Skyrim Which followers and/or which spouse did you choose?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch
My two favorite followers so far have been:

Borgakh Steel Heart, a ravishing but brutal Orc warrior-maiden I helped to escape from an arranged marriage; and

Jenassa, a much more refined and stealthy dark elf mercenary who shares quite a bit in common with the Dunmer thief character I'm playing.

Both of these ladies have romance/marriage related dialog options, but I haven't decided about that yet.

R.I.P. Cosnach, Belrand, Roggi Knot-Beard, who died for a noble cause
distracting enemies long enough for me to make a run for it

Please post some of your favorite follower pics below.

Last edited:
I've searched for the same NPC as bloodlover… Couldn't find one so I married someone I honestly now can't remember the name. Which means…
That part of the game should get some improvement. Or game designers are trying to say to kids that play this game - the point of life is to get married, doesn't matter who you'll marry and for what reason, just do it ASAP. Hell it wouldn't surprise me if there was an option to marry a goat which would later become a merchant and than take over the whole trading business in the town.

I'm bent on soloing the game, so I'm not really into followers, but I still found my first trip with Farkas of the Companions rather amusing. Not because he was standing around without drawing his weapon and getting pounded by Draugr most of the time, but because I was really surprised when he suddenly
donned his fur coat (werewolf form)

As for marriage ... I'm undecided as of yet. The Nord wizard apprentice? He seems nice enough. The ex-army Orc? Impressive build. My Markarth huscarl? Well, he's a good cleaner ... I just can't decide. I guess I'll wait to see if Farkas becomes available later on in the Companions' quest line - now that would be interesting for sure.

I normally don't use followers in these games. New Vegas is the first time I did, but so far in Skyrim I've found that it's quite handy having a pack-mule and meat shield, even if she does get in the way most of the time. So far I've only used Lydia, but if not for her hauling abilities I probably would have gone back to the solo lifestyle quite a while ago.

As for marriage, I went with Ysolde, mainly because she was convenient and I only wanted to see what happened. That she's quite friendly and cute helped in the selection, but I generally don't care for relationships in RPGs. I'm quite glad these are fairly minimal, and I'm sure there will be loads of mods to expand them into dating sims for people who want that.

Lydia so far. I would like to get a female caster to supplement my warrior but all the ones I have seen so far are just too ugly...

Sanguine Rose is all the companion I need. If I could, I'd marry it! Some of the actual companions have donated their souls to my evil plot to rule the world, my plan is to put them all in play =)

-Carn

I know better than to use followers in a Bethesda game and it's not marriage if you can't card them.

Okay, so here are the pics … besides, since Battlespire I have a soft spot for Dremoras, so I'd really love to marry the guy who pops out of the Sanguine Rose ^^.

Attachments

• Jaz_and_Farkas.jpg
    Jaz_and_Farkas.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Jaz_und_Ghorbash.jpg
    Jaz_und_Ghorbash.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Jaz_und_Onmund.jpg
    Jaz_und_Onmund.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Jaz_und_Argis.jpg
    Jaz_und_Argis.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 102
Well I am only level 21 and 52 hours into the game ... so the only town I have done so far is Whiterun (and a trip to Riften to get married) so not sure on all the other options. I had a few random options in small towns while questing. But I rather enjoyed the storyline for Farkas so ended up married him and also taking him with me as my favorite companion. Once I pick these things I seldom change on my "primary" play through since that is my canon game. So most likely will have to try all the others on another play through.

First character: Solo
Second character: Lydia
Third character: The wood elf from Riverwood. His name starts with an F.

Well, I married Farkas. He's definitely a nice one, if (in his own words) not very bright. Besides, I wrote a story about a
werewolf
couple while playing Daggerfall, so it's kind of satisfying to finally see it realized in Skyrim.

First character: Solo
Second character: Lydia
Third character: The wood elf from Riverwood. His name starts with an F.

How did you get Lydia? There has been no appropriate dialogue option with her, even when wearing the amulet.

I think he meant companion, not spouse, Corwin. You can make Lydia marriable through the console. She has the dialogue options for being a spouse. I haven't chosen a mate yet, though I've found Riften. I'm level 29 and still haven't seen most of the cities! Smithing, Enchanting, Lockpicking, and Stealth all need to be heavily slowed down. I keep leveling these and my character doesn't get any tougher at fighting with these skills :)

I have had many companions so far.

Lydia, who died in combat fighting a Dwarven Centaurion. I miss her. I have a feeling she's going to respawn at some point though, because other dead NPCs who died in my game have respawned (the Companion's guild hall is now full again, when some of them had died).

Vortug (sp?) , from Markarth, who is a badass if you give him an Orcish shield and a Glass War Axe.

Currently using Marcurio the mage, from Riften. I like his little witty dialogs when entering dungeons. "So I suppose you're going to plunder every bit of loot within this ruin?", or "These ruins would be interesting to me, if I weren't already a master of Nordic history". He's cool.

No spouse as of yet. I just haven't come across that amulet yet. Don't spoil it for me. Hopefully I find it though so I can marry this hot Nordic chick from Markarth who walks around in the market area. I forget her name.

Currently using Marcurio the mage, from Riften. I like his little witty dialogs when entering dungeons. "So I suppose you're going to plunder every bit of loot within this ruin?", or "These ruins would be interesting to me, if I weren't already a master of Nordic history". He's cool.

Isn't he the one with the terribly irritating voice actor that does the Book of Love quest NPC (begins with a 'B') near the steps, and the miner in the Rift mining town? Damn, I can't remember NPC or location names. Skyrim really needs more distinctive proper nouns in this game.

Haven't gotten that quest yet, so I'm not sure. His voice isn't really irritating. He does speak very "properly" and has kind of a snarky attitude though.

Yep, his voice is terribly irritating to me. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. I'd shout him of a cliff. Of course, the Arnold impersonations aren't much better. :p

I think he meant companion, not spouse, Corwin. You can make Lydia marriable through the console. She has the dialogue options for being a spouse.

You mean general "addfac 19809 1"? Or is there something more specific?

I'm bent on soloing the game, so I'm not really into followers, but I still found my first trip with Farkas of the Companions rather amusing. Not because he was standing around without drawing his weapon and getting pounded by Draugr most of the time, but because I was really surprised when he suddenly
donned his fur coat (werewolf form)

As for marriage … I'm undecided as of yet. The Nord wizard apprentice? He seems nice enough. The ex-army Orc? Impressive build. My Markarth huscarl? Well, he's a good cleaner … I just can't decide. I guess I'll wait to see if Farkas becomes available later on in the Companions' quest line - now that would be interesting for sure.

Jaz, did you have to buy the house in order to get Argis, your housecarl? Steep price to pay for a man when I don't want the house :D

Back
Top Bottom