Ad income ?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
I was just wondering if you knew why the ad income reduced so much from earlier to this year.

Ads income 2006-2013 €2365
Ads income 2014 €22

That's going downhill fast...

Also, we're break-even this year !! Yay!

I haven't received a single payment from GOG this year and we also didn't have another campaign running, so that is why :)

I do get a lot of request from companies who want to dump their ads here. But as the donations pretty much cover things, I'm not going there to keep the ads limited.

I haven't received a single payment from GOG.

That's odd as I always use the link add-on, and we should get a small percentage of the profit when people buy with the link. Guess it's not working.:thinking:

Either that or no one is buying anything with the link.:)

It works slightly different. The link is only used when you register at GOG and arrived there using that link. It is added to your profile, so all games you buy using that profile should give us a percentage.

I buy tons of games from GOG, but I don't know if I registered through the RPGWatch-link.

At the moment 309 units are sold with a net revenue of $1.200 for GOG in 2014 by users who registered using our link. I belief the percentage we get is 8%, so that should be $96.
Last year was better :)

I belief GOG is holding back payments until a certain amount is reached, which is why I did not receive anything yet, but I've asked them about this, so will let you know what they answered.

That deal seems a bit lopsided in GOG's favor? I would ask them at least to also give you money for every referral that results in a sale. Many Wathchers must have been registered at GOG long before the ads started.
I am happy that the ads are limited, but since we have them, they should also be profitable. If it's <200$ a year, then we might as well just go without adds altogether, no?

So is there anyway way for those of us who did not register via the link to somehow link our account to RPGwatch?

I am happy that the ads are limited, but since we have them, they should also be profitable. If it's <200$ a year, then we might as well just go without adds altogether, no?
One has to be happy with what we have :)
I also just got a request to do a review of a game for which they woul dpay $60. Perhaps that is a future market to go into :D

So is there anyway way for those of us who did not register via the link to somehow link our account to RPGwatch?
Don't know. I'll ask them.

Does it cost much for a years hosting here?

I'm sure quite a few of us would paypal some money if needed.

Also, it seems that the GoG ad from here was added to AdBlock Plus somewhat recently. I remember seeing the ad not that long ago but it no longer shows up. Anyone else have the same experience? I just disabled ABP for here and the ad showed back up so it was ABP for sure.

Our total cost are around $1000 a year. This year it is below $1000 and next year it is a bit higher, as I plan to move to a new server, which is what I like to do every two year.
What we receive above what we need moves to the next year, which is what happened this year for example.

I refuse almost all requests from ad companies as most of them are kinda shady in my opinion and I don't want anyone to feel the ads are too present, like our friends at the Codex must experience :)

One has to be happy with what we have :)
I also just got a request to do a review of a game for which they woul dpay $60. Perhaps that is a future market to go into :D

Don't know. I'll ask them.

I sure hope there is a way because I'm sure that many of us here haven't registered that way.

Maybe, as a measure of precaution, you should make a notice on the front page just besides the logo on how to procede.
The Watch is losing money otherwise and that saddens me.

Edit : And no Indeed. Nobody here wants to be Jolted!!!

I asked and unfortunately GOG does not facilitate such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom