Starpoint Gemini 2 - Preview @ IncGamers

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
IncGamers has posted a new preview of Starpoint Gemini 2 based off the Steam Early Access version. The site found the game to be promising.

Combat feels satisfying, with strong ties to the RPG-like levelling and cooldown abilities. And while the universe is currently lacking in focused narrative and balanced prices, it’s a vast arena to explore and offers the freedom of multiple mission types. It’s the definition of Early Access complete with semi-implemented features and loading stutters when entering new sectors, but like the steady coalescence of a new star Starpoint Gemini 2 has promising materials at its heart.
More information.

Dare I start raising hopes?

The game is actually more than I expected when I bought it first during last sales period. Expected a kinda ok game to have fun with during the holidays, and you know, I don't usually buy alphas betas and some such, but figured, ok, what the heck, it was 30 % discount + cheaper due to early access.

And what to say, have 70 hours so far, the game is properly made, everything already done is placed where it should be, some adjustments to controls, but after catching a grip (turret view a must have, figured that out a few hours later :D), the game is in an excellent state for beta (from what I read on other early access games at least, on this one I had only 2 crashes), and is going along pretty well, they've implemented another 2 RPG classes in the last update, now there's a gunner, commander and a tech dude , plenty of ships and upgrades, and a really vast map.
Check it out and see for yourself, there's a plenty more vids out there. ;)

I'll probably be grabbing this once they release. It sounds promising, but I am just not buying a beta...

SPG2 is looking better by the day and its coming out soon, around late September.

The new update with all new nebula looks, elite blueprint upgardes and rare ships. Must say i was sceptical first, but now im relay suprised when i foun out that its a realy small dev team.

Just love my big ships ingame:

2014_08_21_00002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom