RPGWatch Forums
Page 11 of 324 « First 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What games are you playing now? (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139)

abbaon March 21st, 2007 20:26

X3. A wonderful, horrible game.

txa1265 March 21st, 2007 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 23216)
I got Silverfall last night

Say it with me … 9.1GB on disk! Crap, my disk is getting full.

dteowner March 21st, 2007 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbaon (Post 23228)
X3. A wonderful, horrible game.

Care to share a little more detail on that opinion? I've got X3 sitting on my shelf waiting for me to rob the local 7-11 to fund a new rig. After having a grand old time with X2, I'm curious what I've got waiting for me.

JemyM March 21st, 2007 21:19

My friend is babbling my ear off about S.T.A.L.K.E.R but im stuck with Fable: The Lost Chapters for now. It took awhile for me to appreciate it but now when the story have gone serious I enjoy it more.

crpgnut March 21st, 2007 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatBastard() (Post 23217)
Oi! That's my character you're playing there buddy. If you tell you're playing an elf on top of that I'm going to sue you for plagiarism ;)

Yep, I'm playing an elven girl, FB. She throws lots of fireballs and then goes werepanther if she feels like meleeing.

fatBastard() March 21st, 2007 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 23234)
Yep, I'm playing an elven girl, FB. She throws lots of fireballs and then goes werepanther if she feels like meleeing.

Aaarrgghh!!! That's it! You're toast you thieving nut. :p

I've almost maxed out the entire fire tree and I also change into the werepanther for claw ripping galore … now if you also name her TreeHugger I'm really going to freak out :S

Role-Player March 21st, 2007 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hindukönig (Post 22914)
Playing Oblivion right now. Feels like a dumbed-down Morrowind in every aspect.

How can you say that? It got dozens upon dozens of high scores from videogame journalists! Just kidding, indeed it does feel and plays like an inferior version of Morrowind… Which is sad considering how dumbed-down Morrowind often felt compared to Daggerfall. I'm still waiting for someone to remake the old classics with new engines and current technology, though - Daggerfall, System Shock 2, Thief 2, X-Com…

Currently going the Closed Fist path (read: thug for hire) with Jade Empire: Special Edition. Also doing Anachronox, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and… That's it for the moment. My Space Rangers 2 copy is begging me to touch it but I'm finding myself with very little time to play all I want. Why the hell do people need to become grownups?

Shagnak March 22nd, 2007 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Role-Player (Post 23236)
Why the hell do people need to become grownups?

Tell me about it :D

Currently I'm working from home while helping the missus with our new twins. My life is…feed, nappies, tidy-up, work (programming), 5 minute break to cruise the interweb…multiple iterations and not necessarily in that order.

Ostensibly, I'm playing JE right now. Though I'm not finding the time to actually do so.:-/

Corwin March 22nd, 2007 01:16

RP, SS2 is current enough that it doesn't really need a remake, but SS1 would be fantastic. Get SR2 out and get into it; fun game that you can actually play in small grabs. Anachronox was definitely under-rated once you get past the first section. I'd love to see DF remade with the Ob engine!! What amazes me, is that companies don't see the potential in remaking more of the classics; Hollywood does it all the time very successfully and the risk is very low. One day……. :)

curious March 22nd, 2007 01:46

hey corwin did you ever play anachronox with the patches made by one of the devs that fixes things like adding a taxi service that cuts down on what most people found far too much travelling back and forth on the first world?

Corwin March 22nd, 2007 02:14

No, I didn't even hear about those patches. That would vastly improve the game, with only the final section needing some work. (Having spent considerable time beating the 'final' boss, I hadn't saved before being swept into the unexpected final section, pretty beat up. That section was WAY tougher than anything else and I didn't last long. With being now forced to replay the boss fight as well, I uninstalled instead!!

curious March 22nd, 2007 04:07

check out planet anachronox if you ever want to give them a try or find out any other info.
patch link
http://www.planetanachronox.com/anox…s/gamepatches/

Corwin March 22nd, 2007 07:01

Thanks, I will. I thought Planet A had been discontinued!!

Dez March 22nd, 2007 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 23189)
Dez, I love that game, it's probably my all time favorite console game. It's good to see another fan of that series here.

What version are you playing? Gamecube, PS2, or PC?

Pc-version here. Its funny because all the previous re-games I own (re1.re2.re3) are psx versions :). Still it didn't took long before I adabted playing it with keyboard only.. Yes it sucks that game doesn't have mouse-support. How retarded can it be to port a game to pc and not support a mouse? :p Well luckily controls are easy to get.

By the way Its shame they never ported codename veronica to pc.

txa1265 March 22nd, 2007 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dez (Post 23268)
Pc-version here. Its funny because all the previous re-games I own (re1.re2.re3) are psx versions :). Still it didn't took long before I adabted playing it with keyboard only.. Yes it sucks that game doesn't have mouse-support. How retarded can it be to port a game to pc and not support a mouse? :p Well luckily controls are easy to get.

I have heard nothing but bad things about this version … the graphics and lighting are all changed, controls are FUBAR, and so on.

JDR13 March 22nd, 2007 13:47

If you're a hardcore Resident Evil fan then you really must own a Gamecube(or Wii). It's the only platform where you can get the entire series, and they even ported RE1, 2, and 3 with higher resolution. RE1 is a complete remake that's even better than the original.

txa1265 March 22nd, 2007 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 23270)
If you're a hardcore Resident Evil fan then you really must own a Gamecube(or Wii). It's the only platform where you can get the entire series, and they even ported RE1, 2, and 3 with higher resolution. RE1 is a complete remake that's even better than the original.

I've only played the DS version of RE 1. I know the voice acting is supposedly laughably bad, and maybe it is too many poorly voice acted Eastern European RPG's, but I didn't get the joke …

We have a Cube (& Wii), too bad I'm not a Console guy or I'd try RE4 out …

Dez March 22nd, 2007 15:23

Well I'm a student doing part-time work occasionally..so the current cash flow doesn't allow me to get new hw for my pc and buy new consoles at the same time, Life is choises! :)

txa: Can't really comment how it differs from the console versions, but I agree there is something wrong with lightning. Otherwise graphics look okey to me. As for the controls..well they have always been FUBAR in all the resident evil games! :). Its one of the trademarks like the crappy voice acting! :biggrin:

JDR13 March 22nd, 2007 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by txa1265 (Post 23271)
I've only played the DS version of RE 1. I know the voice acting is supposedly laughably bad, and maybe it is too many poorly voice acted Eastern European RPG's, but I didn't get the joke …

We have a Cube (& Wii), too bad I'm not a Console guy or I'd try RE4 out …

Imho there's not many games worth playing on consoles if you're used to playing PC games. I hold handhelds in even lower regard, although I can see the value of them if you're someone who travels a lot or has long break times at work.

I'm going to Hawaii at the end of June and was thinking of buying a Gameboy Advance and one of the Final Fantasy games for the 11 hour flight.

btw: It's a shame about the crappy PC version of RE4. The Gamecube\Wii version has excellent controls.

Role-Player March 22nd, 2007 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corwin (Post 23246)
RP, SS2 is current enough that it doesn't really need a remake, but SS1 would be fantastic. Get SR2 out and get into it; fun game that you can actually play in small grabs. Anachronox was definitely under-rated once you get past the first section. I'd love to see DF remade with the Ob engine!! What amazes me, is that companies don't see the potential in remaking more of the classics; Hollywood does it all the time very successfully and the risk is very low. One day……. :)

Very true, Corwin. System Shock would probably benefit more with a remake than the sequel; but as a personal favorite I would enjoy seeing the game done justice in visual terms, something that I felt often drove people away from it. Daggerfall in Oblivion's engine would be very nice as long as its features and gameplay remained intact :)

crpgnut March 23rd, 2007 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatBastard() (Post 23235)
… now if you also name her TreeHugger I'm really going to freak out :S

Nope. Being the male chauvinist pig that I am, I named her Dumi Now. My hot little blue-haired Minx :)

Cormac March 24th, 2007 23:57

At last, I managed to trash Titan Quest's terrible titan, Typhon. What a lame ending, though. Off to Hades now.
Of course I'm also playing Puzzle Quest, and I just begun Front Mission 4 on the PS2, a TBS with titanic mechs.

JemyM March 27th, 2007 17:38

Im stuck with unhappy choices again.

Titan Quest, if I can pull myself together and get my girlfriend to play it and wanting to play it myself.

Metal Gear, on MSX. Im playing the Metal Gear series in order. MG1, 2, MGS1 and 2. Kinda like a last resort since I said I would play the series when I had nothing else to play.

Then I have two games, Call of Juarez and Splinter Cell Double Agent which currently doesnt work on the current nvidia drivers.

narpet March 27th, 2007 18:04

I'm still playing Avernum 4. I started around the middle of February and I'm probably only about half-way through. Man am I slow :)
I play almost every night for 1 to 2 hours, so you can figure I've put at least 38 hours into it at this point, and like I said, I think I'm about half-way through. Talk about bang for your buck in a RPG ;)

I really love this game, it's a blast.

mudsling3 March 28th, 2007 06:26

stalker, not your everyday FPS and the apprehension reminds me of playing Gothic for the first time. Just wish I have more time.

titus March 28th, 2007 10:08

mmm, I read the discussion of stalker being a rpg or not, it seemed a interestign game, but comparing it to the holy Gothic?
I really have to try it than
Wee your bones if you were sacriligious :P

Krzychu March 28th, 2007 23:54

*Wheeze*

I've been a busy bee! :)

I've finished Neverwinter Nights 2. Despite what I promised myself earlier, I didn't start all over again right after finishing my first playthrough. Not that I didn't want to, there were just too many other games demanding my attention. ;) I must say that I really liked NWN2!

I started *and* finished No One Lives Forever 2. Though not as good as the first part, it was still worth my time. Too bad it's so short! Cate Archer rules. :biggrin:

I've made progress in Gothic 3. I think I'm near the end, actually. Hm, I find it somewhat worrying that I haven't finished G3 since it's release in my country. But hey, it's not my fault that loading a save takes so much time. And that the game maliciously crashes if I've been playing for a long time without saving. D'oh! Since it's not a game that I can launch and play for five minutes when I have a moment of free time, I play G3 only during weekends - and not always. Curse you G3! - why do you have to be so good, yet so "difficult" to play?!

I've finally installed a pack of Premium NWN Modules (ShadowGuard, Kingmaker, Witch's Wake). So far I played Shadowguard and Kingmaker. I especially liked the latter, even though it crashed a lot for reasons unknown to me. I'll probably try Witch's Wake in a few days.

When Jade Empire arrived, I almost immediately bought it… to find out that it runs on WinXp, and WinXp only*. Which means that I can't play it. :'( Bugger! So far, my Jade Empire collects dust. But it sure looks good while doing it. *sigh*
*Well it supposedly runs on Vista, but that doesn't help me at all.

Right now I'm playing Deus Ex again. I got to Paris, which means I'm past my favourite part - Hong Kong.

JemyM April 1st, 2007 17:21

After finishing Metal Gear (MSX), Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX) and Metal Gear Solid (PSX), I am currently playing Metal Gear Solid 2 (PC).

curious April 2nd, 2007 09:49

well as i got the new video card instead of buying stalker or cc3 i decided to play the other game i got bundled with nightwatch used on ebay for ~15 total--hitman:blood money. i've never played more than demos of the hitman games, and i wasn't all that impressed with the hbm demo either but as i basically got it for free i thought i'd give it a go. after the first level i have been blown away by the varying level design and options available to complete the levels. i played the first 2levels at expert but had to drop down to normal level as 3 saves was getting to be kind of insane for my first time through. the planning in this game reminds me quite a bit of the thief games and it takes even more creativity to try and remove as many people non lethally as possible without them seeing you. i knocked (fists) nearly everyone out on the first few levels only to realize that duh i guess that makes them a witness. i figure i'm about halfway through the game which half of that was today as last evening i also loaded up anachronox last night as its been over 3 years now since my last playthrough of it was beconing so i played the first part up to the departure to sender station.

Danicek April 3rd, 2007 19:56

Giving Jade Empire a try while trying to figure out how to pass the last few battles in NWN2 on hardcore mode.

xSamhainx April 3rd, 2007 21:12

Warhammer 40K : Winter Assault

JemyM April 4th, 2007 00:03

Done with the Metal Gear games I can play atm, I have moved onto the Oblivion expansions. I have finished Knights of the Nine and played some of the Shivering Isles expansion.

abbaon April 4th, 2007 08:47

Shivering Isles. It's padded out the ass with dungeons. After you get done with the Court of Madness, you see nothing else for the rest of the game. Each of them has a plot or a puzzle, so there's nothing as dull as Miscarcand (the legendary Really Big Ayleid Ruin, Like Wow). They just don't take advantage of the setting. 'Pity.

Zaleukos April 4th, 2007 11:43

Splitting my time between Imperialism II, Morrowind, and Icewind Dale 2 atm.

Sir Markus April 4th, 2007 12:13

I just picked up a 'lite' puzzle game called Kyodai Mahjong, which is excellent.

I'm also trying to finally finish the second D.R.O.D game, but the last levels are brutal. As far as a-ticket games, I'm currently deciding whether I'm going to get into Stalker or Jade Empire, probably JE so I can wait for a patch for Stalker.

JemyM April 4th, 2007 17:24

Finished most quests outside the main quest in Shivering Isles. I had to give it a break due to boredom.

Corwin April 5th, 2007 00:34

My son did a terrible thing the other day; he re-installed FO2 on my PC and I can't stop playing it!! :)

Khass April 5th, 2007 23:03

Syberia 2. Played the first installment about a year ago, and since then I've forgotten some of its magic, but playing the sequel now is simply great. :)

@ Corwin - FO2 = Fallout 2? I'm not very good with game name abbreviations …

JDR13 April 5th, 2007 23:10

Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. now and loving it. I really like the atmosphere in this game, it's like Gothic with guns:)

mudsling3 April 6th, 2007 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 24843)
Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. now and loving it. I really like the atmosphere in this game, it's like Gothic with guns:)

Now you're talking! In addition, you can die at any moment just like in Gothic, quick save and save often.