RPGWatch Forums
Page 20 of 58 « First 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pathfinder: Kingmaker (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40946)

purpleblob November 12th, 2018 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maylander (Post 1061539908)
I'm guessing it's worse than a certain tomb then (with all the ghosts etc)? I found that one quite frustrating at times.

I didn't mind that tomb at all. This final dungeon is a lot worse.

Spoiler


So disappointing because I was enjoying hell out of this game up until this point. It's almost like Owlcats have given up trying right at the end. Why?! :(

purpleblob November 13th, 2018 08:28

I'm pleased to say, once that castle shenenigan is over, the game goes back to excellent state again. I'm in chapter 7. At least the twist in chapter 6 was great.

Maylander November 13th, 2018 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob (Post 1061540018)
I didn't mind that tomb at all. This final dungeon is a lot worse.

Spoiler


So disappointing because I was enjoying hell out of this game up until this point. It's almost like Owlcats have given up trying right at the end. Why?! :(

Ouch. I suspect I'm close to that point, and I'm only level 15,5 or so. We'll see how that turns out..

Edit: Also, the XP amounts in question are so massive now that a skipped quest or what not will not matter at all. I'm not sure how XP is split, but if it's done similar to Baldur's Gate, it's possible to be higher with a smaller party. I've had a full party the whole time though.

purpleblob November 13th, 2018 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maylander (Post 1061540179)
Ouch. I suspect I'm close to that point, and I'm only level 15,5 or so. We'll see how that turns out..

Edit: Also, the XP amounts in question are so massive now that a skipped quest or what not will not matter at all. I'm not sure how XP is split, but if it's done similar to Baldur's Gate, it's possible to be higher with a smaller party. I've had a full party the whole time though.

I reached there as level 15.5 as well, and leveled while I was in there. I'm around level 16.5 now, but I didn't clear the whole dungeon nor finished side quests because dealing any more of that area will drive me insane.

purpleblob November 14th, 2018 06:33

Aaannnnnnd I finished the game! :)

I had to do it in story mode lol. That last chapter is absolutely insane. Unfortunately, shares similar problem with chapter 6 final dungeon, minus the puzzle.

I think the main problem is I'm under-leveled, don't think this end game fight is designed for level 16. Once I lowered the difficulty to story-mode, it was pretty easy, except the very last boss fight. On normal, even the "trash mobs" were absolutely insane.

I'm hoping Owlcats will implement more quests via DLCs.

Anyway, the ending was SO WORTH IT. You get to see ending of so many people you have encountered, remembering all your choices along the way. I LOVE IT. Absolutely worth it :D

Archangel November 14th, 2018 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob (Post 1061540428)
Aaannnnnnd I finished the game! :)

I had to do it in story mode lol. That last chapter is absolutely insane. Unfortunately, shares similar problem with chapter 6 final dungeon, minus the puzzle.

I think the main problem is I'm under-leveled, don't think this end game fight is designed for level 16. Once I lowered the difficulty to story-mode, it was pretty easy, except the very last boss fight. On normal, even the "trash mobs" were absolutely insane.

I'm hoping Owlcats will implement more quests via DLCs.

Anyway, the ending was SO WORTH IT. You get to see ending of so many people you have encountered, remembering all your choices along the way. I LOVE IT. Absolutely worth it :D

I read that in Pitax and some other places there are some really high DC (40+) skill checks that if you pass you get a shit load of XP.

Morrandir November 14th, 2018 14:23

Yep, there are some Persuasion checks getting you 40-60k.

Carnifex November 14th, 2018 16:11

Honestly, I'm praying for no additional content, so I can get back to playing this gem soon. More content would just make me park the game even longer than I already have!

Those persuasion checks you're speaking of….does one person need that high of value, or will a few combined do the trick?

Archangel November 14th, 2018 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnifex (Post 1061540554)
Honestly, I'm praying for no additional content, so I can get back to playing this gem soon. More content would just make me park the game even longer than I already have!

Those persuasion checks you're speaking of….does one person need that high of value, or will a few combined do the trick?

One person. It is a good idea to specialize few character into some of the skills that are very good. Have one take Skill Focus Perception, and one take Skill Focus Persuasion.
Also I think it is useful to have very high Athletics here and there. Trickery is also kind of useful if you don't want to savescum opening chests all the time as you only get one chance. Then you need to wait until your Trickery person levels up before you can attempt same chest again.

Carnifex November 14th, 2018 18:05

Yeah I've got the rogue talents well in hand, I always make sure I'm prepared to thief my way across the world. I've got one bloke with around thirty perception, and another in the lower twenties, so I guess I can let that redundancy go. Persuasion is another I'll need to work on, thanks for the tips!

TheRealFluent November 14th, 2018 18:33

Perception is not redundant. I believe there is a check that may not pass from one character but another may spot it. It's similar to Trickery in that you get one roll so you'll often see other characters with Perception spot things, too.

Persuasion is good for Demoralize, especially if you get Intimidating Prowess with a high Strength character. Sometimes multiple skills get checked so it's good to have a balance. You may encounter an event that checks Mobility, Nature Lore and Perception all at once, and you have to select one character. I really like that they added those types of skill checks.

Morrandir November 14th, 2018 20:42

A general rule for party-based RPGs is that every (important) skill/attribute should be maxed out by at least one character.

purpleblob November 14th, 2018 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel (Post 1061540489)
I read that in Pitax and some other places there are some really high DC (40+) skill checks that if you pass you get a shit load of XP.

Yep, I failed that check. There was no way I was going to make it. I tried like 20time then gave up.

Maylander November 14th, 2018 22:17

I just got an event (opportunity) called "Secret Cache in the Northeast Regions" as a result of a scouting event in that region, but no indication where it is. That pretty much defeats the purpose of the scouting, doesn't it?

"Hey boss, you missed a treasure up there."
"Where?"
"Can't remember. Looked pretty awesome though. Good luck, boss."

Anyone seen that event? Maybe it's just a general event to indicate that it's not 100% cleared? It went away after a little while without me doing anything, so I'm a bit baffled by this whole thing.

Archangel November 14th, 2018 22:49

But, but.. then it would not be a secret, boss :D

Maylander November 14th, 2018 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel (Post 1061540729)
But, but.. then it would not be a secret, boss :D

Hehe yes, indeed! Truth be told, I think it was just a delayed event based on the scouting project. Would have been rather annoying if I missed the Ultimate Sword of Badassery though.

purpleblob November 14th, 2018 23:08

I think the same thing happened to me and I stopped scouting all together. I think scouting reveals some areas you fail to make the perception check, It did add one extra area in my map but that wasn't related to the secret cache.

Cacheperl November 15th, 2018 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maylander (Post 1061540715)
I just got an event (opportunity) called "Secret Cache in the Northeast Regions" as a result of a scouting event in that region, but no indication where it is. That pretty much defeats the purpose of the scouting, doesn't it?

Maybe this is similar to the "new merchants arrived at the capital event", in the sense that it only adds some economy points one day after the event? (Or some other kingdom bonus)

purpleblob November 15th, 2018 00:54

BTW, in case anyone is interested, here are my ending slides:

https://imgur.com/a/OcfEEe1

TheRealFluent November 16th, 2018 02:28

Another tip: The Intimidating Prowess feat also applies to persuasion checks in dialogue for Intimidating. If you have high Strength (in my case +4) it adds that additional +4 to the persuasion check. I very rarely fail any persuasion checks now because of that feat + my skill being high. :) You can also use the Demoralize Person basic ability in combat but I've yet to do that, since Valerie+Amiri+Nok-Nok just steamroll humanoid enemies anyway. :D


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:31.
Page 20 of 58 « First 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch