The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III - Released

Just so you know it's -15% for standard edition on GMG.
I see no reason to buy deluxe, seems you get irrelevant items for too much of $.

Me? Bought of course. Will start as soon as I'm done with Kiwami2, means in a few days.

Let's do this.

Last edited:
I don't think I'll make it. I started ToCS 1 in January and am on chapter 5. 50 odd hours. But I have to force myself to play. The rep from fans is that there's this great world building and deep NPCs, but neither of those things are true.

I don't think I'll make it. I started ToCS 1 in January and am on chapter 5. 50 odd hours. But I have to force myself to play. The rep from fans is that there's this great world building and deep NPCs, but neither of those things are true.

For you.

Sorry you feel this way. I consider it the best jrpg I've played.

The best jRPG that is available on PC is Valkyria Chronicles. IMO.
But LoH series came close - all they need is to remove endless respawns and we got a winner. ;)

Note also that HZD might change all my feelings when released on PC.

hzd? What is that?

Nevermind, horizon zero dawn...not realluy an rpg more an action game like grand theft auto...obviously a different story...

Some PC features that are not on Gameboys:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/991270/announcements/detail/1806446683762590792
A timed autosave feature with custom save intervals.
Configurable turbo modes with separate factors for battles and other gameplay.
Arbitrary framerate support up to 480 FPS.
A large range of Field of View adjustments.
Arbitrary resolution support (tested up to 8k), with all secondary rendertargets scaling correctly with the main resolution.
Several MSAA modes, and optional transparency supersampling.
High-quality ambient occlusion in the form of HBAO+.
A high-quality postprocessing effects option.
Flexible input rebinding for both keyboard/mouse inputs and gamepads, with the correct re-bound prompts showing up in all in-game tutorials.
An unlimited drawing range option for high-end systems to eliminate pop-in.
Support for utrawide 21:9 aspect ratios.

480FPS? Does a display that suports that even exist? lol

I was very disappointed when they decided not to support the PS Vita for Trails of Cold Steel III ... *especially* since it was the highest selling platform for both #1 and #2!!! I have always loved the Legend of Heroes games, but have played every one on a Sony handheld, from the ‘Tales of Vermillion’ launch-day PSP game through Trails of Cold Steel II. I tried on PC, but just not my preferred mode of play. Crap. :(

But… IIRC Vita is discontinued ages ago and every developer already abandoned it.

If you can't play ToCS3 on PC for any reasons, assuming you don't want to buy PS4, soon it'll appear also on Nintendo Switch:
https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Heroes-Trails-Extracurricular-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B08226KDRD

Yeah, I guess it was more than 3 years since Trails of Cold Steel II released in NA/EU and PS Vita was officially discontinued last year ... oh well! Still interesting that the PS Vita version of that outsold the PS3 and PS4 versions ... combined! Which is why TOCS III has been one of the lowest selling entries in the series.

And thanks for the link to the Switch version. Will have to check that out when it launches (end of May it says right now).

Back
Top Bottom