Witcher Spoilers

The Witcher

Acleacius

SasqWatch
This Witcher has so many choices, maybe we could clear up any questions or find solutions.
We could put the Subject written in the open thread for the search engine and with the actual question answer in Spoiler Tags.

I was interested in asking a couple of things in the Outskirts, which confused or I didn't understand, maybe due to cut dialog.

First is Odro's dog.
"Is there a way to find out what he was hiding? I expected to be able to offer him food and I also looked in his doghouse"

Second the Voodoo doll?
"What is the significance of the Voodoo doll? In the English translation I only got the information "the doll looked like Odro" when I sided with Agatha and the only info before that dialog was inspecting the doll in the house."

Thanks. :)

Edit
My Spoiler tags and information disappeared with I submitted the post.

Edit
Got them working.

Last edited:
No idea about Odo's dog.

But the voodoo doll:
It suggests there is some truth to what Odo said in his defense, that Abigail used magic to control Odo to kill his brother. I think it's there to let you know that siding with Abigail isn't necessarily "good" either, she probably had a lot to do with the appearance of the Beast.

I like the idea - that will keep things safe for all!

Odo's dog:
This is a clue to a certain evil deed that Odo has done. AFAIK You don't need to do anything regarding it, as it will come out later at the final Outskirts battle. It's just there to give the impression that something's not right about Mr. Odo, and how he got his wealth. (i.e., what really happened to his brother.)

Voodoo doll
I can see how it could be a plot device to help balance out suspicions but I really don't see how she could have had anything to do with it, it was killing innocents and the only thing we know for sure is (well at least in my version from choices) she was willing to cause a some suffering but no evidence she killed, i.e. the man in front of her shack.

Dog
The only thing I got was he most likely killed his brother while he slept, though I don;t know how to tie the dog to it. So a red herring for the moment? :)

Outskirt Peasents
How about after siding with Agatha and killing the Hound and small crowd of mob, I saw death peasants all along the road and Shawni even made a remark about it to Geralt as we headed to the city. Anyone know how they died? Did the Reverend and mob kill them because they didn't support the mob?

This is sort of strange not knowing if, things happened because of choices we made or if we didn't get the correct dialog, which was cut.

Voodoo doll:
Odo accuses Abigail of using the voodoo doll to force him to kill his brother--I thought he was lying. I think the voodoo doll was for the man on her steps who was racked with pain, as that is how voodoo dolls are usually used, not for mind control, thus making her innocent of Odo's accusation, and only guilty of using the v.doll for self defense. But then I always side with my fellow hedgewitches. ;)
Odo's dog:
The dog is barking at the grave of Odo's brother--who instead of dying gloriously in battle as Odo asserts, was instead buried here--after being murdered so Odo could inherit his cash. Just a substantiation of the murder idea, I think.
Peasants:
I got a mob of peasants led by the Rev. that I had to fight after defending Abigail--I don't recall any dead bodies in particular, though they could be fallout from the Beast battle I suppose. But then I lost Shani right after exiting the Inn with her--she just disappeared, so who knows? I'm waiting to see what happens.

I agree the cutscenes here were quite confusing dialogue wise, especially the one with the bandits.

The voodoo doll is supposed to be Odo. That gets figured out in the end of the chapter.

Odo's dog is barking at the patch where the echinops grow. We know from the bestiary that echinops grow on the graves of unavenged murder victims. You get the picture...

I must have missed the dialog or book on the plant, will keep a look out. :)

Also, Ozzie (sp) :)
I sure hope we can get back to Outskirts, I left Ozzie in the tomb, cause either I was having bad luck fighting him or he was way too tough. I would get him down, he would eat my brain and get full health. I kept thinking maybe he was a boss for a quest and then Boom, we are in lock down. :(

Anyone having trouble with Finders, Keepers?
The guy is not showing back up, I constantly looking for him at all times of the day, iirc, he said he would be there from 12 to 5 during the day or something close.

Thanks. :)

Is that the quest in act 2 where someone wants you to find a family heirloom in a crypt in the sewers? If so, he's there in the early morning.

Yes, and I am positive I checked then as well, maybe....

He got killed? I don't know just guessing, since it's been several days at least 2 I have looked for him at all hours of daylight. Yet the quest is still active in the journal., very odd maybe bugged.

I read on the Witcher forums he's there between 5-6 AM only I think. But don't feel bad--he hasn't showed up in the first place for me--so it's quite possible it's bugged or we're both missing something. ;)

He was standing there for me when I came out of the sewers, for the first time.

magerette, thanks for the tip about the official forums, I guess being a week behind due to my game stopping graphics bug. :)

Just glad you can play. :) There's a lot of info over there at the official site if you can wade through it all.
I do have a spoiler question about Dice Poker
Is it possible to move on to professional level opponents if you only played dice with the dwarf in Act 1? If I have to go back that far and play with Odo and Brogg and so forth I might as well start over.

@magerette, I have no idea. However:

Try to see if Thaler agrees to play you in Act 2. If not, then you're SOL.

Thaler looks upon my dice skills with sneering disdain, however

I have progressed to novice by playing with Carmen, and the gambler at the inn hints there's money to be made in the wealthy sector. Do you still think I'm screwed? I ignored the dialogue line of Zoltan's "Do you ever play for real money" as I was poor at the time; now he doesn't offer that choice anymore.

You might be. Still, Geralt's life is about more than dice poker; I wouldn't bother restarting because of *that*.

(Looks like I missed out on "Ozzie." I just started a new play-through; gotta look harder in the Outskirts, it seems...)

Yes, I figure I'll play it by ear and see what happens. By the time I reach the end, there may be a lot of other things I want to do differently as well.

btw, who is Ozzie?

Back
Top Bottom