

I have another hint.
You will, assuming you turn every stone, find a traitor BEFORE the chapter 2 final fight.
If you want a certain party memeber early, DO NOT tell the traitor you know because you will not get an infiltration option then necessary to get the certain party member earliest possible.

Redglyph September 6th, 2021 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061653410)
- For the spoiler, explore everything before returning to it. There is a colors puzzle to provide something very useful not just there but in the long run too, the problem is you need to brute force it (hint: one color is a dud, another wants double).

For the colour puzzle in the maze (prologue):
Spoiler


Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061653410)
That is most probably beta info and does not work like that in the release version.

Good to know, thanks! Yes, it's been like until very recently. I'll edit my tip.

Performances. @Alrik Fassbauer

Yeah, Unity… I had 50% GPU in the main menu, doing nothing at all.
- It helps to play with the graphics options, but first,
- make sure that you cap the framerate to 60, or whatever you like: (in spoiler to keep it tight)
Spoiler


Loading times are a bit slow, there's nothing for it. Opening the Load/Save also takes more and more time as the number of saves increases:
- don't hesitate to delete them (from the game or directly with the Explorer)
- set the number of max quicksaves and max autosaves to a lower value

Redglyph September 6th, 2021 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061653410)
Those hints are for alpha and beta probably.
In the release game you can do the base defense automatic sidequest after you do everything else - all you need is not to return to your chambers (room) before you clear the whole map.
I did not clear the market place before clearing all areas in the outer ring and nothing got problematic. But then again, we all play sides before proceeding mains, right? ;)

Hm, that's weird. In the release version, it was the same as before for me. There's an encounter while I'm moving on the world map, and it's a soldier forcing me to come back to help with the battle of the Defender's Heart. There was simply not avoiding it.

I did return to the DH between quests, but the trigger seems related to time. Or the number of rests plus something else.

So the order of what you do before is important or you may not have enough support.

This DH defense is not a sidequest, it's a key event in the main quest, and it will affect some of the main quest lines depending on when you do them, before or after this event.

Redglyph September 6th, 2021 16:57

Tips from WolfheartFPS :)


It seems obvious once we know them, but they're very good tips!

#10 is dedicated to @JFarrell71, who didn't give up in face of an ugly combat ;) Yep, I had to redo it a few times and I still hate this one…

joxer September 6th, 2021 18:39

Okay I'm now at the end of the chapter where you pick a mythical path (Banner on the Citadel, Drezen).
The problem? I have 5 options to choose from Angel, Azata, Demon, Lich, Trickster.
Not a single one is something I want.
I want a paladin destroyer and none seem like that except the dragon companion choice, but I already have a jaguar companion, will dragon eat it and can I fly the dragon?

[EDITed 3x]
No the dragon does not eat the jaguar, instead of one you get two companions. Nice.
Which leaves me either Azata (dragon companion) or Lich (undead knight)…

Went with dragon and not undead knight option.
I want a tank and if I use area healing it is possible, dunno, that pallies/clerics hurt my undead knight - the game says nothing about that and I have no time to test it. :(

Also the pet dragon…
Spoiler


I did my choice, but please do add some hints on the mythical "class" options.
[/EDIT]

Any hint? Which one kills paladins in one move because the (role)player is sick of paladins in every single game?
Oh, and this path must be only a paladin hater, loving everyone else, regardless of alignements. ;)

A hint for chapter 2 finale - do not touch the first banner you see!
Save it for later. And you'll thank me later… ;)

Redglyph September 6th, 2021 22:36

A video on Drezen that exposes a few interesting strategies.

Beware! It contains spoilers, so don't watch it unless you've already done Drezen, and maybe even a few times. Or if you've been disappointed by your choice and want to know more, or else.



IMO too that was a great moment of the game :)

wolfgrimdark September 6th, 2021 22:50

Lots of great moments in this game. So many parts that gave me chills and had me glued to the screen totally soaking up the story and events. I will watch that later even though I have done Drezen three times. I like always finding something new on my own ;)

purpleblob1 September 6th, 2021 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061653431)
Okay I'm now at the end of the chapter where you pick a mythical path (Banner on the Citadel, Drezen).
The problem? I have 5 options to choose from Angel, Azata, Demon, Lich, Trickster.
Not a single one is something I want.
I want a paladin destroyer and none seem like that except the dragon companion choice, but I already have a jaguar companion, will dragon eat it and can I fly the dragon?

[EDITed 3x]
No the dragon does not eat the jaguar, instead of one you get two companions. Nice.
Which leaves me either Azata (dragon companion) or Lich (undead knight)…
…
Went with dragon and not undead knight option.
I want a tank and if I use area healing it is possible, dunno, that pallies/clerics hurt my undead knight - the game says nothing about that and I have no time to test it. :(
…
Also the pet dragon…
Spoiler


I did my choice, but please do add some hints on the mythical "class" options.
[/EDIT]

Any hint? Which one kills paladins in one move because the (role)player is sick of paladins in every single game?
Oh, and this path must be only a paladin hater, loving everyone else, regardless of alignements. ;)

A hint for chapter 2 finale - do not touch the first banner you see!
Save it for later. And you'll thank me later… ;)

Gold dragon is one of the late mythic path - I talked about this in my WotR preview. For now, you can only choose 1 of 6 initial mythic (angel, azata, trickster, aeon, lich and demon) providing you met pre-requisites to unlock those path - angel & demon are unlocked by default tho.

I see you went with Azata - my fav path ;)

Btw, this is very far from "paladin killing" path. Azata is like friendship is magical path.

Closest to paladin killig path for initial 6 are demon and lich. Later on, you can switch to swarm or a secret 10th path if you want to stay evil paladin killing character.

Spoiler

JFarrell71 September 7th, 2021 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 (Post 1061653370)
I disagree - I thought it was a fun combat, at least in RTwP.

I don't know why, but I didn't (couldn't?) see your post earlier when I wrote my two follow-up posts. I wish I had because you may have saved me some aggravation with your "focus on the arsonists" advice. I may have made it more painful for myself by doing it in turn based mode.

Couchpotato September 7th, 2021 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061653484)
I don't know why, but I didn't (couldn't?) see your post earlier when I wrote my two follow-up posts. I wish I had because you may have saved me some aggravation with your "focus on the arsonists" advice. I may have made it more painful for myself by doing it in turn based mode.

New members need their first few posts approved by a moderator.

Anyways welcome back @purpleblob1 :glomp:

As for me I'm thinking of going for the Aeon mystic path as it fits my war-priest.

joxer September 7th, 2021 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 (Post 1061653463)
… if you want to stay evil paladin killing character.

Thanks!
But I don't take smashing annoying bugs as something evil.
Quite the opposite. If developers won't stop the paladins everywhere travesty, I will do it in my game. If possible. I mean, an additional crusade won't hurt, right? ;)

purpleblob1 September 7th, 2021 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061653484)
I don't know why, but I didn't (couldn't?) see your post earlier when I wrote my two follow-up posts. I wish I had because you may have saved me some aggravation with your "focus on the arsonists" advice. I may have made it more painful for myself by doing it in turn based mode.

As Couch said, I posted it earlier but needed moderator approval for others to see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061653485)
New members need their first few posts approved by a moderator.

Anyways welcome back @purpleblob1 :glomp:

As for me I'm thinking of going for the Aeon mystic path as it fits my war-priest.

I'm also playing warpriest in this run but going angel mythic.

wolfgrimdark September 7th, 2021 01:20

Also Warpriest (feral) but going Azatic.

I made a Dhampir Sacred Huntsman with an undead touched wolf for something different, they will go Legendary.

Wulver will be my Sylvan (Fey) Sorcerer and go Trickster.

Anyhow thats the plan for now. Focused on my canon character first though, Lobo - Feral Champion of Fenrir (Gozreh).

Pladio September 7th, 2021 01:25

Welcome back @purpleblob1


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:33.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch