Kingdom Come - Launch Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be released tomorrow - here's the launch trailer:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - In Nomine Patris

Brothers in Gaming – Forget your former life and embrace your new vocation. The service of RPG's– obedience & endurance of all discomfort. These are cornerstones and succor of our Game.... which on this day... shall become your own. Accept your new adventure.... play it with honor....and welcome..... to Kingdom Come: Deliverance!
More information.

It's been a long wait. Can't wait to play it.

Early reviews are very divisive - either like it or hate it (kinda expected this, though)
Console version (PS4) seems to be broken, so I'll give the game a month to patch up
before purchase.

(Fortunately my backlog is soooo huge, I can somewhat bear the extra wait)

74 on Metacritic for the PC version so far, but it's mostly just a bunch of obscure sites that have their reviews in so far. One consistent theme in the reviews seems to be that it's buggy as hell.

buggy as hell.
On PC? Seriously?
That remains to be seen aka I don't believe it a single bit.
Will check it myself in a few hours.

EDIT:
Okay, SLI doesn't work. That's not a bug but a feature. Yes I know reviewers have SLI Titans and I can't care less about that travesty that was supposed to die already and to be replaced by vulkan/dx12.

Other memory corruption or something bugs?
As someone else mentioned, there's no options for completing a trade with a merchant.

UPDATE: A restart fixed it (and my map problem).

Then there are reports like this:
-Being unable to turn 360 while running with the controller.
And we all know how reviewers play games.

Last edited:
Reviews are coming in and for the most part they're not good. Most say 'good ideas, bad execution', lots of bugs, the saving system sucks, the controls in PC are bad.

Re: bugs.
I've read about all varieties of issues…
… however, certain reviewers are quite confused about the game,
… so they just tend to dislike it
… hence they just angrily rant and not objectively report (this is somewhat the trend nowadays in hipster journalism, so I won't complain, just note)

So: I'm not quite sure if the bugs are technical (CryEngine?), or gameplay-related (broken features?), or console-specific (bad port?).

Regardless: according to the early reviews, the game seems to be broken (at least on PS4), therefore I'll wait for a more mature release.

On PC? Seriously?

The comparison to Oblivion wasn't just because of the medieval open world setting. It's janky.

I've seen a lots of comparison to Mount&Blade combat too (from early impressions), so I suspect many reviewers tried to button smash their way through like they do in every other action games and failed terribly.

The game was never meant for everyone, it's way too focused on realism for that.

I think some bake time is in order for this one. Not surprised early videos looked incredibly bug ridden

Early videos from PC? Link me one please, I just can't find any.

I've played four hours with little issue. Main thing is getting used to the combat system but once you do your fine. You have to accept that you are a weak nobody at the start but you have options to overcome different challenges and it is possible to prevail if you are sensible.

On PC? Seriously?

Attack of the Fanboy says:

Putting this all together, there would be fun to be had here if the game wasn’t such a complete mess technically, while at the same time offering uninspired quests for the majority of it. Kingdom Come: Deliverance feels like an early access title. Bugs and glitches galore were found all across the PC version that we tested. Sure, there were the funny bugs that endear people to games like Skyrim and Fallout, and then there were the game-breakers like broken scripting that required you to completely restart missions due to things not showing up when they should. We encountered far too many to list in this review, but there were so many simple things, like walking through a door for example, that were completely broken. It’s entirely unacceptable for things like this to exist in an open world game.

But you are right its probably not on PC. And I dont belive that comparison to EA title.

And this reviewer probably revealed something about himself: :)

Which leads to the uninspired quests system of the game and the general lack of direction that the game gives the player when actually trying to complete them.

While Gamewatcher says:

…having key items subtly placed rather than conveniently glowing for ease of detection, requiring investigative work to be undertaken or even making clever deductions that are never stated but always logical. While these shorter-term moments may feel needlessly grating or frustrating when the answer or solution remains out of sight, Kingdom Come: Deliverance at its best manages to find that balance of give and take. Of players putting the effort in and getting rewarded in ways that may well pull up a few surprises along the way.

Attack of the Fanboy says:
That side hates PC and last review I remember reading there that was at least mildly satisfying article was - never.
Can't now remember if they had criticized lack of handholding elsewhere.

Anyway:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332339802787/
Jaiseck / GSecurity
I agree, they need to change the lock picking mechanics, it's just a plain garbage even at very easy.

Vidicus
Use your mouse and keyboard instead of a controller for the lockpicking. Exit lock if the sweet spot is far from center. Keep trying until you get it near center, then its easy.
Haven't even started the game yet, I'm already liking it.

Guy in that thread just assumes (correctly I guess?) that the complainers are using controllers, doesn't even have to ask. Wow, when did using controllers on the PC become so widespread? Is it possible it's contagious? Hope there's a vaccine.

What do you mean when.

1. When mainstream audience watched last Mission Impossible movie where an idiot is playing some game on PC using mushrooms. Did critics pointed the finger into that travesty? No, they praised the movie.

2. When YouTube reviewers like Angry Joe film themselves playing games on PC using mushrooms. There is not a single comment below those videos about that.

That aside, when it comes to real bugs that aren't CTD or technical whatnot, a huge spoiler that's most probably a bug/exploit (a player can K.O. a specific trashmob and net a reward perhaps too rich for that stage):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332339846437/
And another exploit that allows gaining combat skills levels indefinetly turning the protagonist into godlike being before even scratching the game progression:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332339188140/?ctp=6#c1700542332339687287

Wow, when did using controllers on the PC become so widespread?

Where have you been in the last 10 years? Game developers have been using controllers when developing games for PCs for years now, including PC exclusive games.

There is few "kb/mouse" PC gamers left on the planet really. We are an endangered species.

edit:
I've been reading comments on the sub-reddit on the game and people are starting to get jealous that they aren't getting glitches when seeing what others are getting...and those glitches looks a lot like Skyrim start getting all buggered up (which only happened to me because of a bad mod load order...).

Last edited:
It is very easy to hook up a controller to your pc....hello last 10 years...

Back
Top Bottom