Cloak of Invisibility@GameSanity & Bioshock review at GamerDad

magerette

Hedgewitch
RpgWatch's resident reviewer, Mike Anderson (txa1265) has some interesting things to say about game release timing over at GamerDad's new blog site, Gamesanity
Bioshock is getting loads of attention, and it deserves to have praise heaped on it because it is an excellent game. But there are other games out, and having such a single-minded focus on only Bioshock does a disservice to gamers as well as those games....
...Is this the fate that awaits Two Worlds? A history of mediocre reviews and technical issues dooms the game to struggle for mind-share and the simultaneous release of a likely ‘Game of the Year’ seals its’ fate of obscurity? If so that is unfortunate...
And you can find his full review of Bioshock over at Gamer Dad.
More information.

Last edited:
Ooops. :blush:Thanks for pointing that out, kalniel. Obviously I haven't totally mastered the dharma of the newspost yet. Both this link and the one on the main page should now work.

Sorry for the confusion.

RpgWatch's resident reviewer, Mike Anderson (txa1265) has some interesting things to say about game release timing over at GamerDad's new blog site, Gamesanity

And you can find his full review of Bioshock over at Gamer Dad.
More information.

With all fairness one has to admit Two Worlds is now Version 1.5 or 1.6, and it was unfinished (like so many games these days) when it was originally released many weeks ago in parts of Europe. So if it's eventually not that successful , it doesn't bother me AT ALL.

But on the other hand, if it was really pretty much bug-less (in fact it almost IS now from what you hear), the overall reviews wouldn't be too good either. "Poor man's Oblivion"

I mean there are always balancing issues with games that huge, the thing is, Oblivion also had them, but since it was from a "major-company" and well hyped, it was a 90%-game, while it probably also would deserve only something like 75%, as Two Worlds had (if you take the same standard). Maybe it's slightly better, but still has main flaws, so for many people TW is even better suited.

So what I try to say is the "poor" or "mediocre" reviews are unjustified (esp. compared to Oblivion), but I don't care since they released basically an UNFINISHED GAME, and so cheated the customer! Long story short: They cheated us, I cheated them (;)), now the "mainstream-press" cheats them and f**** them in the a**!!! I hope eventually the "big games" also get bashed like that if they release unfinished games, but unfortunately this won't happen since it's against the system. damn shouldn't comment when drunk...

Much as I'd like to buy into this review score conspiracy, it just isn't entirely true. We've had this discussion here before and I said Two World's scores would max out at 7/10 from the mainstream press and I was right. It's playing in console territory with the big boys and just doesn't have the polish to compete on even terms. People on this board may disagree because we aren't representative of the mainstream but for a general GameSpot reader, Oblivion is a 9/10 game and TW is a ~7/10 title. The shockingly awful writing alone knocks off a point or two. I agree that being from a small company puts it behind the marketing 8-ball but the game itself is not polished enough to really impress.

Regarding Two Worlds I have been very surprised at how the X360 folks are describing the game very differently than the PC gamers. Mayhap is fun, but alas not great ...

I personally feel that Two Worlds was a better game than Oblivion, so it would be a real shame if the success was hampered by anything, whether it is too much newscoverage of Bioshock, or mediocre scores since the developer is relatively unknown.

I personally feel that Two Worlds was a better game than Oblivion, so it would be a real shame if the success was hampered by anything, whether it is too much newscoverage of Bioshock, or mediocre scores since the developer is relatively unknown.
I am also enjoying Two Worlds more than Oblivion, but the fact that the X360 version apparently 'got the shaft' means that the more visible version is not very good, meaning that the publicity will not be good.

The reviews come from the 'multiple platforms, one review' sites are very bipolar - the ones that are playing on the PC are giving decent reviews (e.g. GameSpot) while the ones playing the X360 are trashing it (GameSpy)

Back
Top Bottom