Witcher 3 - To be the Final Game in the Witcher Series

aries100

SasqWatch
CD Project RED issued a press release a couple of days ago announcing this game, as we told you here. Reading through the press release we learn that:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the final episode of the award-winning RPG series and the last part of the legend of Geralt of Rivia. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the most robust and breathtaking game ever created by CD Projekt RED. Open world free-roaming exploration is an adventure in itself as the player will gallop through war-ravaged lands, sail misty waters and track down dangerous beasts for money.
Thanks to Lemonhead in our forums for catching this as well.

Thanks also goes to our forumites who are discussing the features in the game here.
More information.

So, future games will be open world sandbox in the Witcher setting with customizable protagonist?

Sign me up!

Please just kill him off so we can actually start playing our own Witcher, instead of the bullshit playing as Garret. This false "neutral protagonist" narrative is just ridiculously bad.

CD Project RED 'had' ('has' if they pull their head our of their …) so much potential with this world and talent to waste on false narrative stories and quests. It's like their are two different teams one really talented writers creating some original quests. Then some evil team sneaks in at night and completely screws up the quests with fake neutral choices.

Please don't make me remember that stupid quest in Witcher 1 chapter 3 "the girlfriend choice" or even worst Abigale. :'(

CDP does not control or own The Witcher though. The author (Andrzej Sapkowski) does, and so far the whole series (books, that is) has been about Geralt as far as I know. Simply adding another main character is not up to CDP at all, it's up to Sapkowski.

CDP does not control or own The Witcher though. The author (Andrzej Sapkowski) does, and so far the whole series (books, that is) has been about Geralt as far as I know. Simply adding another main character is not up to CDP at all, it's up to Sapkowski.

You would think people would know that. The Witcher is based on Geralt because that is what the author wanted in his contract more than likely. The series is based on just him not others. Suffice it to say I don't care what route they take character choices are set protagonist doesn't matter to me.

Variety is the key word all games shouldn't follow the same pattern just because some want certain features. There is room for all types of rpg's. I know one thing they better not kill him as that will be very cliched if they do. I don't need another ME3.

What… gave you this idea?

Sapkowski - an antisocial grump - doesn't give a damn about The Witcher games and he never influenced development in any way.

Actually, he despises them a little bit. And I can't blame him for that. The Witcher games may be ambitious and fun but… Gerlat has never been a jedi knight with time stopping spells and fireballs, living in a high fantasy world. Gaming industry has a weird definition of "faithful adaptation".

As somebody who likes the Witcher "world" but greatly dislikes games that force you into a set role\gender, I'm happy! I just wish they did it from the outset rather than after 3 games. It's not like the games follow the books anyway, but I guess they were afraid that fans wouldn't buy them if they weren't about Geralt.

I - for one - would welcome the chance to create my own persona - and especially to have a wider arsenal to choose from.

As long as the writing is still at the same high level - I'd consider that a major step up.

Back
Top Bottom