Loki - Review @ Eurogamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Damned by faint praise is how Eurogamer describes Loki in their review, which carries a score of 5/10:
The problem, as you may have gathered, is that there's not a lot to actually like about Loki. Our primary fear, when we previewed the game, was that its shameless aping of previous games in the genre would overpower the general competence of its execution. This is indeed the case; and the results are deeply, deeply, almost crushingly average.
Thanks, Dark Savant.
More information.

Well, that seems to confirm that the experience from the demo carries over to the full game.

This reviewer seems a lot more fair minded than the Gamers Europe guy and therefore more credible. Pretty much sums up what I got out of the demo, also.

If the reviewer's opinion is that Loki is an average game, and he's using the full scale from 0-10, then yes it is a 5/10 game. However, most average gamers get a
7/10 when they are deemed to be average. This is what I would give LOKI...

The observation is correct. Eurogamer uses the full scale and is relatively unbiased. A "7" is a good result, an "8" a clear recommendation, "9" and "10" only seldomly used. "5" and "6" are mediocre games -> read the text to find out if it´s a game for you.

That is why I read the text - you will immediately get the context of whether it was scored on a 1-10 scale or the infamous 7-9 scale.

I have read the review. And I have to say that I still don't agree with the review. Imo, LOKI is solid, competent game, that does what it sets out to do, to deliver an enjoyable hack 'n slash experience :) And that it does well. Their main complaint about this game seems to be that it does not bring any new things to the table and that the story telling is very thin. Yes, it is - since it is hack 'slash game. And a fun game in that genre, too :) Even on the Eurogamer's review score list, I would give LOKI a 7/10.

I have read the review. And I have to say that I still don't agree with the review. Imo, LOKI is solid, competent game, that does what it sets out to do, to deliver an enjoyable hack 'n slash experience :) And that it does well. Their main complaint about this game seems to be that it does not bring any new things to the table and that the story telling is very thin. Yes, it is - since it is hack 'slash game. And a fun game in that genre, too :) Even on the Eurogamer's review score list, I would give LOKI a 7/10.

You're contradicting yourself. You just said earlier that 5/10 is fair on a genuine 1-10 scale, now you're saying that it ought to have scored 7/10 even on Eurogamer's scale.

right

dhruin, that's right. the gameplay and hud are complete rip offs from diablo and the graphics are way too bad. games of it's age like call of duty 3, or even stubs the zombie (!) have better graphics. now, about the constructors of the game. have you ever heard before of cyanide studios and hell-tech? it's the first time i hear of these teams. even the storyline sucks. anyone can be a bit creative to construct a storyline more, let's say, original, new and ground shaking than this one

Back
Top Bottom