Arakion - Early Access in May

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
It has been in development for quite some time and Arakion will now go into Early Access on Steam May 15.

Arakion Early Access is rolling out on May 15th!

Get ready to begin your journey into the unique world that is Arakion. The one-of-a-kind dungeon crawling experience you all helped bring to life! Why Early Access? Well, Arakion is large. Our testers currently spend ~10 hours on current content in the first playthrough. So, although it's Early Access there is a lot to do.

As our testers have already found out, Arakion also gets updated a lot, weekly in fact! So be sure to check out the Roadmap & Updates to always stay up to date with Arakion's developments!

If you haven't already, be sure to head over to Steam and follow Arakion!

Over the next two weeks, I'll be showcasing all the new and awesome stuff in Arakion such as crafting, constructs, randomized dungeons and more! Additionally, shortly after the launch, I will begin holding polls and contests for the backer-created content such as the backer-created profession. More details on backer-exclusives soon.
Thanks Pongo.

More information.

Hmmm, looks like the main is a goat-man? Not really interested. I've never had a secret desire to be part goat.

Hmmm, looks like the main is a goat-man? Not really interested. I've never had a secret desire to be part goat.

Actually looks to me like you have a choice of race for your characters.

There's five different races. Satyr, Yin, Human, Sapling, & Torti.

I think you'd make a lovely Mr. Tumnus.

589dbd9c87cd9527ffb10fd0f67d3b51.jpg

I think you'd make a lovely Mr. Tumnus.

I'd rather Mr Tumnus than the faun from Pan's Labyrinth…
latest

I think the game looks quite good personally, I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

I backed the kickstarter but have only looked at the alpha/beta stuff briefly. The game originally channelled Might and Magic games as a primary influence, which was enough to pique my interest.

However, it has been delayed a lot, and revamped/reformed so much during its protracted development, that I'm not sure what I'll make of the final product. I decided to wait for it to be more finished, because this sort of game remains fairly rare, and I don't really want to spoil it with half-finished content.

That said, kudos to the author/team for sticking with it, despite a lot of setbacks. I could see this one not coming to fruition, but I'm glad that's not the case :)

Yup same here, I distinctly remember getting an early Might and Magic vibe from the kickstarter presentation, and threw money at it immediately. That was some years ago, and I wonder if we'll ever actually see a product, so any news in that direction is good news. It may have changed vision somewhat, but I'll still give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom