Obsidian Entertainment - MCA Interview @ GameStar.ru

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Russian site GameStar.ru has an English interview with Chris Avellone, discussing the industry and genre. Looks like they'll be at E3 in some capacity or another:
Is it safe to say that role-playing genre is having the second birth now? Which RPG do you consider to be the main ones in this console generation?
I think old-school RPGs are having a rebirth, thanks to Kickstarter, which I'm thankful for - between Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun, I'm pretty excited to see what these next series of games will end up as. I'm also glad that Legend of Grimrock was well-received, as I enjoy playing that style of game as well.
Е3 is coming soon. Are you and your team planning to present anything at Expo?
Will have to wait for the news releases, so prepare to watch the E3 feeds and be entertained. :)
More information.

Im not sure.. finally making a game for his liking might prove too much for Chris. After all this time, you would probably stress a great deal to make it "perfect" and go into depression

Well I'm sure. Avellone is one of those rare ppl who can "materialize" anything bizzare into the game and make it work. And make it fun.
Kickstarter is a savior for those projects noone wants to fund because they "feel" too odd and are not mainstream (games for dumbs).

Don't get me wrong, Kickstarter could (and will) make possible also some bad games. Imagine if it existed back then when Romero promised a game of all games - Daikatana. Would he get enough money for it if he tried to gather it by Kickstarter? Yes he would. And yes, it would be a disaster no matter who invested the money in it. :)

But there will be more positive stuff (games) Kickstarter will make possible. Hell, I'm 100% sure if Avellone decides to bring back Torn he would get the money for it there.

so prepare to watch the E3 feeds and be entertained.

I like that ! ;)

[Gamestar.ru ? Sounds like a branch of the German Gamestar game magazine …]

Back
Top Bottom