Dragon Age - Diary #3 @ Fidgit

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Tom Chick's third diary details his battle against two ogres:
Taking control of the main character, I tell my party to wait back in the narrow pass. Then I stealth forward. This will turn out to be a common enough tactic for me that I eventually put the "Hold Position" and "Stealth" commands on my character's shortcut options.
I watch the ogres for a bit. They mill around. I wait until one of them is farther back. I fire a pinning arrow that will briefly stun him. It doesn't seem to last long. I presume ogres have a considerable physical resistance that lets them shake off stun effects quickly. But it does what it needs to do. It gives the other ogre a head start so when he chases me back into the pass where the party is waiting, his buddy is trailing him. This will give us time to focus on one target.
More information.

Mmmm, this sounds good. I think I will set my party up something like this, except my PC will be a Mage with some healing spells and some nuking spells. Which leaves me without a Rogue, so I'll probably have one of those along instead of Sten.

I am wondering how many of the boss battles will go beyond tank 'n' spank. I don't mind the odd tank 'n' spank battle where it's about aggro managment and resource management, or the occaisional DPS race, but hopefully most of the bosses require more thoughtful tactics.

Back
Top Bottom