RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   General News - Upcoming RPG / Adventure Games (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48534)

Redglyph September 21st, 2021 12:10

General News - Upcoming RPG / Adventure Games

WolfheartFPS presents a selection of upcoming RPGs.

Quote:

Top RPG / Adventure Games To End 2021

• 02:04 Sept. 23: Sable
  • 03:00 Sept 23: Diablo II Resurrected
  • 03:59 Sept 24: Death Stranding Director's Cut
  • 05:30 Oct 15: Sword & Fairy 7
  • 06:18 Oct 21: Sands of Aura (EA)
  • 07:02 Oct 26: Guardians of the Galaxy
  • 08:00 Nov 11: Skyrim Anniversary Edition
  • 09:18 Dec 7: Thymesia
  • 10:06 (Dec 8: Halo Infinite - not an RPG)
  • 12:00 Bonus 1 October: Smalland (EA, to be confirmed)
  • 12:43 Bonus 2 Nov 9: Evolution 2

More information.

borcanu September 21st, 2021 13:33

well .. this should be a regular type of post..

Redglyph September 21st, 2021 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by borcanu (Post 1061655723)
well .. this should be a regular type of post..

I've looked at your recent posts, all you do is complain, moan and criticize posts. You may want to read the forums' policy and change your attitude, because that doesn't even grant a regular type of post.

Lolozaur September 21st, 2021 14:31

what a shit list, 2 rpg and the rest…..

henriquejr September 21st, 2021 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 1061655715)

They forgot some big games here, off the top of my head I can recall Disciples: Liberation (my birthday gitf to myself :) )

JFarrell71 September 21st, 2021 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by henriquejr (Post 1061655733)
They forgot some big games here, off the top of my head I can recall Disciples: Liberation (my birthday gitf to myself :) )

They left out Vagrus also, which is my most anticipated such game for the rest of this year.

henriquejr September 21st, 2021 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061655738)
They left out Vagrus also, which is my most anticipated such game for the rest of this year.

Yes, this one too. I followed Vagrus for a while, but I stopped doing it due to a lack of a proper regional pricing.

Redglyph September 21st, 2021 16:40

Well, I suppose it's not in his top ;) He has his own style, so…

I wanted to try the demo of Vagrus 2-3 weeks ago, downloaded it on Steam and I couldn't start it (instead of "Play", the button was saying "Buy"). I think it's possible to download the demo somewhere else but I'll just wait for feedback instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by porcozaur (Post 1061655730)
what a shit list, 2 rpg and the rest…..

Maybe a couple are not RPG strictly speaking, but sometimes people are playing other genres you know ;) That doesn't make it a "shit list" as you put it.

Lolozaur September 21st, 2021 17:03

Top RPG / Adventure Games To End 2021 and he puts halo trololol

JDR13 September 21st, 2021 20:36

An underwhelming list to me. Ironically, Halo Infinite would probably be the game I'm most looking forward to trying out of those titles.

lackblogger September 21st, 2021 21:00

Count me baffled.

Seriously dude, interesting topic that's interesting for getting replies, but you're still giving attention to a rabid clickbait artist, lmao. Which should be discouraged?

Ripper September 21st, 2021 21:26

Criticism is fine, but there seems to be a spike of pissy attitude at the moment. Redglyph's putting a lot of time into being our new news poster, and this sort of response must make him wonder why he bothers. So it's not a great list - big deal. Reconsider the attitude, or I'll reconsider mine, and start tidying up.

Redglyph September 21st, 2021 21:56

Yeah, I think I'll dramatically reduce the time I'm putting into this, if the only perk is getting shitty replies.
@porcozaur and @lackblogger, welcome to my ignore list. Seriously, how old are you, 5?

JFarrell71 September 21st, 2021 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 1061655791)
Yeah, I think I'll dramatically reduce the time I'm putting into this, if the only perk is getting shitty replies.
@porcozaur and @lackblogger, welcome to my ignore list. Seriously, how old are you, 5?

Selfishly, I hope that this doesn't put you off the site as a whole because that would be a lousy outcome. You're easily one of my favorite posters.

Folks, you don't have to agree with the views espoused in the news or be interested in the particular news that's posted. Just do what I do when I don't care: move on to the next one. If it's an RPG related article of potential interest to RPG enthusiasts, there's a good chance it'll show up here.

Couchpotato September 21st, 2021 23:09

Yeah it's pretty strange list but hey thanks for sharing @Redglyph.

Anyway most don't interest me but Guardians of the Galaxy does. I remember you shared a link to an article that went in-depth about it only having RPG elements.

Still it has my interest.:)

Silver September 22nd, 2021 00:29

lol. Welcome to the new stuff. Just like the old stuff.

wolfgrimdark September 22nd, 2021 00:44

I always enjoy seeing news posts even if often the genre is not for me. It isn't hard to just move on if the post doesn't interest you. Now and then I see something new so I tend to always take a look.

Moriendor September 22nd, 2021 01:04

Quote:

I don't get why you are taking this personal? People are/were attacking the "shit list" by that YouTuber and NOT your news post.

What do you expect when writing news? Some news will always be controversial, there will be good news (game announcements), bad news (game cancellations), baffling news, crazy news, amazing news, news of all colors and people will always react to them in some way. I don't see a reason why you should take any of these reactions to heart as if people were attacking you personally.

wolfgrimdark September 22nd, 2021 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriendor (Post 1061655827)
I don't get why you are taking this personal? People are/were attacking the "shit list" by that YouTuber and NOT your news post.

What do you expect when writing news? Some news will always be controversial, there will be good news (game announcements), bad news (game cancellations), baffling news, crazy news, amazing news, news of all colors and people will always react to them in some way. I don't see a reason why you should take any of these reactions to heart as if people were attacking you personally.

Guess it is interpretation but I can pick out two people in the thread that seemed to clearly be criticizing that Red made the post and not the story itself.

Couchpotato September 22nd, 2021 01:12

Yeah I spent two years as a new-poster and can guarantee you will not always have good news to post. You will also get shit-posts and people criticizing you as well.

Luckily a few posters encouraged me to continue posting, but I eventually quit.

rune_74 September 22nd, 2021 01:16

Quote:

I don't get why you add so many to your ignore list….I'm pretty sure I'm on there just because I disagreed with you.

You are totally within your rights, but I prefer to state my objections instead of taking my ball and going home. Then again I think you can't even see this.

Ripper September 22nd, 2021 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriendor (Post 1061655827)

I can see why it would bother someone, and I think people should consider how it comes across, and makes the job feel like a drag. There are comments here and in other threads that definitely imply failings in the newsposting. I've noticed it, quite independently of Redglyph.

Couchpotato September 22nd, 2021 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by rune_74 (Post 1061655833)
I don't get why you add so many to your ignore list….I'm pretty sure I'm on there just because I disagreed with you.

You are totally within your rights, but I prefer to state my objections instead of taking my ball and going home. Then again I think you can't even see this.

Well the ignore function doesn't really work that well in the first place. As all it does is put your post in a spoiler like tag saying this member is on your ignore list.

You can even read the post if you feel like which is counter productive to the ignoring in the first place. I used to have over a hundred members now it's just two.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper (Post 1061655834)
I can see why it would bother someone, and I think people should consider how it comes across, and makes the job feel like a drag. There are comments here and in other threads that definitely imply failings in the newsposting. I've noticed it, quite independently of Redglyph.

In my defense I like to semi-troll with sarcasm and humor. It's not always taken well. So give @HiddenX and @Silver my most humble apologizes if I ever slighted them.

Now I believe that's it as I'm getting way off-topic.:biggrin:

Ripper September 22nd, 2021 01:23

Some additions to the ignore list are well-advised, even if it's imperfect.

rune_74 September 22nd, 2021 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061655835)
Well the ignore function doesn't really work that well in the first place. all it does is put your post in a spoiler like tag saying this member is on your ignore list.

You can even read the post if you feel like which is counter productive to the ignoring in the first place. I used to have over a hundred members now it's just two.
In my defense I like to semi-troll with sarcasm and humor. It's not always taken well. So give Hidden X and silver my most humble apologizes if I ever slighted them.

Now I believe that's it as were getting off-topic.:biggrin:

I know you can't ignore me;)

rune_74 September 22nd, 2021 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper (Post 1061655837)
Some additions to the ignore list are well-advised, even if it's imperfect.

Sure some are….just didn't have a good run in with her when she did it before….I'm open to discussing if someone feels I'm wrong or whatever….

Moriendor September 22nd, 2021 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark (Post 1061655829)
Guess it is interpretation but I can pick out two people in the thread that seemed to clearly be criticizing that Red made the post and not the story itself.

Really? Have those posts already been deleted? I'm not seeing them, sorry.

Ripper September 22nd, 2021 01:31

Quote:

In my defense I like to semi-troll with sarcasm and humor. It's not always taken well. So give Hidden X and silver my most humble apologizes if I ever slighted them.

Now I believe that's it as were getting off-topic.:biggrin:

I think the off-topic is fine here, since I think this is more important.

I don't think there's any problem with criticising the contents of newsbits, or disagreeing with newsposters from time to time. But the way I see it, Redglyph is new to the job, has come in putting a lot of time into it, and has taken shit since day 1. I don't think it's fair, or good for the Watch. So I'm going to intervene.

notdart September 22nd, 2021 01:31

I can't answer your specific question as it might relate to yourself; but in scanning this thread there were two sets of comments I saw:
insults to the article itself (which I think are fine with some valid comment why it is a poor list)
(direct) insult to the person who posted the news article which I think are not appropriate. The title of the news post is what the author gave his stream and if misleading is misleading to the extent that that the video itself is misleading but to insult the news poster for the author's failing is at best crude. And yes I think @Couchpotato post a lot of really nice news but I'm not sure that is relevant to this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rune_74 (Post 1061655833)

Couchpotato September 22nd, 2021 01:35

Also here was the article about Guardians of the Galaxy.:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 1061653266)
Not a scoop, Guardians of the Galaxy is really more an adventure game than an RPG. But here are some details:

Just how deep are the RPG elements in the Guardians of the Galaxy game? Here's what the developers say

Nereida September 22nd, 2021 01:38

I appreciate the post, couple games I like from that list.

Probably a good time to replay Skyrim too!

Silver September 22nd, 2021 02:07

Personally I don't mind some snarkiness. Its better than having to worry about whether you've offended someone and self censoring. That shit is really insidious.

Silver September 22nd, 2021 02:11

Quote:

Well the ignore function doesn't really work that well in the first place. As all it does is put your post in a spoiler like tag saying this member is on your ignore list.

In my defense I like to semi-troll with sarcasm and humor. It's not always taken well. So give @HiddenX and @Silver my most humble apologizes if I ever slighted them.

Now I believe that's it as I'm getting way off-topic.:biggrin:

Dude. I don't even care. If I want/demand sunshine and rainbows all the time then do worry.

Ripper September 22nd, 2021 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver (Post 1061655847)
Personally I don't mind some snarkiness. Its better than having to worry about whether you've offended someone and self censoring. That shit is really insidious.

Cool. I'll be sure to let the buggers ravage your threads. :p

Look, we're not talking about sunshine and rainbows - I just notice when a pattern of behaviour is bothering someone. When that someone is dedicating time to our benefit and keeping the site going, I don't think that's cool. In fact, I think it's embarrassing, and if it were me, I'd sometimes be thinking, "Why am I wasting my time with these pricks?" So, I'm giving a member of the team some support. Doesn't strike me as a particularly sinister idea. But, regardless, that's what's going to happen.

Silver September 22nd, 2021 02:40

Well regardless of intent people will start to self censor themselves. I've seen it happen too often and sites often turn out worse for it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that jazz. The comments I've seen in this thread seem a complete non issue.

Ripper September 22nd, 2021 02:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver (Post 1061655851)
Well regardless of intent people will start to self censor themselves. I've seen it happen too often and sites often turn out worse for it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that jazz. The comments I've seen in this thread seem a complete non issue.

Well, self-censorship is something we all do all the time in order to function in society. In fact, if the brain is damaged, sometimes people lose the ability to do so, and their lives are a nightmare. The ability to think, "No, that's unnecessarily shitty - I won't say that," is part of being a functioning human being, not some Orwellian paranoid fantasy.

Anyhow, I don't think it's a big deal. I'm just asking people to consider the impact of their twatty comments, and not to be surprised if they actually have to notice I'm a moderator on this one. :)

Silver September 22nd, 2021 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper (Post 1061655853)
Anyhow, I don't think it's a big deal. I'm just asking people to consider the impact of their twatty comments, and not to be surprised if they actually have to notice I'm a moderator on this one. :)

Well actually no. Your asking people to imagine what may offend someone regardless of whether that is a reasonable interpretation or not. Posts should be judged on their content not by the most likely to be offended.

Ripper September 22nd, 2021 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver (Post 1061655854)
Well actually no. Your asking people to imagine what may offend someone regardless of whether that is a reasonable interpretation or not.

No, I'm asking them to consider whether their comments are a dick move, given that someone is giving up their time to provide them with a service for free. Really not that complicated.

Silver September 22nd, 2021 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper (Post 1061655855)
No, I'm asking them to consider whether their comments are a dick move, given that someone is giving up their time to provide them with a service for free. Really not that complicated.

All the comments have commented on the post not the poster. I'm failing to see an issue here. I'll agree to disagree but this sort of thing seems to be becoming a pattern here.

Ripper September 22nd, 2021 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver (Post 1061655856)
All the comments have commented on the post not the poster. I'm failing to see an issue here.

That's fine. I do see the issue, and I'm the one that has to make the moderation decision. I've explained my take on it, and given people fair warning. If others want to start making a song and dance about how Ripper's reign of censorship terror has begun, that at least might be entertaining. :p