Dungeon Siege 3 - Review Roundup # 5

aries100

SasqWatch
Yet more review have surfaced for this game. I'll quote from two of them and list the others.

First up is NY Daily News 3/5
Not here. For some odd reason, Obsidian tries to add a strong narrative with limited success. You get to make decisions with a dialogue wheel that’s “Mass Effect”-inspired, and these decisions affect the narrative. But the dialogue scenes never make you care, especially because of the camera frames these scenes as unattractively as possible, forcing you to stare at your own party’s backs.
Then we have GameReactor 7/10
Dungeon Siege III's biggest problem is that it obviously can't figure out whether to lean more towards a more hack'n'slash romp or traditional RPG, and therefore probably will disappoint both camps due to the fence-sitting. Towards the end is a blood-bath of swinging swords and cast spells, and some puzzles would have been welcome to break up the action.
And then the others:
GameTrailers has a video review 6.3/10

ParaNerds 8.5/10

GamesDailyNews 7/10

Gaming Age B

Cheat Code Central 3.6/5

Dealspwn 6/10

Bit Gamer 50%
TenTonHammer 82/100
More information.

With the latest patch, they switched A and D, so the game is nearly unplayable for many players (incl. me). Forums just blow up because of the angry comments.

So what did Obsidian do? NOTHING. Not a single word from the devs., as far as I know. They didn't even made a patch note for the update, so nobody knows what happend.

After this ridiculous failure, I am sure they cut out beta testing completly.
And make the insult harder, they talk about DLC-s. Fix this mess first boys!

EDIT: Seems they fixed the A-D thing, infact there is a very limited camera adjusting option!

Last edited:
The initial flurry of above-average ratings have given way to a much more expected reaction to what seems to be an almost spectacularly unnecessary action RPG release. I'm somewhat torn between wanting Obsidian to make money out of DS3 so they can fund their more interesting projects (stuff like Alpha Protocol or even New Vegas, which was a valiant and surprisingly successful attempt at improving on the lackluster Fallout 3 template) and my desire to see developers and publishers punished for releasing tired corporate cash-ins like this.

Its time for developers to feel the pain , and they are the gaming industry is becoming very difficult to survive. Im tired of getting unfinished buggy games with pre order dlc bonuses, Dumbed Down console ports . Obsidian ruined this franchise,this game will not sell well and im glad !!!

Back
Top Bottom