Nvidia DSR

Ripper

Зичу Вам успіхів
I've been experimenting with this feature, Dynamic Super Resolution, in the Nvidia driver. It renders the game at a much higher resolution, then scales it back to fit your monitor. At first glance, that might seem like a pointless thing to do, but it actually makes a big difference to image quality. For example, my monitor is only 1080p, but rendering the game at 4K still looks great - you are essentially looking at a smoothed out 1080p version of a much more detailed scene, which looks significantly better. It also looks much nicer blown up on my projector.

4K monitors are very nice, but I'm waiting on the models that will have true HDR before investing in one (I've seen a UHD Premium OLED screen, and the difference is jaw-dropping). In the meantime, I find this option to be a good one.

I used to use it quite a bit before I got my 21:9 monitor. I do still use it with my projector though.

Biggest drawback though is that it doesn't work with sli. Seems to me rendering games at silly high resolutions would be tailor made for sli, come on nvidia.

Yeah, I was having a mess about with DSR the other day in Dark Souls 2. Wasn't working properly for me, was getting massive tearing with GSYNC on.

What I notice most raising my resolution is an effect similar to anti-aliasing. Because my old TV set from 1990 displays clear images in 720x576, I've always run with a "medium" res and more AA rather than a higher res without, assuming that with enough new technology turned on we'd end up with graphics as good as the picture in movies running at the same resolution.

I used this awhile back, too. A downscaled 4K-to-1080p resolution will look better than native 1080p.

I have a 55" 4K TV that I use as a monitor and just run everything in native 4k resolution now.

It seems that SLI is working with DSR now. The combination that apparently doesn't work is SLI + DSR + Gsync.

One would think that Nvidia would make sure that everything would work togheter as long as you use their technology.... anyhow I guess it is only a small amount of users with that combination.....

It seems that SLI is working with DSR now. The combination that apparently doesn't work is SLI + DSR + Gsync.

Thanks, didn't know that. I'll check it out on my projector. Of course I have a gsync monitor now though.

Back
Top Bottom