Divinity: Original Sin II - The Dark Eye - Official Game Master Campaign

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new official game master mode campaign for Divinity: Original Sin II.

Larian Studios has joined forces with Ulisses Spiele, creators of the hugely successful Dark Eye tabletop RPG, to bring Divinity players into a new world of magic and mystery. Written and designed by Ulisses, with cooperation from Larian developers, the Prison of Shadow GM campaign brings a comprehensive set of the tools that will allow every Game Master and their team to dive into the thrilling and dangerous world of The Dark Eye.

This Game Master adventure will be automatically included in the Divinity: Original Sin 2 update on 21st November 2018, and is designed for both new and experienced Game Masters and their parties.
More information.

Those new remaster-remake Dark Eye 3D games that came out in recent years were utter trash. At least now Dark Eye gets a proper engine. Blackguards I-II were the amazing exception!

News to me good news actually.

Cant wait to play the mod not Game Master adventure.

Refuse to call it that sounds unnatural.:biggrin:

I wish they could do Drakensang back from Bigpoint.

I don't believe I'll ever be desperate enough to replay this game, no matter any additional content.
This isn't "additional content", and if I understand it correctly, it won't even be the same game. It's a Dark Eye campaign for a GM + 3-5 players, implemented within the D:OS2 engine.

At last someone who paid attention to the article…
Thank you for pointing out the obvious… once again. So keep being you.:sarcasm:
This isn't "additional content", and if I understand it correctly, it won't even be the same game. It's a Dark Eye campaign for a GM + 3-5 players, implemented within the D:OS2 engine.
Yep a mod/new update that adds a new game setting to play.
Written and designed by Ulisses, with cooperation from Larian developers, the Prison of Shadow GM campaign brings a comprehensive set of the tools that will allow every Game Master and their team to dive into the thrilling and dangerous world of The Dark Eye.

This Game Master adventure will be automatically included in the Divinity: Original Sin 2 update on 21st November 2018, and is designed for both new and experienced Game Masters and their parties.

Really interesting. I wonder how they implemented the TDE ruleset mechanics. After all it's completely different from DOS.
And I had been happier if they'd publish an actual single player campaign.

Really interesting. I wonder how they implemented the TDE ruleset mechanics. After all it's completely different from DOS.
Yeah probably the only downside is the setting will need a GM to run it. It would make a great way to play a campaign with friends like in the old days at least.

Maybe it can be played solo we don't know yet though.:fingerscrossed:

Yeah probably the only downside is the setting will need a GM to run it.
Yep, but that's a heavy downside. It's just really difficult to bring the squad together regularly.

But don't get me wrong. First and foremost I'm happy that Larian and TDE get involved. Future things could happen.

You can't play it solo. It is played in a similar fashion as a P&P game. It is 'just' a campaign, so you need a GM to provide the story, create events and do stuff on the spot to compensate for unexpected actions from players. Without a GM, nothing happens.

You can't play it solo. It is played in a similar fashion as a P&P game. It is 'just' a campaign, so you need a GM to provide the story, create events and do stuff on the spot to compensate for unexpected actions from players. Without a GM, nothing happens.
Well you could always play GM yourself and control the party.

Unless this requires an internet connection then yeah wont matter.:)

But don't get me wrong. First and foremost I'm happy that Larian and TDE get involved. Future things could happen.

So D:OS2 gets the NWN treatment?
That is, eventually replacing the (IMHO) mediocre-passable main campaign with much better modules by third parties?
Colour me interested.

Well you could always play GM yourself and control the party.

Unless this requires an internet connection then yeah wont matter.:)
No you can't. This is a GM campaign. Game Master is a separate mode in DOS2 (it was a Kickstarter stretch goal). For the GM mode a new campaign is created. it is not an add-on or anything like that. The campaign has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself. There is no party to control or play, just like there isn't one in a P&P game. You play as a GM and if there is nobody else, then there is no party and nothing to play. So it makes absolutely no sense to try and play a GM campaign solo.

Thanks for the answers now I feel like an idiot.:embarrassed:

giphy.gif

Won't likely touch this myself but would really love to see a group of streamers play this one.

So D:OS2 gets the NWN treatment?
That is, eventually replacing the (IMHO) mediocre-passable main campaign with much better modules by third parties?
Colour me interested.
Both Original Sin 1&2 allowed you to make & share mods like NWN. Yet it never caught on with modders and not many campaigns were created made. Damn shame really.

You can find a few on the Nexus Mod sites & Steam workshop.

For those unfamiliar with how this mode works, there is a lengthy playthrough hosted by Matt Mercer:

Back
Top Bottom