King's Bounty - Interview @ SC

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Katauri Interactive was interviewed at E3 by StrategyCore about their upcoming King's Bounty title:
SC: The hero doesn't participate in the combat, only the troops?
In King's Bounty, you got one hero which moves around the gameworld in real-time. Unlike the Heroes series, it is all happening in real-time. It’s not mission based and there’s only one hero on the map. As soon as battle mode starts, it’s turn-based, and it’s only your soldiers, your troops that are fighting on the map. The hero himself does not participate in the battle. He coordinates the battle and helps with some magic spells but he doesn’t participate in the battle.

SC: What are the RPG elements?
There are a whole lot of RPG elements in the game. We’ve got a huge tree for the main character, where he has characteristics, perks and so on. There are actually 3 character classes that you start up with at the beginning of the game: warrior, paladin and magician. After you pick up your specialization you develop the character through the game. You can also develop the rage demons that you’ve seen. They also have 3 levels, so you can upgrade these creatures as well.
More information.

I'm actually looking forward to this game. The original King's Bounty, on the Sega Genesis... my first Rpg-Strategy experience.

I tried it recently via dos-box, but the sound effects were so lame and muffled that I found it unplayable.

This release will be welcomed as a major, modern revamp of a true classic !

Looks quite nice. It will be interesting to see how they combine the realtime elements with the turn based combat aspect. I do like the idea of being able to run away from an enemy army that outclasses you--though I wonder how far you can really run. :)

Back
Top Bottom