Shroud of the Avatar - Multiplayer Q&A Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
I got fed up of their houses updates so sent the following post on their forum, and, in all fairness, DarkStarr had the reply that follows - to me they are catering for the minority that like houses and trinklets that seem to maintain funding.

My post:
"I might have missed updates, but I backed this project as it promised to deliver a single player, offline rpg over ~ 40 hour campaign.

Are there any updates on this promise? All I can see are houses, pets and trinklets to buy and a client to download."

Reply:
SpoonFULL,

The serial chapters of the novel are the fiction leading up to that campaign. Plus we have provided many updates about game systems like combat and crafting that are fundamental to the game, whether single player or multiplayer.

Much of the other content you are seeing are the assets being built to satisfy the rewards we promised backers so things you feel are not important like houses and pets are extremely important to those who pledged to get those specific rewards.

Also please understand that we are still in a mode of active fundraising so each update will have something that is part of that fundraising effort.

-Darkstarr

Yeah, I’m only interested in the promised single player campaign as well… but it seems to be headed in the wrong direction. I'll bet the funding runs out before they complete the SP, so it'll overlap the MMO campaign, and we'll end up needing help from other players to finish the game. On the bright side, we can always hang out with rich Avatars in their palatial estates and yelp, “Feed Me!” and “Oh my aching back!”

That is what I am fearing, claiming that funding is running out and only an mmo is feasible, with the promise that the single player component will be developed later.

Either that or the opposite, they are using the monies from the houses and pets to fund the single player but keeping it under wraps.

I think it is the former, but I hope that I am wrong as I don't want my money to go to an mmo.

Back
Top Bottom