M&M: Heroes VI - Interview @ Hooked Gamers

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Might & Magic: Heroes VI Lead Level Designer Julien Pirou and Associate Producer Max von Knorring have been interviewed at Hooked Gamers:
Hooked Gamers: In Might & Magic Heroes VI, there will be a heavier focus on developing your character and players will be able to (quote) “create the hero you want to embody”. It certainly sounds exciting, but what does it all mean? :) And how does the Reputation system fit into all of that? What does it do?

Max: In previous Heroes the random factor was quite high – when your Hero was leveling up, you had a choice between several skills but they were picked randomly. So at times it could be frustrating because you could never build the Hero you wanted.

Julien: In Heroes VI we wanted to propose something a bit different, where you can always see all the paths you can take to build your Hero, so the choice is really up to you. And of course we’ve brought back the Might and Magic classes for each faction.
The reputation is another way to emphasize the fact you can now build your Hero to reflect your favored playstyle. A Blood Hero will be more an aggressive, damage-dealer kind of Hero, while a Tears Hero is more about support and economy.
More information.

Last edited:
That's "Julien Pirou" by the way, no Max there. I know the guy. ;)

Wonder if this one will be any good.sounds promising. I played the crap out of the first one. Started getting bored during the second.never played 3,4 or 5. Might try this one though.

I rarely play anything that isn't pure crpg, but I've always made exceptions for HoMM and King's Bounty. I still haven't played either expansion, saving those for a rainy day.

No one asked the question....where is the main series of games...might and magic?

Let's think this to the end : What does this kind of thinking mean for today's markets ?

Back
Top Bottom