[Roguelike] [PC] Caves of Qud Hits GOG and itch.io!

CurryTime

Traveler
779fHCG.jpg

Acclaimed roguelike Caves of Qud by Freehold Games is now available on both GOG.com and itch.io! If you've ever gotten the itch to explore a bizarre world of 70s pulp sci-fi, surrealism, and ever-changing possibilities, now's your chance to dive straight into this acclaimed roguelike on two new platforms.

Xf8ZHxW.png

Like its mutant inhabitants, the world of Qud is always evolving. Out now is the new Generated Villages & Alternate Starts patch, which adds fully procedurally generated villages and quests so that each adventure is completely unique. Each village boasts its own factions, lore, signature skills, and NPCs. What's more, you can now choose one of these generated villages as your starting location in place of the original starting location, Joppa.

Whether you love exploring new frontiers, or just can't help but immerse yourself in the cultures of slug-worshipping goat people, there's never been a better time to strike out on your own in Qud's verdant landscape. Who knows: you may be the first to discover some unforeseen fragment of Qud's fractured past.

6XxpJeK.png

If you want a taste of how the world of Qud looks in action, check out the trailer below:

If anyone here's gotten a chance to try out this (actually) epic and downright bizarre roguelike, share your thoughts!

Yea I noticed that on gog home page. Vaguely I think if you buy direct from developer you get both drm free download and steam key. For me still deciding between this and rimworld.

BTW as a new user are you associated with this project?

I'm on the fence on buying this one. I am trying to get into roguelikes (starting with easier games like Tales of Maj'Eyal and The Ground Gives Way) since I really like action RPGs (which are descended from roguelikes).

I played the free demo with ascii art and the game is so weird that it takes some getting used to its logic. It's got tons of atmosphere, and many people rave about it, so I may eventually buy it as an "aspirational" game and hope that it will click for me.

Back
Top Bottom