Risen 2 - Facebook Treasure Hunt

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We received the following press release for a Risen 2 treasure hunt on Facebook:
Treasure hunt for Risen 2TM: Dark Waters starts on Facebook today!
Tuesday 29th May 2012 – Hampshire, UK/.. Set the sails and lift the anchor! The Treasures App for Risen 2 will start on Facebook today and will allow aspiring pirates and sailors to immerse themselves into the world of the Southern Seas from the game Risen 2: Dark Waters.

Participants in this treasure hunt are even able to recruit a loyal crew out of their Facebook friends and obtain a ship to find the legendary treasure of the old pirate captains!

A wealth of other booty awaits them along the way, but if they are bold and cunning enough to face and master the tasks and adventures that await them, they will get the chance to find the greatest of all treasures - a sailing trip for them and their crew in the Caribbean!

file://lunchpr-sbs/Docs/Deep Silver/Risen 2 Dark Waters/Press Releases/www.facebook.com/risengamewww.facebook.com/risengame
More information.

Ehm, well … so who should be the new publisher for Piranha Bytes?
Or should they rather try the self-publishing route?

You may think of me as a common hater, but lemme quote what I've written yesterday on the official Risen2 forum on those news (http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/64471-Risen-2-Facebook-App):

I'm not registered on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus nor Linkedln. I also never used services like Myspace. And I plan to never use those noprivacy/spying sites. And I believe all fans deserver a respect, those who use Facebook and those who don't use it.

IMO what Deep Silver just did - practically saying "shove off" to all Risen2 fans who don't use Facebook - is an advertisment fail.
If Deep Silver wants more "likes", there is an endless number of australian firms that sell 1000 nonmultiacc but genuine "likes" for mere 10$. But no, 10$ is too expensive, let's kick in the groin all those Risen2 fans who despise Facebook.

All I can say is thanks for making me disgusted.

Oh can I play this game too?

Yep, common apologists.

Gee that was easy.

I don't like Facebook, like joxer I care about my privacy.

I understand PB's trying to get the words 'Risen 2' well-known, but I do hope this will be a one time thing.

I'm agnostic on this issue. I don't care about social media and won't be visiting Facebook to play the treasure hunt.

If this effort is a foreshadowing of some kind of future mainstreamed monstrosity cranked out by PB, I'll cross that bridge when it gets here.

On another note, I do believe social media sites can and will be used against those who use them. That is one big reason I stay away from the likes of Facebook.

Deep Silver is on a real roll -downhill- these days. When being called out for the blatant lie with regard to the playtime of the Air Temple DLC (the product description on Steam said "8 hours"), a community rep said "Oops oh really? Is that what it says? I guess we'll have to correct the description then." … like they did not know it was faulty. Yeah right… :rolleyes:
And, of course, they have conveniently not gotten around to fixing it yet because it still says 8 hours right now.

Yeah, Facebook kind of creeps me out. I probably shouldn't put anything there that isn't completely innocuous, like this is supposed to be?

Um, any developer who does not take advantage of face book to get their game out there is frankly an idiot. Do you realize how many people use it?

Back
Top Bottom