Good Old Games - Might and Magic Contest

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
GoG is having a contest to see how much you know about Might & Magic 6. They took three screenshots: one, two, three. You have to tell them where these locations are in MM6. If you're right your name will go into a drawing. They will draw 9 free GoG game coupons, 3 for each image. The contest ends January 14. Here are the details of the contest:
Time to test your perceptiveness and knowledge of one of the greatest RPG series - Might and Magic.
Some time ago we've ran a similar contest concerning Gothic. You've asked for more of those challenges, so here it is. We've took three screenshots from Might and Magic 6: one, two, three. Your goal is to tell us the names of the locations we've captured. Send us your answers to users-at-gog.com until Thursday, January 14 at 11:59 EDT. If you know the answer for only one image, send it as well - we'll draw 9 free GOG game coupons, 3 for each image. So the more locations you'll guess right, the bigger chances to win a game or even 3 games! Only one entry per user is allowed.
More information.

uhhh I actually know those 3 locations. I feel smart :)

Edit: I thought I had them…but the first one was not what I thought after looking it up. Feel less smart now :)

I am not going to be a part of the competetion but it did peak my interest. Anyone know where that screen is from?

Last edited:
I've played all of them so many times, that these were easy for me. The automap is the key to figuring out the first picture because Goblins are found in a couple dungeons.

Yep, automap is the key for all 3. That helps "pull the camera back".

I bought the compilation from GoG, but as tempted as I was I don't think I'll play any. As far back as my Ultima days, the screen-by-screen movement has always been too jarring an interface for me to play without getting lost when I didn't need to get lost (oh wait, I'm in the *middle* of the room now?) and even mildly nauseating.

Try activating the 'smooth' turning option, though I have to admit with modern processors, it's jerkier than it used to be. I can play it (endlessly) with no ill effects though, and I have some problems with motion sickness in games.

Knew the second and third shots instantly, but took a minute for the first. Oh the nostalgia. :)

I only recognize 2 and 3, and I'm not going to bother looking up 1.

I think I recognize all three of 'em... I just can't recall the names... Ah nuts! Although I believe we're probably being tricked with the first picture. That automap is familiar, but it doesn't match with what I think it is. Has anyone already found the first one?

Back
Top Bottom