Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics - Kickstarter successful

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Kickstarter campaign for the Strategy RPG Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is already a success:

Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics

In the Achtung! Cthulhu universe, a band of Allied heroes fight the Secret War against the Nazi Black Sun and their rivals Nachtwolfe. The Nazi factions have turned to the ancient and terrible powers of the Mythos, weaponizing evil to win the war. This move is starting to yield results as, powered with ancient secrets and terrible Mythos allies, Black Sun and Nachtwolfe are on the verge of unleashing terrible weapons upon the Allied forces. It is your job to stop them - by any means necessary.

In the spirit of Allied cooperation, Auroch Digital has teamed with the creators of Achtung! Cthulhu, Modiphius and indie publisher Ripstone to bring this award-winning tabletop RPG to a computer screen near you!

Ripstone have been amazingly supportive and are funding the single player game for release in Q4 2018. However, there’s much more we want to add to the game! We want you to join us in the next phase of the Secret War in raising some extra war bonds to make Achtung! Cthulhu even more amazing. Over the last five years since the original Achtung! Cthulhu RPG smashed its goals on Kickstarter the team at Modiphius have created lots and lots of great characters for the setting. For us to add them all takes a lot more time and resources; for each unit our team need to make a set of boned 3D meshes, new animations and more. We've got the core sorted and locked down but we really need the Pathfinder Demon Hunters to enter the fray! These elite spiritual Native American warriors bring a mixture of ancient knowledge and modern day firepower into the fight that the Allied heroes desperately need.
More information.

I'd never heard of the Achtung! Cthulhu universe. I thought HiddenX was just very excited about this news post. :p

Sounds pretty neat! I had never heard of this before either but "nazis + elder horrors from beyond" is a tried and true concept.

Hope it all works out.

Is the guy narrating the video the voice actor that played Diego in Gothic 1 and Vesemir in the Witcher series? Awesome. I'd recognize that voice anywhere.

William Roberts? It does sound like him, and he lives in the UK which is where these guys seem to be located.

Funny thing, until you posted that, I never realized Diego and Vesemir were both voiced by him. I feel stupid now considering how much I like both of those series, but it's probably because Diego was voiced by a different person in each game.

William Roberts? It does sound like him, and he lives in the UK which is where these guys seem to be located.

Funny thing, until you posted that, I never realized Diego and Vesemir were both voiced by him. I feel stupid now considering how much I like both of those series, but it's probably because Diego was voiced by a different person in each game.

Interesting. For me Diego was so tied to the voice actor, that when they changed the voice actor in Gothic 2 I was extremely disappointed. And then when I played Witcher 1 back in 2007-2008, the moment I heard Vesemir I was certain I'd heard the guy before. Somehow it's weird when the same voice actor is used for different characters. My most immersion-breaking voice actor has to be Simon Templeman, who played Kain in the LOK series. When I heard him in Dragon Age Origins I was immediately taken out of it.

Let's see what we've got here…

> plenty of concept art, check!
> rotating weapon model, check!
> single 3D character model, not animated, check!

Yep, I'd say they're well on their way to the launching point of a million uncompleted computer games!

Let's see what we've got here…

> plenty of concept art, check!
> rotating weapon model, check!
> single 3D character model, not animated, check!

Yep, I'd say they're well on their way to the launching point of a million uncompleted computer games!

Not sure I follow. Neither Wasteland 2 or Pillar's of Eternity had even that to show during their Kickstarter, and both games were completed and delivered.

Also, the base game has already been funded. The KS campaign was for a few different units as well as a marketing push.

Am I really that subtle? Those two games were backed by long (really long) established developers. Before Kickstarter, games boasting a handful of humble "assets" like this were announced about once a week. What percent of them ever made it to an alpha? Back-of-the-napkin estimate: <1%.

The fact they got the little bit of funding they asked for means nothing at all. Right now, they're one step past the stage where your buddy tells you about the dream game he would like to make one day.

inXile was a really long established developer? Pray tell, what games please.

Also, Obsidian was basically broke at the time. They were a few financial problems from shutting down at the time of the KS.

Notwithstanding, neither of those campaigns showed much of anythim in their pitch beyond people talking into the camera.

Plus, this game has extremely modest stretch goals, if you bothered to read (which I'm assuming based on your response, that you did not). Finally, the game concept isn't rven that complicated. It's a turn based skirmish level tactics game based on a preexisting ruleset with non AAA graphics meant to evoke wargame miniatures.

Not even sure what your point is. Are they supposed to show up with a complete game already? That's your standard?

Interesting. For me Diego was so tied to the voice actor, that when they changed the voice actor in Gothic 2 I was extremely disappointed. And then when I played Witcher 1 back in 2007-2008, the moment I heard Vesemir I was certain I'd heard the guy before. Somehow it's weird when the same voice actor is used for different characters. My most immersion-breaking voice actor has to be Simon Templeman, who played Kain in the LOK series. When I heard him in Dragon Age Origins I was immediately taken out of it.

I also recall being disappointed by Diego's voice in G2. Even though I didn't know the actor's name at the time, I definitely preferred his voice in G1. It's a shame they couldn't get Roberts to voice him in all 3 games.

The most immersion-breaking voice for me was probably Moira Brown in FO3. The woman who voiced her did several other characters as well, but Moira's voice made me want to punch her. :)

Back
Top Bottom