Deus Ex - Retrospective @ Game Informer

aries100

SasqWatch
Game Informer has done a retrospective piece on this game. Here's the introduction:
Ben Hanson, Adam Biessener, myself, one of Epic Mickey 2's producers Raul Ramirez, and Warren Spector all sat down only to stand right back up and take a stroll down memory lane, making sure to stick to the shadows wherever possible. Spector talks about how he was moments away from signing a contract with Electronic Arts to create a Command & Conquer RPG, when John Romero called him up and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. We also take a look at at one of Warren's favorite games that influences his work even today with the development of Epic Mickey in our Replay Roulette.
More information.

lol

I re-installed DX:HR a few days ago.

Deus+Ex.jpeg

I have all three installed . You heard me even the second one that people try to ignore.:p

One of the greatest games ever and very interesting comments by Spector. Too bad the guy playing was terrible and kept interrupting Spector. Anyway, I adored DX1 (3x playthroughs) and even enjoyed DX2 and also adored DX:HR (4x playthroughs).

Also: very cool that Spector loved Suikoden! I too was one of the few to play it and fall in love. Such amazing concepts ahead of its time and amazing music.

On one hand, fantastic idea for an interview and Warren is joy to listen as always.
On the other, the guy playing it pissed me off. If they had someone who actually knows how to play it, they could have explored more missions and get lot more info from Warren about the actual game.
But still, good effort. I wish Warren would stop making disney games and made something mature and ambitious again. At least we have Harvey..october cannot come soon enough.

Thanks for the link, that was interesting to listen to - namely, Warren was interesting to listen to. Quite painful to watch, however. Who's the moron actually playing the game, doesn't do much justice to the game. And then there's the other moron interrupting Warren several times. Gaming press at its best again. *sigh*

Warren mentions on the video he'd like to see (Ultima) Underworld remade and to that I say, HELL YEAH!

Back
Top Bottom