RPGWatch Forums
Page 3 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 13 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   RPGWatch (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141)

SirDeity November 3rd, 2006 18:52

That worked! Thanks Arhu. It was so obvious I should've figured it out myself. Anyway, it still seems strange that only this site seems to go all wacky (visually) with my IE text size set anywhere above medium whereas any other site looks just fine. I guess one of the draw backs to having a widescreen (huge) monitor is that the text in browsers is VERY small and therefore difficult to read but the text can only be enlarged at the cost of some windows going out of sync with (frames not where they're supposed to be, text bodys not where they're supposed to be, etc…). I'll just squint my eyes! =)

kencube November 6th, 2006 16:06

A search news function should be added.
I just wanted to find an old news(it's something about where's Troika staff going). Not knowing the exact title & date, and I can't find any place to search for news, so I decided to search the forum by keywords. Although there's a News Comment Section, I found out that not all news have threads in that section. So I can't find what I want. At last, I need to use Google to search for, but the link on Google refer to news comment, not the news itself. And I need to re-type the link to reach the news, finally.
If there's a search function for the whole site, it'd be much convenient.

Myrthos November 6th, 2006 16:31

Yeah I know. It's on this wish list that I also use as an oversized paperweight

Sem November 12th, 2006 21:10

Link to Wiki

I'm missing a link to the (Gothic 3) Wiki on the front page.

Myrthos November 14th, 2006 23:09

The link to 'More articles' on the front page is working now.
And in case you missed it, the 'Details' link of the games shown at the right hand side of a newsbit, now leads to a tabbed view with everything we have for that game.

Dhruin November 15th, 2006 00:39

Thanks, Myrthos! :)

SirDeity November 17th, 2006 19:45

This is just an unrealistic idea, but it'd be really cool if this site eventually had its own intro movie with commentary from some of the key founding staff and the mission statement or objective of RPGWatch, followed by a 3D high graphics short movie. I could help to create the intro movie down the road but it'd take at least a few people.

Anyway, everyone has a forum avatar… but how many forums have their own intro movies? It'd set RPGWatch apart from others… and to avoid annoying people by forcing them to watch it or load it everytime they access the site, you could just have it optionally display on the main page or have it show one time for everyone upon initially registering with the forums.

Arma November 20th, 2006 18:03

Is it me, or the "^ Back to Top" link in the news is not working?

Myrthos November 20th, 2006 18:11

Tried it in IE and FF and it works in both

txa1265 November 20th, 2006 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrthos (Post 8961)
Tried it in IE and FF and it works in both

Works for me (FF 1.5.0.8) just fine.

Arma November 20th, 2006 18:24

Well, I'm using … Opera. Version 9.02 Build 8585. And I agree on that it works in FF and IE.

dteowner November 20th, 2006 19:55

Used to be at the Dot that the "new posts" flag was reset (showing no new posts) if you ended your session (by inactivity or quitting the browser). This does not appear to be the case here. Threads that I did not view Friday still show as unread even though I have been to the site several times since. And yes, I know I can do it manually, but I always seem to forget particularly since it was handled for me in the past.

Gorath November 20th, 2006 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arma (Post 8965)
Well, I'm using … Opera. Version 9.02 Build 8585. And I agree on that it works in FF and IE.

Confirmed, doesn´t work in Opera 9.

Gorath November 20th, 2006 21:17

I think this is too much work for a small site. You can do things like if you have 500000 readers every month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirDeity (Post 8502)
This is just an unrealistic idea, but it'd be really cool if this site eventually had its own intro movie with commentary from some of the key founding staff and the mission statement or objective of RPGWatch, followed by a 3D high graphics short movie. I could help to create the intro movie down the road but it'd take at least a few people.

Anyway, everyone has a forum avatar… but how many forums have their own intro movies? It'd set RPGWatch apart from others… and to avoid annoying people by forcing them to watch it or load it everytime they access the site, you could just have it optionally display on the main page or have it show one time for everyone upon initially registering with the forums.

Myrthos November 20th, 2006 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by dteowner (Post 8984)
Used to be at the Dot that the "new posts" flag was reset (showing no new posts) if you ended your session (by inactivity or quitting the browser). This does not appear to be the case here. Threads that I did not view Friday still show as unread even though I have been to the site several times since. And yes, I know I can do it manually, but I always seem to forget particularly since it was handled for me in the past.

As I think this is correct behaviour and the behaviour at RPGDot was erroneous I don't think it will change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorath (Post 8994)
Confirmed, doesn´t work in Opera 9.

So much for compatibility then….

Cm November 21st, 2006 16:16

Do what I do Dte, at the end of my readthrough I just go to the main forums site list and hit the Mark Read at the bottom of the list before I log. One click gets them all.

dteowner November 22nd, 2006 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmgamer (Post 9175)
Do what I do Dte, at the end of my readthrough I just go to the main forums site list and hit the Mark Read at the bottom of the list before I log. One click gets them all.

I know, I know, but I'm old, forgetful, and a creature of…ummm….what was I saying again?

Corwin November 22nd, 2006 01:25

Dte, if you're old, I'm Ancient, while CM is just decrepit!! :biggrin:

Cm November 22nd, 2006 02:08

*Cm slaps Corwin with a wet moldy fish*
Just wait til I find a way to add my red hot pitchfork smilie to the list.

Arhu November 23rd, 2006 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arma (Post 8959)
Is it me, or the "^ Back to Top" link in the news is not working?

Solved in a way.