DA:O Inventory

Dragon Age: Origins

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
So the inventory thing. 70 items. I noticed that the "Quest Board" rewards make carrying ordinary loot sort of pointless. A 5 minute quest can be worth 3 sovereigns while a set of studded leather is only worth say 100 silver?

Is anyone else just leaving all the non-bonus stuff on the field?

I've not left any piece of junk behind yet and haven't had my inventory be full yet either.

In Ostagar you can buy 2 Backpacks that upgrade your inventory by 10 slots each. These are 55ish silver each. You can buy 1 when you first get there, and then he restocks while you're in the Korcari Wilds and you can get another when you come back from there.

You definitely want to get both of those backpacks because apparently they go up in price after that. There may be cheaper one's elsewhere but the next one I found cost me over 7 friggin gold (from the vendor in your camp). I hope there are other cheaper one's at various towns but I've restarted so many times I'm just now really getting into the game so don't know that for sure.

Moral of the story…check all merchants for Backpacks (it's in the Other tab) and always buy them. And then recheck them every time you come back to that merchant just in case.

Argh, I completely missed those backpacks in Ostagar, probably because I've got into the habit of never buying anything in RPGs unless it's absolutely necessary.

Hehe, me too DPB, though I did buy one in Ostagar just to see how it worked. It's probably not that big of a deal, though. Money isn't so easy to come by at early levels and I'm pretty sure there's a cap on how many backpacks you can actually use.

I didnt shop in Ostagar. Oh well! Sold crap in Camp. 7 Sovys for a sack? I should get a free horse for that extortion!

I forgot to get the backpacks in Ostagar as well. Still, i tried to pick up every pieces of loot i found and haven't got issue with inventory fulled as i always sell them ASAP when i'm in town.

An unrelated inventory question: Do people who suddenly leave your party get to keep the equipment you had "given" them, such as armour and weapons?

I'm guessing they do, but I just want to check for sure.

An unrelated inventory question: Do people who suddenly leave your party get to keep the equipment you had "given" them, such as armour and weapons?

I'm guessing they do, but I just want to check for sure.

No, whatever they had goes back to your inventory. This is different than when you have more companions than you can have so they stay at 'camp', they keep their inventory since you can add/remove them at will.

Heh, and here I've been removing the stuff off people at points where I anticipate they might be leaving my party - such as just before the final scene with the mage "Origin" story, if you chose to believe a certain person...

Thanks, Wolfing.

Back
Top Bottom