South Park - Released & Review Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
South Park: The Stick of Truth has been quietly released on Steam. I do have a launch trailer, and a bunch or reviews though. So here is the new launch trailer from Ubisoft.

Now onto the reviews I will just be listing the sites, and the scores given to each one. Looking at the reviews it seems most sites scored the game favorably.

1. IGN - 9/10
2. The Escapist - 4/5
3. Strategy Informer - 9/10
4. Venture Beat - 95/100
5. Gamereactor - 8/10
6. Hardcore Gamer - 4/5
7. IncGamers - 8/10
8. Dual Shockers - 6.5/10
9. Dealspwn - 8/10
10. Entertainment Buddha - 8.5/10
11. Connected Digital World - 9/10
12. Eurogamer - 8/10
13. The Koalition - 90/100
14. GameSpot - 7/10
15. Rock, Paper, Shotgun - No Score
16. PC Gamer -90/100
17. Joystiq - 3.5/5
18. Edge -8/10
19. Polygon - 8/5/10
20. VG 24/7 - No Score
21. CVG - 9/10
22. Giantbomb -5/5
More information.

Last edited:
Once again thanks for the ones I missed jhwisner.:handshake:

Nice to see the overall positive reviews. :)

I am buying this for the SP fans in the family (doubt I'll be playing it myself though, but who knows ;) ).

Just so you know:
South Park The Stick of Truth Release Schedule
NCSA (America) : Now Available
LATAM (South America) : Now Available
EMEA (Europe): March 6, 2014 (except)
Australia & New Zealand: March 6, 2014
UK: March 7, 2014
Asia : March 6, 2014
Africa : March 6, 2014
Russia : March 6, 2014

1. version 1:
• Countries: Germany + Austria
• Available language : German

2. version 2:
• Countries: Australia + Singapore + Hong Kong + Taiwan
• Available languages: English

3. Rest of the World version(ROW): a 100% uncut master
• Countries: Rest of the World except for countries listed above.

only these countries are effected by the censored version.
Germany + Austria + Australia + Singapore + Hong Kong + Taiwan
It's only still unclear if New Zealand gets a censored version.

Thanks Joxer. I live in the US so it's released, and I'm playing it right now.:w00t:

As for that list it proves once again different release dates by region is an outdated idea, and that censorship is still rampant. It will never change though.

Digital releases would change everything they said. Yeah right.:roll:

So I really hope Obsidian didn't have a bonus tied to getting a metacritic score of 85 on this game like they did with New Vegas. Otherwise I imagine having it hovering at an 84 as of now might be a frustrating thing.

Shockingly good reviews! I expected this to be a niche game that would get massacred by most gaming sites. It seems there are more South Park fans out there than I thought.

I'll be playing it on Friday, and based on the reviews it should be a good experience.

I'm glad Obsidian seems to have a hit on their hands. Personally, I'm already getting a bit bored with it. :p Good fan service, as they say, though.

I can't imagine wanting to play a game based on S. Park….but each to their own. Hope its makes lots of money for Obsidian!

Same here. It may very well be a good game, but the setting just doesn't appeal to me. Not as a game. I like the TV series.

pibbur who also didn't play Risen 2, because he doesn't like pirates. And who, like booboo, hopes that the game will be a success for O. And who wonders if he should have posted this in Things you don't need…

800 posts. yay!

Stupid me thought I had put it in pre-load in my main computer. Looks like I did in my travel laptop instead. Loading the full game now *sigh* was hoping to check it out before going to work.

Just read the RPS review which is rather critical. But this one isn't for me anyway. but I guess I am happy with anything that keeps Obsidian afloat, while they still produce the occasional flawed RPG gem.

well had time to play through the tutorial and so far I'm LOVING it.

I can't imagine wanting to play a game based on S. Park….but each to their own. Hope its makes lots of money for Obsidian!
Same here, never interested me seeing the show also, doesn't look my type of humor, then this one will be the only Obsidian game I will not buy

For those who played how accurate is the RPS review (which I found to be quite negative 'cept that he enjoyed the game - the major issues being very poor balance and a few bugs; and unable to remap keyboard bindings).

Eh, I like south park but this doesn't look like much of a game. 10ish hours of content, low/no challenge, no real depth. $60 for an interactive extended south park episode, basically. If there really isn't much to the game one could simply just watch some south park instead.

I'll wait for a sale.

Back
Top Bottom