E3 2017: Rise of multiplayer

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Remember good old days when seeing an announcement of RPG on E3 was a miracle?

This year it seems any kind of a singleplayer game on E3 is a miracle. MMO here, MMO there. 2-coop here, 4-coop there.
Does this mean gaming industry decadence continued or am I just getting too old? Where did singleplayers disappear?

Oh yeah, I've spotted one singleplayer game announced. Sony is making zombie bears PS4 exclusive: Days Gone.
http://www.sfgate.com/technology/bu...pocalypse-game-for-PlayStation-4-11215203.php

Someone please kill me.

I know the feeling. Games like Copper Dreams and StarCrawlers are still being made, however not as many as I would like.

Where did singleplayers disappear?

Everyone is just trying to get a pie of Destiny 25+ millions and GTAV 75+ millions buyers…

If, by decadence, you mean focusing on the best gaming experience you can get - which is cooperative gameplay - then sure.

That said, off the top of my head, I saw games like Metro, Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2 and others. All very SP focused.

However, as usual, you're looking in the wrong place for non-mainstream games. E3 is mainstream - which I would have thought you knew by now. That means any RPG will target the mainstream audience.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the mainstream audience isn't made up of purely isolationist gamers :)

Crowdfunding, middle-market and indie games are what you're looking for - and the market has never been more favorable to people like the Watch.

Some of you are just spoiled brats who prefer to whine over what you don't get - instead of praising what you DO get.

the best gaming experience you can get - which is cooperative gameplay
As usual, your axiomatic argument is subjective and laughable. It's sad you have no RL friends so you're forced to use surogats.

E3 is mainstream
And that means what. That it should not follow this century TV mainstream (Westworld) but return two decades (mexican soap operas)?

Some of you are just spoiled brats who prefer to whine over what you don't get - instead of praising what you DO get.
Some of us spoiled brats know what we want and will never praise what CEOs say is fun. If we didn't ask for something, then we didn't. Plain and simple.

But silly me. Why do I even bother explaining something to someone who's reaction on Forbrydelsen was "meh" and who's too scared to wear "emperor's new clothes" in public so hides it with another "meh":
H3257-L45062121.jpg

Should I add a praise on WW2 movie about the most idiotic assassination in history that caused genocide in two smalltowns - of course as movies tend to be not historically accurate?

I respect your choice to go with the flow. And as you can notice, now I see and (sometimes though) read your posts, but I don't want to reply on them just because. Plus I don't understand your need to insult everyone who thinks different.
Just please remember that your previous account ended on my ignorelist after calling me an idiot for saying now can't remember what about Bioshock Infinite (nothing good definetly).

yea yea, now luj1 will come and call me a hipster. Good. I'll accept that. But please, add something about E3 too.

Last edited:
What medicine? I'm healthy and not a chems addict.
I don't use pills, vitamine supplements nor crystal meth. Consuming only what nature provides.

Seems E3 this year is aimed at a different kind of addicts. Maybe I should return to LoL, kinda miss toxic people wishing me cancer.

Actually, the best way to experience cooperative gameplay is with RL friends :)

You should try it!

As for insults, I just say things the way I see them. 90% of your posts are blind tirades - and that's a fact, not an insult. There's probably a reason most people keep saying that about you, don't you think?

Well, if I ever had a reason to get off your ignore-list - I know how easy it is, I just need to change my name :)

In any case, you do have SOMETHING useful to contribute in the remaining 10% of your posts - but this thread is just another tirade against how people aren't like you - and how they're decadent for that reason.

Did it ever occur to you that I like what most people are saying about me? I mean, it's me. I'm not pretending to be something else. I'm just another rotten human who'll die just like everyone else. The one who'll piss on… Well, if only I didn't have better things to do than travel there. And the one who is not afraid to say the species need to be culled (not in terrorist ways, I'm against abusing others, but then again I guess that's the reason why I despise CEOs).

It's all odd. I though you of all people will see through my first post and conclude that someone who isn't a MMO virgin based on this year's E3 predicts an obvious avalanche of DLC expansions, season passes and microtransactions scamware. Instead, you're mentioning whining and praising…
Here's an example:
https://www.otakustudy.com/video-ga...ronic-arts-bioware-provide-first-look-anthem/
Patrick Soderlund | Executive Vice President at EA Worldwide Studios

Our developers at BioWare have been creating something special. We’re pushing Frostbite to new heights, developing a game unlike anything EA has ever made before. We’re telling a new story, creating a social, co-operative experience, and putting it in a contiguous open world that is dynamic and will be ever-changing for years to come.
EA, "years to come". I mean, why the PR bullshit statement. Why can't they just say "milking" or "numerous expansions", I'd respect them more.

But okay, maybe I overestimated someone. Sorry about that.

I was quite satisfied with Assasins creed and Mount and blade. They seem to implement more RPG-elements than in previous versions and the latter seems excellent all around. Both are primarily single player games.

To me, there is still Multiplayer = DRM. Plus, you can bind custumers more nicelky by collecting their data and using this data to apply stuff to your "target audience".

EA like Blizzard and some others have made a hard turn toward this kind of game. Now, they only do Social Games: COOP, MP or MMO and the elite kind of MP gaming: eSport. I mean, even the Sims and Simcity are now that kind of games.
Now than the EA "RPG" Studio, Bioware, has been a failure on its own "Speciality" they turn it toward MP games.
I think we should stop expecting anything really geared toward our pleasure from them but it is not really a surprise. It is not even a loss anymore.

Back
Top Bottom