Ash of Gods - Iron Man Mode and more

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Update 1.2 for Ash of Gods introduces iron man mode, post-mortem for the story, combat log, and other stuff.

UPDATE 1.2

Hey! In this major update we not just fixed a lot of issues but also added new features, such as hardcore mode 'Iron Man', post-mortem for the story, combat log, portraits and emotions feature for multiplayer and many balance changes for single player.

IRON MAN MODE

As you may know, we were very attentive to community feedback after the release, and one of the very first problems was very high difficulty of the game. Of course, we took it into account and made some changes to make the game more comfortable.

But this decision also disappointed the ones who prefer to face challenges, that's why we decided to make a separate hardcore mode for them—and today we are glad to introduce you 'Iron Man':

• You have only one save
  • No lowered attributes for AI units
  • AI has no limitations since the very first level of Reaping
  • You can't change the level of Reaping manually
  • Balanced abilities, which can be used to create so-called 'imba-tactics' based on such classes as guardian, fighter and archer in small teams
  • Three additional achievements which could be earned in hardcore mode only
POST-MORTEM
Players who already beat Ash of Gods, also wanted to know more about what happened in the end of the story and what happened to the rest of their beloved characters.

It was a great idea, and we changed the end of the game with post-mortem, where you can find some additional details about what happened with the world and those characters who still alive. But keep in mind, that fate of characters are non-linear as well and depends on your unique story.

COMBAT LOG

Now you can track everything what happens on a battle field with combat log. It is hidden on default but you can easily turn it on by pressing the icon with 'L'-letter near the clock.

Combat log available in both single-player and multiplayer.

PORTRAITS AND EMOTIONS

Now you can talk with your opponent in multiplayer via our chat analogue, which allows to share emotions like 'Well played!' or 'Victory will be mine!'

Bots also use emotions to answer you.

SINGLE-PLAYER

• Added new 'Iron Man' mode and three achievements
  • Added post-mortem which explains what happened with alive characters and what happened in the final video
  • Added combat log
  • Added option to turn off autofocus of combat camera
  • Lo Pheng's team now getting increased amount of experience—both Pheng and Thorn teams should have equal level in the end
  • Strixes usage of Thorn's team increased on three strixes a day
  • Changed sorting of the deck in inventory (now sorting for level and availability)
  • Numerous balance changes for abilities (guardian, archer, fighter, spearman)
  • Added Galaxy support (achievements and overlay) for GOG version of the game
MULTIPLAYER

• Added portraits and emotions feature
  • Added combat log
  • Injuries in common fights are disabled
  • Added injuries information to profile's window
  • Added version check when connecting to server
[...]
More information.

So how many patches does this make since it released?

Quite a lot but these are now new features and not major bug fixes…
I know but I was holding off playing since it's been patched many times on Steam & GOG. So is it playable and mostly fixed at this point? As it was a mess on release.

I know but I was holding of playing since it's been patched many times on Steam & GOG. So is it playable and mostly fixed at this point? As it was mess on release.
It was always playable. I finished it the week of release, but it was unbalanced and had some bugs.

They fixed the bugs within a week or two and they then tackled the balance.

Seems like they're still not happy with the balance.though so it's up to you.

I would only recommend iron-man if you do not mind losing as some parts of the game are difficult.

Also. Some choices you make have unforeseen consequences, both positive and negative. Guess what, no one complains about the positive ones.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom