Diablo 3 - Q2 Release, "You Will Die. We Promise."

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A conference call on Activision's latest financial results, Blizzard's Mike Morhaime confirmed that Diablo 3 has been delayed into a Q2 release, according to IncGamers. The delay (previously "early" 2012) is a result of the recent changes, following beta testing. Here's a quote:
Given the popularity of the action RPG genre, and the keen interest in Diablo III, we expect this launch to be a big opportunity for Blizzard. We can also confirm that we are targeting a Q2 launch for Diablo III. We expect to announce more details about the release schedule in the coming weeks.
In other news, the Diablo 3 site promises Nightmare difficulty will be plenty hard and offers a video featuring developers answering that question at Blizzcon.
More information.

The good news is Q2 could mean as early as April. On the other hand could mean June. I think a safer bet is they are placating the fanbase with a "release date" which will inevitably be changed to "late 2012 - early 2013." :(

I understand Bliz never commits to an actual release date, but this whole charade starting last year about how its release was everso imminent annoys me because I don't think it really has been close to completion.

Even worse, despite my rage I will still buy it because I love this series and there is really nothing else out there that appeals to me.

It seems they don't really know what they're doing with this game - in terms of the finer design points. As such, I'm fine with them taking their time and coming up with something decent.

Then again, there could be other reasons we're not hearing about - and I wouldn't put it past them to have this all be about the RMAH thingy.

Back
Top Bottom